Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
All this talk of filing taxes has inspired me to start mine.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by Phudnik
Mine looks to be in the five figures based on being 60% of the way through Turbotax , but given that I wouldn't have the discipline to save this money throughout the year and the alternative doesn't pay much more than zero anyway, I figure I'm just doing my part to pay for crop subsidies and bridges to nowhere and so forth.
My (new-to-me) local credit union offers 3% APY on FDIC-insured balances up to $25,000. Would have to pay taxes on the 3% (and deal with inflation) but it's better than losing to inflation outright when the government has the funds with no return.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Trustguy
I called CS again and they told me to enjoy the points and stay credit. I then had them add a G1 bonus.
Hyatt does have customer service skills
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
If you know you're getting a refund, I would start. If not getting a refund or itemizing deductions (IRS won't accept return yet), wait a bit.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:14 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by ande777emt
Nice! I think PHL-PHX may have a possibility of being an ex HP 752, so it may not have the Envoy Seats.
If the flight number is < 700, it is an ex-HP 752; > 700 and it is an ex-US East 752 with Envoy recliner seats.
Correct, I double checked a few times to make sure it is the one with the Envoy seat... Seat map shows 11 seats with 3D being blocked out... The flight number is 1197, departs PHL at 1:50pm...

Originally Posted by ande777emt
Now that I think of it, one of the SJU-PHL flights has the 332 with Envoy suites. I'd highly recommend that flight.
I tried to get the A332 on one of the PHL-SJU flights, but it is only 2x week and the times are not that great... Departs PHL at 9am or something and leaves SJU at 3:40pm... The only way I can make it work with this routing is by overnighting in PHL and I didn't think all that trouble was worth it for the A332 on a 4 hour flight with domestic service... I will make a point one day in the future to try out the new Envoy sleeper seats ^
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
I may have sold Madre de Copa on doing the 7-segment LAS run from last night.

Big props to Mackieman for his quick SMS response to my beer noob needs. ^

Phudnik, Total Wine also can haz Blonde and Black. Thought about buying Blonde as well, but I have finite refrigerator space.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by icurhere2
If you know you're getting a refund, I would start. If not getting a refund or itemizing deductions (IRS won't accept return yet), wait a bit.
Definitely a refund, but I don't have all the 1099's yet. Though I suppose I can hunt them down online.

I just pulled a slip cover off a feather pillow too quickly. Looks like a chicken exploded in my bedroom.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Phudnik, Total Wine also can haz Blonde and Black. Thought about buying Blonde as well, but I have finite refrigerator space.
Excellent [rubs hands, la Mr. Burns]

Our ETA may be a bit later than planned, because daughter #1 haz a visit to the horsies tomorrow.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Big props to Mackieman for his quick SMS response to my beer noob needs. ^
It is my firm belief that people shouldn't drink crappy beer. ^
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Excellent [rubs hands, la Mr. Burns]

Our ETA may be a bit later than planned, because daughter #1 haz a visit to the horsies tomorrow.
You're plugged in for roughly 2-4p, as the groomsman's dinner starts at 6.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mackieman
Ended up not buying Blonde, but I want to try it in a smaller quantity than 24 bottles. Buying Hefeweizen the first time was odd in that I bought a case and found myself to like it. I'm not willing to take that chance twice.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by cheepneezy
I'm sitting here with the stack of papers right next to me. Got the last bit of information needed in the mail today. Already warned the Mister that I'm going to be . Stupid !#$@$%@ marriage tax.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by Mackieman
Winner,Winner, Goal, Goal, Goooooooooooooal^^
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Trustguy
.... I called CS again and they told me to enjoy the points and stay credit. I then had them add a G1 bonus.

my highlights....... hilarious.....good for you Trustguy. We would expect nothing less!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Hello, Box, from UA 863.

Originally Posted by msv
May the bump or upgrade Gods be with you.^
Most tasks are improved with a beverage or two
F9 J1 Y0.

No bumps.

No upgrades. I was on an H fare with a CR-1 applied at ticketing and finished #12 out of 20 on the standby list.

This is my first time in Y on a p.s. flight, and there is NO WAY they should call it E+.

Some rows have open middle seats...not I. I'm hungry and unfortunately not tired enough to just pass out. Paid for wi-fi and maybe at least I'll get some work and/or reading done without killing the woman next to me with my elbows and various baggage. Not that she wouldn't deserve it.

Oh yeah, and when I walked through the F cabin, there were 3 people in it out of 12 seats, so I guess there were no op-ups. With 20 people on the standby list, at least 12 *G level elites on confirmed upgrade instruments missed out while F went 75% empty.

I know I'm in a mood. But . I had been so looking forward to this.

Thank you in advance for entertaining me for the next four-and-a-half-ish hours. I wish I had more than one UA drink coupon...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.