Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2009 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2009 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:25 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by kevinsac
Snip . . .

And thanks, too, to the greatest FT Santa, William, who is not so secret but greatly appreciated by many folks around the world!

:-::-::-: ^^^^^ :-::-::-:
+1 ^

Originally Posted by Italy98
Last package arrived this evening via my neighbor who just returned from visiting family ^

Between the bourbon, Single Malt Scotch and the package of Viognier from the Kent Rasmussen Winery I've enough liquid to last for at least a few days

Thank you Santa
Either I've lost count, consumed too much or someone is sneaking in a very nice gift from Wine Country under the guise of SS Regardless, thank you very much for helping to fill the void in our wine fridge ^
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:21 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
No, unfortunately not at 100% yet.... I still have that goal that one year we will get to 100% I was one short last year of making that goal. I am still following up with people...

Originally Posted by GoingAway
wharvey - is everyone all set sending/receiving this year? Might we have 100% participation this time around ?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Received my third and final gift yesterday, unfortunately mailed to where I was over the holidays, not where I am now. My friend is holding onto it for me until I go back to visit, but she said there were a couple of National Geographic Traveler magazines, a Conde Nast Traveler magazine, and a crossword puzzle book. Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 4:52 pm
formerly Baxter&Bessies'Mama

frogface63, a truly Exceptional SS!!!

While all SSs are great in their own right, I really must acknowledge frogface63.

Back in December, she sent me an amazing collection of things including a Westie calendar, a Westie plaque, treats for Baxter & Bessie, treats for me...it went on and on and the gifts came for days!

My favorite part of the gift extravaganza was the book, "Fifty Places to Dive Before You Die". The photo on the cover was amazing. Unfortunately the cover was also slit.

It was a book I plan to cherish for many years, so I wanted a pristine copy. I attempted returning it to my local B&N, but they didn't have it in stock. They were willing to order it for exchange, but it wouldn't come in until Jan. I was already scheduled to be away for most of Jan.

So, I used the return form sent with the book. I marked their box to exchange due to damage and sent it back to B&N.

I then went away for Jan, looking forward to cuddling up with my book when I got home.

Of course there was no book. B&N would provide no information to me, due to the privacy of the purchaser. I finally surmised that the book had simply been returned, with a credit going to frogface63. I was mortified!

This week I wrote to frogface63, telling her my tale of embarassment, as I didn't want her to think I had just "returned" the book.

I certainly didn't expect her to replace it, but that is exactly what she has done.

Today I got a fresh, perfect copy from Amazon. (Yay, Amazon, Boo B&N!)

Seriously, I can't believe how much Jasmine (frogface63) has given to me and the Bs, but I am appreciative of her thoughtfulness and kindness most of all!

Thank you, Jasmine, you will make a wonderful Vet!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:24 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa check in.....

Head Santa got a nice surprise yesterday.... nothing like Christmas surprises in April.

I received an envelope that got forwarded to my new address in Rhode Island.

It came from Florida and when I opened it there was a card from some of my Santa Elves.... and it included two American Express Gift Cards!

I so want to thank the elves that contributed to this gift... it was so thoughtful and truly appreciated. I truly enjoy giving to this community and no thanks are necessary... but the gift is truly special.

Thank you so very much!
Old May 2, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: DL:Diamond, HH:Diamond
secret santa- i need your help

For the 2009 secret santa event one of my secret santas sent me a whole bunch of delicious food products from Arizona. Specialty dessert sauces, bbq sauce, chili mix, etc. One of them was a bottle of bbq sauce that came dressed like a man with a little hat and everything. All the info was on the cardboard man surrounding the bottle (which subsequently came off). I opened the BBQ sauce this week and it is hands down the BEST bbq sauce i have ever tasted. I really want to find out what brand it is (some speciality arizona brand i am sure) so i can order some more. I've tried searching google for 'arizona bbq sauce with hat' to no avail.

So i'm here asking my AZ secret santa of 2009 to step forward and email me the info. (I believe my account was still listed under jenniparks at the time of the event).

HALP!
Old May 2, 2011, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousFlyer
For the 2009 secret santa event one of my secret santas sent me a whole bunch of delicious food products from Arizona. Specialty dessert sauces, bbq sauce, chili mix, etc. One of them was a bottle of bbq sauce that came dressed like a man with a little hat and everything. All the info was on the cardboard man surrounding the bottle (which subsequently came off). I opened the BBQ sauce this week and it is hands down the BEST bbq sauce i have ever tasted. I really want to find out what brand it is (some speciality arizona brand i am sure) so i can order some more. I've tried searching google for 'arizona bbq sauce with hat' to no avail.

So i'm here asking my AZ secret santa of 2009 to step forward and email me the info. (I believe my account was still listed under jenniparks at the time of the event).

HALP!
Perhaps wharvey might still have his records and could PM your Arizona Secret Santa and ask them the question for you?

Or, if your Secret Santa reads this, and still doesn't want to reveal themself, they can PM wharvey and ask him to forward the brand and such?
Old May 3, 2011, 5:49 am

good idea, thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:13 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by missydarlin
I have been fighting a nasty cold and havent left my apartment since Friday afternoon. I opened my door this morning and found a package waiting for me

In it were all sorts of yummy pepper based goodies and some fun kitchen tools! I FREAKING LOVE KITCHEN STUFF!!

Anyhoo.. I got some smoked paprika, green chile sauce, raspberry habanero jam, chile cinnamon chocolate sauce, a cute porcupine shaped scrubby brush, a pot clip, some egg poaching pods (I've never poached an egg, but now I'm going to try!), and candy!!

Thank you Secret Santa!!
I realize this is an old thread to resurrect, but I joined Weight Watchers a couple weeks ago, and the egg poaching pods have been getting a LOT of use! Thanks again!!
Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:04 pm

HALP!
Wow, because I was curious to see what Missy had to say about SS 2009, I read her post. Then somehow my eyes caught "bbq", even though I did not recognize your new nic. Of course I did not know the name of sauce, I had to wait until I was in PHX today to go the store where I had purchased it (AJ's).

http://www.asskickin.com/generalsauces.php

Then I logged in here to find a message from Santa himself asking for my assistance.

So the elves really worked overtime to bring Whoop ... BBQ sauce to you!

If you need for me to ship anything directly to you, I'd be happy to do so. IIRC, you also found one of the crunchy snacks to be addictive, so perhaps you need the full spread of AZ fare.

I'm really delighted that you were pleased!

Thanks to Santa for keeping great records and to Missy for popping up at the right moment! Life is a funny place to be.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:57 am

christmas comes early this year for flirtatious flyers :)

YOU ARE AWESOME! I can't believe we managed to connect! Yay! Oh man i totally forgot about those crunchy yummy things until you mentioned them just now. ^ Thanks for making my Friday. Last Fri I went on a MR to Tokyo for the weekend and that was good, but this is even better. heehee.

Anytime you want an extra recipient for Christmas you just send those crunchy things my way. I'll have to order the bbq sauce online now that you've given me the link.

many many thanks again!

Originally Posted by Baxter&Bessies'Mama
Wow, because I was curious to see what Missy had to say about SS 2009, I read her post. Then somehow my eyes caught "bbq", even though I did not recognize your new nic. Of course I did not know the name of sauce, I had to wait until I was in PHX today to go the store where I had purchased it (AJ's).

Then I logged in here to find a message from Santa himself asking for my assistance.

If you need for me to ship anything directly to you, I'd be happy to do so. IIRC, you also found one of the crunchy snacks to be addictive, so perhaps you need the full spread of AZ fare.

Thanks to Santa for keeping great records and to Missy for popping up at the right moment! Life is a funny place to be.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:59 am

3 bottles

update: i just ordered 3 bottles.

Originally Posted by Baxter&Bessies'Mama

Old Aug 5, 2011, 1:15 pm

update: i just ordered 3 bottles.
The battered AZ economy appreciates your support!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.