Wiki Posts
Search

No option to split PNR on CO.com ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
No option to split PNR on CO.com ?

Flying to BTR a week from today with 2 pax and an in-cabin dog on one record. I'd like to split the PNR to better my chances for an upgrade, but co.com isn't giving me the option. I've done this many times before without a problem...could it be a recent website "enhancement", or is the dog throwing a kink in things?

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by shell nyc
Flying to BTR a week from today with 2 pax and an in-cabin dog on one record. I'd like to split the PNR to better my chances for an upgrade, but co.com isn't giving me the option. I've done this many times before without a problem...could it be a recent website "enhancement", or is the dog throwing a kink in things?

Thanks!
Dog is my guess. I just split a res a few days ago.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 4:48 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
I would guess that you would have to call and do it. The computer can't split (my guess) b/c it doesn't know who to put the dog with.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Called on Friday and the agent had no problem splitting the res. When I asked which pax the dog was now attached to, she said "Both." My EUA went through at 5days out so we now have a pet res in both F and Y. I wonder how that affects the in-cabin pet limits?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: PWP Postmaster General, :rolleyes: Sapphire, UA GS, and Marriott Plat
Called on Friday and the agent had no problem splitting the res. When I asked which pax the dog was now attached to, she said "Both." My EUA went through at 5days out so we now have a pet res in both F and Y. I wonder how that affects the in-cabin pet limits?
Upcoming thread: Dog Upgraded to F, Sat in Y

Old Jun 28, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (former 1K, Delta Platinum))
On my most recent flight with my wife, we were waitlisted for mileage upgrades both ways. At the 24 hour mark checkin, I answered yes to joining the upgrade standby list. This automatically split our records, with no agent intervention. There was a single locator before, and two new locators after.

This would have surprised me had I not phoned first to get coaching on what would happen. My non-elite wife was Plat for purposes of this flight, because I was attempting to upgrade her with miles. We listed #1, #2, but did not clear.

On the 7am Sunday transcon return, the first cabin was 3/20. I removed my mileage upgrade request, but left my wife's alone. (I did not first to be already full when we would finally be able to request a companion upgrade.) She cleared about 36 hours out, and I cleared about 23 hours out, in time to arrange seats together before everyone else cleared.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive

Thanks!
It is probably not the dog. I also had this problem with reservations booked via Expedia using Thank You points for my wife and me. No option existed on CO.com to split the reservation, which I wanted to do for EUA purposes. So I clicked on change reservation and then said I wanted to change only one passenger. After hitting next (or whatever the button is), the reservation was split. At this point I cancelled out and I now had two reservations. I knew from previous experience (accidental) that this would work.

I have two more reservations booked via Expedia/TYP and neither of them have the Separate Travelers option. I suspect the option only exists for reservations booked via CO.com.

Added: I also have a reward reservation booked for the two of us via CO.com. It does have the separate traveler option under each passenger in passenger details.

Last edited by Flyer737; Jun 28, 2010 at 4:59 pm Reason: Added info
Old Jun 28, 2010, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flyer737
It is probably not the dog. I also had this problem with reservations booked via Expedia using Thank You points for my wife and me. No option existed on CO.com to split the reservation, which I wanted to do for EUA purposes. So I clicked on change reservation and then said I wanted to change only one passenger. After hitting next (or whatever the button is), the reservation was split. At this point I cancelled out and I now had two reservations. I knew from previous experience (accidental) that this would work.
Nice workaround, thanks!

I have two more reservations booked via Expedia/TYP and neither of them have the Separate Travelers option. I suspect the option only exists for reservations booked via CO.com.
Ah... I just remembered that this res was started on CO.com but due to problems redeeming vouchers, it had to be ticketed over the phone. You may be on to something...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.