FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:49 am
UA Insider
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by sdm1130
I'm thinking of doing the same. Does anyone know if the annual fee is reduced if I have a standard PClub membership that expires in December?
Hi sdm1130, as others have pointed out, if you already have a one or three year Presidents Club membership, you will receive a credit for the unused portion of your dues when taking on the Presidential Plus card. You will in turn receive a new Presidents Club membership that corresponds to your cardmember anniversary date.

Originally Posted by downright
So I'm wondering, I surpassed 15k about a month ago, but haven't paid the bill yet (Due day is 6/6). The flex miles relating to the 15k spent have not yet posted to my Onepass account. I'm assuming they will...eventually.

Now, the amount that I spent over the 15k, I'm guessing will not count towards any flex miles, and will sort of be wasted, since it was spent before June 1. If that's the case, that kind of stinks, being as I'm talking about around 8k spent in that time frame. I'm sure most people are in the same situation.
Thanks for your question, downright. If you reached a $15,000 threshold before Jun 1, then you'll still get your Flex EQMs based on the 2,000 for every $15,000 in spend. If you were on your way to a $15,000 threshold but hadn't quite made it before May 31, you may be eligible for partial credit. So as not to penalize those who had a meaningful amount of spend accrued up to May 31, we'll be offering partial Flex EQM credit for those who of you who were shy of the $15,000 threshold, but were at least $5,000 of the way there.

Originally Posted by J.Edward
I assume that anyone who applies today would for a new account would be subject to the higher annual fee?
Yes, J.Edward, that is correct.

Originally Posted by J.Edward
Forgot to ask -- will the same benefits roll over to the business cards as well?
Yes and no, J.Edward. Presidential Plus for Business cardmembers will get these new benefits and marketing materials, but will not receive a new card. On the other hand, the the Continental World Card for Business is not changing at this time. Thus these new benefits will not apply - except for the Elite upgrades on OnePass rewards.

Originally Posted by cjgibson
Thanks for the info, Scott. Would it be possible to publish on co.com what, if any, benefits are available to us old CO Chase Visa Signature cardholders?
Hi cjgibson, these new benefits do not apply to Continental Visa Signature cardmembers. You can, however, switch your account to either a OnePass Plus or Presidential Plus card by calling the number on the back of your card.