Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Port Authority approves new Terminal A at EWR, not remodeled but a new Terminal A

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Port Authority approves new Terminal A at EWR, not remodeled but a new Terminal A

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
This is still one problem here and that is there are only 3 runways at EWR. This is nothing more for astetics. Efficiency? No improvements other than one parking garage which can done w/o a new terminal.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
I'm sure they're not including the one thing EWR needs more than almost anything else in this plan airside transit between all terminals.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 4:06 pm

A new terminal is nice, but I'd trade that in for a new runway at EWR in a New York Second!
Old Oct 24, 2009, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by johdhj
A new terminal is nice, but I'd trade that in for a new runway at EWR in a New York Second!
Until the PANYNJ gets authority to annex the turnpike I wouldn't count on that happening.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 6:02 pm

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by STT757
Background:

Here's the link to the video from the Board meeting, it doesn't start until the 8:06 mark. At 11:42 the selection of the new build vs no build or remodeling options is discussed, at 13:00 you can see the renderings of the new Terminal. It looks like the B6 Terminal at JFK only bigger.

Here's the video:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=45912240001

Looks like CO Domestic will have a new home at EWR.
The video at the link is only 9:18 total.
Is there another location?
The rendering of the new location is shown beginning at 4:59. It is s little hard to tell exactly what real estate this would be located on.

Anybody notice at 8:02 when asked who the current tennants at Terminal A, she rattled off Continental, Jet Blue, American, AMERICA WEST United, Air Canada, and then advises she is probably forgetting some? I know that she is new on the job but, sheeessh! Forgeting some is one thing. Making some up is another.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Onepass
Originally Posted by xzh445
The video at the link is only 9:18 total.
Is there another location?
The rendering of the new location is shown beginning at 4:59. It is s little hard to tell exactly what real estate this would be located on.

Anybody notice at 8:02 when asked who the current tennants at Terminal A, she rattled off Continental, Jet Blue, American, AMERICA WEST United, Air Canada, and then advises she is probably forgetting some? I know that she is new on the job but, sheeessh! Forgeting some is one thing. Making some up is another.
I noticed that too, technically she's right in that HP took over US and it's HP's management and headquarters that survived. They just changed their name.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by STT757
I noticed that too, technically she's right in that HP took over US and it's HP's management and headquarters that survived. They just changed their name.
I suppose. But since we're beng technical, both HP and US operated at Terminal A, and no flights operated under the America West logo/signage for almost 3 years.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by xzh445
I suppose. But since we're beng technical, both HP and US operated at Terminal A, and no flights operated under the America West logo/signage for almost 3 years.
But do they operate under HP codes? That may be enough to keep them on the PA's books, so to speak. Remember that operationally HP is still very much in business and flies many flights each and every day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.