Wiki Posts
Search

Travel to Manila

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Travel to Manila

First time traveling EWR-MNL next month. Any suggestions for best routing/airline? (Want to stay on CO or Star Alliance.) Looks like Singapore Air is the only one stop (unless I go CO & connect to Cathay Pacific or Philippine Air). An all-CO routing would be down to IAH, then a one-stop through HNL to GUM, then another switch to MNL. Saturday departure, Wednesday return. Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
If you're doing this journey in J, then the SQ option is best. EWR-SIN nonstop is long, but pretty painless in SQ J. Then it's just a quick hop to MNL from there.

If you're in Y then this option isn't available to you; you could still fly SQ (JFK-FRA-SIN-MNL).

You could also fly EWR-NRT-MNL if NH flies there?

Other two-stop options may be available if you go through BKK.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
CO Mike serves GUM-MNL. Don't know about the scheduling, but you could stay on CO metal if desired.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CX Dia, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
First time traveling EWR-MNL next month. Any suggestions for best routing/airline? (Want to stay on CO or Star Alliance.) Looks like Singapore Air is the only one stop (unless I go CO & connect to Cathay Pacific or Philippine Air). An all-CO routing would be down to IAH, then a one-stop through HNL to GUM, then another switch to MNL. Saturday departure, Wednesday return. Thanks.
I have always flown CO to HKG and then connect to MNL on CX. The problem is CO99 is late 80+% of the time and it is a tight connection that I often wind up missing. I see many unhappy customers all the time because this flight is always late. Not a problem is you're staying in HKG, but makes it almost impossible to connect. Not sure why CO doesn't make this flight a little earlier.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: CO
PR also flies HKG-MNL if you wanted to connect there, or you could connect to them in PVG too. For all CO (& CO Mike) metal it looks like the easiest way is EWR-HNL-GUM-MNL and back.

I would check CA through PEK, OZ through ICN, (they fly out of JFK though) and TG through LAX and BKK (though you could route it different if you wanted).
Old Feb 16, 2010, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Great suggestions, thanks. I am flying in J, so the Singapore routing looks like the most comfortable and safest from a reliability standpoint. Of course now, every CO flight not taken makes it harder to get to the Pres Elite level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.