Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental introduces Specialty Cocktails

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joshwex90
I'm mostly looking forward to enjoying a nice redbull/vodka...on CO!
Those drinks are trouble with a capital T. I bet they're gone in 6 months.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by ijgordon
If you're only capitalizing the "t," you've never seen me drink them. If you had, you would've capitalized every single letter
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:26 am
Suspended

Agreed.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Those drinks are trouble with a capital T.
Which rhymes with P which stands for puking my guts up in the airplane lav.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:35 am

Is it for sure starting tomorrow?
Originally Posted by Vulcan
News Releases

Print Version
Continental Airlines Introduces Specialty Cocktails
HOUSTON, June 30, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --

Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) today announced that it will introduce specialty cocktails on board flights beginning July 1. The specialty beverages include Stirrings(R) Mojito, Stirrings(R) Pomegranate Martini, and Red Bull(R) Energy Drink.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just curious: in this context, would F mean everything from domestic to BF? As in are these mixers going to be available on all flights, regardless of destination?
No.

They will be on the "domestic" carts only from the announcement. And "domestic" includes LatAm that is non-BF from a catering perspective.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
I'm on a plane right now boarding from PHX to EWR and its already has the July mag and it shows the speciality cocktails and to some surprise it says : specialty beverages CARRY a charge in the front cabin but other beer wine and liqour is comp in first class
Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by COEWR2587
I'm on a plane right now boarding from PHX to EWR and its already has the July mag and it shows the speciality cocktails and to some surprise it says : specialty beverages CARRY a charge in the front cabin but other beer wine and liqour is comp in first class
WOW.

That sucks. Bad form. Bad form, indeed.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sbm12
WOW.

That sucks. Bad form. Bad form, indeed.
Hopefully the stock they bought has a long shelf-life. They won't be selling much of these upfront - unless outside of our own FT data-points, they actually did sell these in F during the 739 test-run.

Checking the "list", the pomegranate mix has 70 calories and 18gms of sugar per 3oz

I wont be mixing any of that in my Club Soda....although it might taste good poured over pancakes as a syrup.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Hard to believe that CO intends to charge for these in FC. Very disappointing, but hardly surprising given CO's momentum as of late.

Tacky and cheap, just like not having pillows in FC on transcontinental flights.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I've had that pomegranate martini in DL, which did not charge for them in F and had (still has?) the specialty drinks for quite a while. But it tasted absolutely horrible - like cough syrup. No way I will be ordering that. I bet the mojito also tastes chemically.

The red bull idea is just MAD. Why would you introduce that kind of drink when planes are full enough and tempers may already be frayed? Irresponsible.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Try telling those who paid $1-2k for F that they'll be charged for speciality drinks in F, when they had the mindset that being in F means everything is free.

Not funny.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by sbm12
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

The announcement is vague but I'm betting no. If they were for sale in F why make the distinction of "economy cabin" in the release? That being said, it is not definitive from the statement.
They have been serving Red Bull to Generalissimos since DO IV
Old Jun 30, 2010, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nova08

Josh makes sheepish grin for glossing over the salient points.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just wondering, why would they only make this selection on North American/Caribbean/Latin American destinations? If CO is in it for the money, there's more money to be made when you open this up to all their international destinations; if it's about making customers happy, I think it can only do good (except for charging in F) when pax on Trans-Atlantic flight have this option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.