Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental introduces Specialty Cocktails

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Continental introduces Specialty Cocktails

News Releases

Print Version
Continental Airlines Introduces Specialty Cocktails
HOUSTON, June 30, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --

Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) today announced that it will introduce specialty cocktails on board flights beginning July 1. The specialty beverages include Stirrings(R) Mojito, Stirrings(R) Pomegranate Martini, and Red Bull(R) Energy Drink.

(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100630/DA28692-a)

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20100630/DA28692-a)

(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100630/DA28692-b)

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20100630/DA28692-b)

"We continue to search for premium offerings to give our customers more choices inflight," said Mark Bergsrud, senior vice president of marketing programs and distribution. "The new specialty cocktails are top-quality products for our customers to enjoy."

Continental Airlines partnered with Stirrings, the leading premium cocktail mixer brand, to offer its Mojito and Pomegranate Martini. The Mojito is a crisp cocktail with a sweet, smooth blend of mint, cane sugar and lime juice, served with Bacardi Light rum on ice for $9. The Pomegranate Martini is a refreshing cocktail with a sweet-tart blend of pomegranate, cane sugar and lemon juice, served with Skyy Vodka on ice for $9. Stirrings cocktail mixers are made with all-natural, superior-quality ingredients like real fruit juice, cane sugar and triple-filtered water, and are available to customers without alcohol for $3.

Continental teamed with Red Bull to offer its energy drink to customers for $3. Known as the original energy drink that vitalizes the body and mind, customers may pair it with Skyy Vodka on ice for $9.

The specialty drinks, available for sale in economy class on flights to North American, Caribbean and Latin American destinations, may be purchased with a major credit or debit card in Continental's cashless cabins. Customers may take advantage of an inflight discount of $2 off alcoholic beverages when using a Continental Airlines MasterCard from Chase.

The specialty beverage menu is part of Continental's initiative to offer customers more choices inflight. In the fall, Continental will introduce a variety of high quality, healthy food choices for purchase in economy class on many U.S./Canada and certain Latin American routes. Continental will continue to offer free beverage snacks and unlimited nonalcoholic beverages, including premium blend Fresh Brew coffee, hot tea and a wide selection of soda and juices.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Yes, but will they charge in F?
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Yes, but will they charge in F?
The announcement is vague but I'm betting no. If they were for sale in F why make the distinction of "economy cabin" in the release? That being said, it is not definitive from the statement.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Guess these will be on all flights and not just the 739s. Looks looks like they will be free up front. Hope I had a hand in them not charging in first bytsitting next to Bergstrum and using CO Currency.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by sbm12
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)The announcement is vague but I'm betting no.
I'd bet no also, but they did shock me before with charging for these in F, so who knows. And I understand that previously it was just a test, but still, this is a different CO then it was when they had blankets, pillows, and meals at mealtime...no
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
I'd bet no also, but they did shock me before with charging for these in F, so who knows. And I understand that previously it was just a test, but still, this is a different CO then it was when they had blankets, pillows, and meals at mealtime...no
I do remember this also, and I seem to remember Scott saying that there's a liklihood that they will eventually be offered for free in F. Hopefully I am right (in remembering this) and he was right!
(Just curious: in this context, would F mean everything from domestic to BF? As in are these mixers going to be available on all flights, regardless of destination? And would a $9 cost 2 continental currency, or could you simply buy 2 drinks for 3 certs?)
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:32 am
Suspended

My guess is they won't charge in F.

Look out for me in 3C sipping a cold one with a smile.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
I recall that US offers them for free in FC and in Envoy, so I will be shocked if CO charges.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike_asia

"cold one" refers to a beer.

I'm mostly looking forward to enjoying a nice redbull/vodka...on CO!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by joshwex90
"cold one" refers to a beer.

I'm mostly looking forward to enjoying a nice redbull/vodka...on CO!
redbull, i won't be able to sleep.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

redbull, i won't be able to sleep.
This is true, and I wouldn't have it on the redeye. But on certain flights where I want to stay up. Actually, it'd be really good to drink on my EWR-TLV flight because I land in the morning and get tired soon. Give me a nice wakeup that'll hopefully jolt me enough till I crash that night!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by joshwex90
This is true, and I wouldn't have it on the redeye. But on certain flights where I want to stay up. Actually, it'd be really good to drink on my EWR-TLV flight because I land in the morning and get tired soon. Give me a nice wakeup that'll hopefully jolt me enough till I crash that night!
agreed, nice move on CO. Imagine a 'free' car on arrival as well. Would be a nice touch
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

agreed, nice move on CO. Imagine a 'free' car on arrival as well. Would be a nice touch
I've never even gotten as much as a paid car from CO. Every time I try and complete the rental, *^$#&*(^#*^ site encounters an "unexpected error." "Unexpected" my *(&$#(*&$(#*
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:12 am

I will find out tomorrow
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nova08
I will find out tomorrow
Is it for sure starting tomorrow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.