Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bonehead
I believe that you get reimbursed for the remaining time on your PC membership.
Originally Posted by eagle92
I believe you get a refund for the unused portion of the membership.
Originally Posted by COFreqFlyer
This is correct.
Thanks! I'm assuming the credit is prorated per day (~$1/day for a Plat) and goes back to the original form of payment?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sdm1130
Thanks! I'm assuming the credit is prorated per day (~$1/day for a Plat) and goes back to the original form of payment?
The proration (is that even a word?) depends on how many cheese bricks you've consumed this year...they keep track, you know.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The proration (is that even a word?) depends on how many cheese bricks you've consumed this year...they keep track, you know.
So basically I'm going to end up owing CO some money.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:51 am

The primary CDW is great! No more AmEx premium car rental insurance for me.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:57 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Do the same benefits roll over to the PPlus Business Card as well?

Forgot to ask -- will the same benefits roll over to the business cards as well?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:20 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Already a cardmember?... If you have a Chase credit card, but don’t have one of these two cards, you can call the number on the back of the card to switch your account.
Thanks for the info, Scott. Would it be possible to publish on co.com what, if any, benefits are available to us old CO Chase Visa Signature cardholders?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cjgibson
Thanks for the info, Scott. Would it be possible to publish on co.com what, if any, benefits are available to us old CO Chase Visa Signature cardholders?
+1

I have that and the PP MC and would like to know.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:49 am
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdm1130
I'm thinking of doing the same. Does anyone know if the annual fee is reduced if I have a standard PClub membership that expires in December?
Hi sdm1130, as others have pointed out, if you already have a one or three year Presidents Club membership, you will receive a credit for the unused portion of your dues when taking on the Presidential Plus card. You will in turn receive a new Presidents Club membership that corresponds to your cardmember anniversary date.

Originally Posted by downright
So I'm wondering, I surpassed 15k about a month ago, but haven't paid the bill yet (Due day is 6/6). The flex miles relating to the 15k spent have not yet posted to my Onepass account. I'm assuming they will...eventually.

Now, the amount that I spent over the 15k, I'm guessing will not count towards any flex miles, and will sort of be wasted, since it was spent before June 1. If that's the case, that kind of stinks, being as I'm talking about around 8k spent in that time frame. I'm sure most people are in the same situation.
Thanks for your question, downright. If you reached a $15,000 threshold before Jun 1, then you'll still get your Flex EQMs based on the 2,000 for every $15,000 in spend. If you were on your way to a $15,000 threshold but hadn't quite made it before May 31, you may be eligible for partial credit. So as not to penalize those who had a meaningful amount of spend accrued up to May 31, we'll be offering partial Flex EQM credit for those who of you who were shy of the $15,000 threshold, but were at least $5,000 of the way there.

Originally Posted by J.Edward
I assume that anyone who applies today would for a new account would be subject to the higher annual fee?
Yes, J.Edward, that is correct.

Originally Posted by J.Edward
Forgot to ask -- will the same benefits roll over to the business cards as well?
Yes and no, J.Edward. Presidential Plus for Business cardmembers will get these new benefits and marketing materials, but will not receive a new card. On the other hand, the the Continental World Card for Business is not changing at this time. Thus these new benefits will not apply - except for the Elite upgrades on OnePass rewards.

Originally Posted by cjgibson
Hi cjgibson, these new benefits do not apply to Continental Visa Signature cardmembers. You can, however, switch your account to either a OnePass Plus or Presidential Plus card by calling the number on the back of your card.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Haha. :-:

I hope, even through the merger, the PClubs keep the unlabeled milk dispensing system. I get endless amusement out of watching people fill their cereal with mini-moos because they can't figure out where to get milk.

Yes, I'm going to he!!. Might as well enjoy the ride.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:06 am

Thanks for your question, downright. If you reached a $15,000 threshold before Jun 1, then you'll still get your Flex EQMs based on the 2,000 for every $15,000 in spend. If you were on your way to a $15,000 threshold but hadn't quite made it before May 31, you may be eligible for partial credit. So as not to penalize those who had a meaningful amount of spend accrued up to May 31, we'll be offering partial Flex EQM credit for those who of you who were shy of the $15,000 threshold, but were at least $5,000 of the way there.
Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:39 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
So no 10,000 mile bonus for $25K spending on the Presidential Plus card, just on the OnePass Plus card?

Basically for $25K spending you can get
-10K RDM on the OnePass Plus
Or
-5K EQM on the Presidential Plus
Hmm...
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K

This is great news, as my last statement closed on May 4, landing me less than $50 shy of the $15K threshold, and my flex EQM's don't post until my statement posts around the 5th of the month. Whew! I would have hated to miss out on 2K flex EQM's for less than $50.

Next question: I presume the clock for spending $5K "reset" on June 1, and basically everything we spent from the last $15K threshold until June 1 "doesn't count" toward $5K in spend for 1K flex EQM's (unless it was at least $5K)? That amounts to almost $2K for me, and I'm sure others are in the same boat. Since we were not given any advance notice of this, I hope that CO counts the money we spent while unknowingly "in purgatory."

I also presume that whatever we have spent from January 1 - May 31 counts towards the $25K calendar year spend for the 10K RDM's?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Plat
Yes and no, J.Edward. Presidential Plus for Business cardmembers will get these new benefits and marketing materials, but will not receive a new card. On the other hand, the the Continental World Card for Business is not changing at this time. Thus these new benefits will not apply - except for the Elite upgrades on OnePass rewards.
Just to make sure I understand...

My existing Chase/CO World Card for Business (not PP+) IS going to gain the benefit of Elite upgrades on OnePass rewards, but otherwise won't change?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CO 1E
I might actually consider getting the card now.
I got an invitation to sign up including an annual fee waiver ($395 in the first year). I had dropped my former Pres Plus card in January because I was switching to Delta for most of my domestic travel. I couldn't pass up this offer - even if only for the EQMs to maintain Platinum status by flying 2 TATLs a year.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:05 am

Programs: UA MM
Question

Hi sdm1130, as others have pointed out, if you already have a one or three year Presidents Club membership, you will receive a credit for the unused portion of your dues when taking on the Presidential Plus card. You will in turn receive a new Presidents Club membership that corresponds to your cardmember anniversary date.
OK, so I have a PC membership that renews in Dec. I get a PP Card with the first year waived. My existing PC membership fee gets a prorated credit back to me some how.

Have I just gotten a free one year PC club membership AND a $160 credit on my new PP Chase(evil) MasterCard?

What's the catch?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.