Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denver PC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2010, 4:14 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by cloudcuckooland
As everyone knows, the PC is just better in every way and I would like to go there instead of the RCC, if possible.
The RCCs are on the upswing right now and unless you're just after the free booze, I'd suggest the DEN RCCs are a bit nicer then the PCs.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 7:23 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
With the closing of the DEN PC - I would like to see CO open a new club elsewhere. Look how crowded the FLL PC is at an outpost.

Again - I would like to see CO and UA reopen the UA RCC at BWI. The club is still setting there (much untouched) since UA closed it about 1.5 years ago.

With CO and UA in the same gate area - I would bet that it would be busier than the DCA club - where DCA has a PC, RCC, US Club - but all in different security areas.

BWI is a growth airport - DCA and IAD have declining passengers.

(Although I might add - I do not use BWI as much as I once did. The fares have gotten higher - and I am finding that fares at BWI are as much or more than DCA).

Plus I might add that for UA - BWI is a transcon market with 2x BWI-LAX, and 1x BWI-SFO daily. With CO and UA together BWI really needs a club back at BWI. CO used to offer lounge access to an outside security club before 9/11.

Last edited by cova; Feb 20, 2010 at 7:51 am
Old Feb 20, 2010, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Billiken
According to one of the check-in agents and two different bartenders, the PClub in Denver is closing on March 15th.
--As I type this, I am in the Denver PC. It is vastly superior to the RCC. As Billiken posted, March 15 indeed will be the last day the PC is operated by CO. According to the bartender, after that UA is taking it over --maybe to be a RCC, maybe not. . . .

*SIGH*
Old Feb 20, 2010, 5:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cova
Look how crowded the FLL PC is at an outpost.
And??
With CO and UA in the same gate area - I would bet that it would be busier than the DCA club - where DCA has a PC, RCC, US Club - but all in different security areas.
The different security areas make it worthwhile for the carriers to keep the lounges open.
BWI is a growth airport - DCA and IAD have declining passengers.

(Although I might add - I do not use BWI as much as I once did. The fares have gotten higher - and I am finding that fares at BWI are as much or more than DCA).
When yields at BWI are anywhere close to those at DCA and IAD for CO and UA then you can expect to see potential for the lounge to come back. I don't think the numbers support it, even in the face of the rising fares you seem to think there are at BWI.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
And??
The different security areas make it worthwhile for the carriers to keep the lounges open.

When yields at BWI are anywhere close to those at DCA and IAD for CO and UA then you can expect to see potential for the lounge to come back. I don't think the numbers support it, even in the face of the rising fares you seem to think there are at BWI.
... and the point is that FLL is a discount location and has a very crowded PC.

... compare fares out of BWI and DCA - and I find that DCA is mostly cheaper. DCA has same fares as IAD - and with JetBlue, Virgin, new WN flights - we are getting some good fares.

BWI has established WN and the fares are not that great anymore. And BWI has significantly increasing traffic. Problem with DCA is that unless you live inside the Beltway (which is a small population compared to the outer areas) DCA is not that convenient for those outside the Beltway.

And when UA closed the BWI RCC - that was before the CO hookup. Take PHX with a UA RCC - I would bet that BWI is higher yield and more traffic than PHX.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

... and the point is that FLL is a discount location and has a very crowded PC.
And that has what to do with BWI?

And when UA closed the BWI RCC - that was before the CO hookup. Take PHX with a UA RCC - I would bet that BWI is higher yield and more traffic than PHX.
Based on what? Just a hunch? Or do you actually have any data on whic you're basing your random assertions?
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
And that has what to do with BWI?

Based on what? Just a hunch? Or do you actually have any data on whic you're basing your random assertions?
BWI and FLL are both non-hubs for CO & UA and both are considered discount destinations. Before 9/11 CO had a contract lounge for PC members at BWI and UA had a RCC.

No data - just my observation from being in an empty PHX RCC.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by J.Edward
The RCCs are on the upswing right now and unless you're just after the free booze, I'd suggest the DEN RCCs are a bit nicer then the PCs.
--Ha! For me that's on the scale of "Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat
At the Denver PC right now. Sign at the front desk announcing the Continental gates moving from A to B (with United) - specifically B16, B18, B20, B22 effective March 9th.
President's Club closing on the 15th.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by J.Edward
If the ORD B concourse RCCs are any indication of the direction UA is moving with that product, well, IMO you can keep 'em. There's not much about that decor that appeals to me... very bland and Ikea-esque.

The DEN RCCs (still a vestige of the Stephen Wolf era) are quite nice, at least in my rather limited experience due to my preference of the PC there. They are larger, offer a wider selection of snacks, and have better ramp views, but the DEN PC agents were aces. I was very pleased to hear that a CO desk will be maintained in the West RCC when CO moves across the ramp.

Also, with 4 gates slated to go to CO, that looks like an increase over CO's current three gates (A45/47/49?). Hopefully this brings about more CO service.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by EWR764
Also, with 4 gates slated to go to CO, that looks like an increase over CO's current three gates (A45/47/49?). Hopefully this brings about more CO service.
CO uses an F9 gate at night for incoming flights.

Why is CO keeping the PC open from the 9th-15th if there going to be in B at that time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.