Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL No One Knows What Will Happen to [Your Issue Here] w/UA Merger Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The OFFICIAL No One Knows What Will Happen to [Your Issue Here] w/UA Merger Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2010, 12:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Exclamation The OFFICIAL No One Knows What Will Happen to [Your Issue Here] w/UA Merger Thread

Please feel free to use this thread to express your questions and concerns about the merger with United.

However, do post in the virtual certainty that there simply won't be any firm answers on many merger- and post-merger related topics for at least several months, if not a year or more, as many policy and product decisions simply cannot and will not be made until the merger has closed and the combined carrier's management team is in place to review things and call shots.

Fire away.
Old May 1, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Major Issue:

Will our PIN's be 4 or 8 characters ??
Old May 1, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Major Issue:

Will our PIN's be 4 or 8 characters ??
Huh? You use a password on UA, not a PIN. And mine is 6 characters now. The answer is almost certain that you will get a UA frequent flyer number (if you don't have one now) and follow the current UA rules for your password. Nothing else would make any sense. And the same thing happened in the USAirways-America West merger and the Delta-Northwest merger. The account number and password were based on the name that survived.
Old May 1, 2010, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

What will happen to the CO brand standard?

Will the lounge showers have loofas?
Old May 1, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, Starwood
Will the top tier on the new amalgamation program will be 100K or 75K?
Old May 1, 2010, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Can we request that all of CO's planes be repainted in the old UA livery that is still out there?

photo courtesy of airliners.net
Old May 1, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ADAMESQ
Will the top tier on the new amalgamation program will be 100K or 75K?
I speculate 150k.
Old May 1, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Presidential PLus M/C

What will this be converted to ? Luckily both companies use chase to this will not be a big deal. Will they add E+ access to this ?
Old May 1, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DCBob
Huh? You use a password on UA, not a PIN. And mine is 6 characters now. The answer is almost certain that you will get a UA frequent flyer number (if you don't have one now) and follow the current UA rules for your password. Nothing else would make any sense. And the same thing happened in the USAirways-America West merger and the Delta-Northwest merger. The account number and password were based on the name that survived.
You have one flaw in your logic. In both cases, the acquiring companies management was the one in place. In this case, from the small amount of info we have, CO's management is taking over. In any situation, people like to bring things they are familiar with along, so there is a high likelihood that we'll see a number of CO items go to the new airline.
Old May 1, 2010, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fozz
You have one flaw in your logic. In both cases, the acquiring companies management was the one in place. In this case, from the small amount of info we have, CO's management is taking over. In any situation, people like to bring things they are familiar with along, so there is a high likelihood that we'll see a number of CO items go to the new airline.
I agree. We will have the UA President's Club. One would have to assume that CO will try to integrate some of its brand into the UA name. And I do hope we keep the CO website (even with bugs) - I like it much better than UAs.
Old May 1, 2010, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, CO
Will the new airline be in business 5 years from now?

If it is not, will there still be humans on the planet?

If there are, what great economic calamity will have caused such a great airline to fail?

If it was not an economic calamity, but say an asteroid instead, why does the 1 remaining living flyertalker even think about flight instead of how to get the next meal?

Most importantly...

Will this new airline be the first American airline to serve truly delicious french toast in domestic first class?
Old May 1, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
5 years down the road - the company will go into bankruptcy and re-emerge with the CO name.
Old May 1, 2010, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cova
5 years down the road - the company will go into bankruptcy and re-emerge with the CO name.
Come on...5 yrs from now the company goes into bk and is acquired by Spirit Airlines...that's how these things work...

But...

The United name is retained
Old May 1, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, CO
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
Come on...5 yrs from now the company goes into bk and is acquired by Spirit Airlines...that's how these things work...

But...

The United name is retained
I dunno, "Spirited" has a nice ring to it. Much better than "unispit"
Old May 1, 2010, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MileHighGuy
I dunno, "Spirited" has a nice ring to it. Much better than "unispit"
How about...

SpiriTed Con?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.