Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

no premium Y esating for CO elites on US/UA????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

no premium Y esating for CO elites on US/UA????

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen
As I noted in another thread a few weeks back, I was not given any special seating consideration as a CO Plat on my AC flight from YYZ to FLL. I was actually lucky to get a seat assignment at all based on the fare I paid.
I understand that *G's dont get much in terms of Y seating perks and that *S get virtually nothing on *A airlines. that stinks, but oh well.

what i DID think, was that ALL CO elites would get treated similar to ALL elites on UA and US. just like we were on NW and DL. by similar, i thought, lounge access, priority check-in, security, Y seating and boarding. maybe priority baggage (i know we didnt get P-baggage on DL).

im currently CO silver. on my next US flight, will i get priority check-in, security, boarding and baggage, or do i have to be *G? will they make me pay to check my bag?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dlen111
I understand that *G's dont get much in terms of Y seating perks and that *S get virtually nothing on *A airlines. that stinks, but oh well.

what i DID think, was that ALL CO elites would get treated similar to ALL elites on UA and US. just like we were on NW and DL. by similar, i thought, lounge access, priority check-in, security, Y seating and boarding. maybe priority baggage (i know we didnt get P-baggage on DL).

im currently CO silver. on my next US flight, will i get priority check-in, security, boarding and baggage, or do i have to be *G? will they make me pay to check my bag?
It's my understanding at this time that product-wise, the benefits we receive when flying UA or US are limited to the standard set of *A benefits published by that alliance.

If we receive a different set of benefits later on, it remains to be seen - but as a group we should be careful what we wish for.

The relationship with NW was different than the one with Delta - but IIRC, our benefits on Delta pretty much matched our SkyTeam Elite benefits (as published by that alliance). It was only NW that gave us extra perks - and I only recall the extra perk being upgrades.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by bocastephen
It was only NW that gave us extra perks - and I only recall the extra perk being upgrades.
NW gave us upgrades, exit rows, and they'd even waived standby and SDC fees for me at times. I got more perks on NW than I did on CO as a CO Plat.

Only when DL took over did the NW tighten down on extra perks.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dlen111
what is the point of the alliance?
Shirley you can't be serious?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
To provide more carriers for UA to block redemptions on, of course.

And stop calling me Surely!
Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
no premium Y seating for UA elites on CO????

CO elites get the same premium Y seating on UA that UA elites get on CO In other words, zip--at this time. The 35 or so premium Y seats on UA A319/320 belong to UA elites and those who choose to pay the premium to sit there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.