Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL No One Knows What Will Happen to [Your Issue Here] w/UA Merger Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The OFFICIAL No One Knows What Will Happen to [Your Issue Here] w/UA Merger Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by JSlo
FWIW, the best RCC's are in Asia. Tokyo and Hong Kong both have sweet RCC's complete with showers etc.
While true, this statement fails to take account of the fact that the NH lounge at NRT and the TG lounge at HKG are BOTH better than the RCC's.

Dave
Old May 3, 2010, 11:58 am

FF programs

does anyone have an idea as to whose FF program will survive? I left Delta for CO and got a Chase One Pass card to accumulate miles on CO. Now should I get a chase card to accumulate miles on UA??

By the way, UA has a great card, double miles on stuff, 30,000 bonus miles to sign and 5000 miles bonus each year, just like the old Delta AmEx card before their program tanked.

Best scenario is we will be able to transfer miles between programs.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Originally Posted by jhdflyer
does anyone have an idea as to whose FF program will survive? I left Delta for CO and got a Chase One Pass card to accumulate miles on CO. Now should I get a chase card to accumulate miles on UA??

By the way, UA has a great card, double miles on stuff, 30,000 bonus miles to sign and 5000 miles bonus each year, just like the old Delta AmEx card before their program tanked.

Best scenario is we will be able to transfer miles between programs.
Read http://www.unitedcontinentalmerger.c...frequent-flyer

You will find answers to many of your questions. In short the two programs will be combined into a single one with miles from both becoming part of the combined program. All this will happen after the merger closes on a date yet to be announced.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
will the new United serve meals by status in FC?
Old May 3, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: CO gold,AA platinum for life,WN, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club plat,Emerald club exec
E+ for CO elites starts when?

so- does anyone know if the merger will accelerate or slow down having us CO elites be able to reserve E+? Is there a date other than "mid year"?
Old May 3, 2010, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by ohstewardess
will the new United serve meals by status in FC?
I hope so, since then we won't have to remember silly things like FEBO, or whatever those chuckleheads on the dAArkside have to do!!

Dave
Old May 3, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
WAS

Obviously UA has a hub at IAD... all my folks fly in and out of DCA on CO on a monthly basis.

Will CO downgrade their flights into DCA and start using IAD? Inquiring minds want to know...
Old May 3, 2010, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
Can we request that all of CO's planes be repainted in the old UA livery that is still out there?
That's gonna cost you a lof of Frequent Flyer miles
Old May 3, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
What's the deal???

Here's what I want to know:
1. What does everyone think will happen to Y+?
2. Will the combined airline keep CO's 'meals at mealtime' on Transcon routes (from EWR), as well as introduce them to UA Transcon routes (from JFK and IAD)? Or will they shift to UA Choice food service for these routes?
3. What will happen to United's 3-class P.S. Service now that EWR is a hub?
Old May 3, 2010, 2:11 pm
tvx

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
How about...

SpiriTed Con?

"Uncontinental?" A bit OBE, but an airline that sounds like it has bladder control issues could work. . . ..
Old May 3, 2010, 4:19 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/a...tal-emplo.html

From Smisek's letter to employees. He talks up a lot for Houston, including more service.

Ciao,
FH
Old May 3, 2010, 6:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
sticky?

Last edited by HeathrowGuy; May 3, 2010 at 10:08 pm
Old May 3, 2010, 10:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

(never mind)
Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

As the merger close is drawing near, I thought it prudent to revive the thread since the questions should start pouring in soon...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.