Wiki Posts
Search

Rest in Peace to our friend TravelWeary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2009, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
One of the first and few FTers I met (back in 2000/1) at the NW WC in SEA.

My condolences to Michael.

RIP Paula
Yeah, me too. I'm sorry to hear for loss of his wife Paula is passed away. My condolences to her family. I am never met her before. So what is her diagnosis? How you can figured out where I need to know about her diseases.

Goodspeed to Paula. May to be rest in the peace forever.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 3:00 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yeah, me too. I'm sorry to hear for loss of his wife Paula is passed away. My condolences to her family. I am never met her before. So what is her diagnosis? How you can figured out where I need to know about her diseases.

Goodspeed to Paula. May to be rest in the peace forever.
If you follow this link (http://picasaweb.google.com/fischermpg/PaulaInMemoryOf#) the last image lower right will answer your question.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I am so sorry to hear this. Like others I met Paula at Sea-Do. What a wonderful person, and she will be missed. My best to Michael.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Italy98
If you follow this link (http://picasaweb.google.com/fischermpg/PaulaInMemoryOf#) the last image lower right will answer your question.
Thanks! I just found it. I didn't realize know that. That's why she have her ovarian cancer but, she was undergoing with her diagnosis all of her life. That's why where Paula is passed away from last year in 2008. She did not have check with her MRI scans. So I think the doctor didn't know what happens to her. So sorry to hear loss of Paula.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Oh so so sad. I had some great PM message banter with Paula as she was a fellow maphead.

May she rest in peace.

Missy, I appreciate you passing this information on.

lala
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:08 pm

Missy, thanks for the call. After we hung up I spent some time thinking about the times spent with Paula & Michael, the last of which was a lunch
you & I had with them at Pike Place Market a couple years ago.

God Bless you Paula...you were a very special person who will remain in our hearts for a long time.

Michael, I'm sure you know how we all feel about you & your soulmate. Take solace in the fact we will NOT forget those special times spent together. Thank you for sharing the photos here.

All the best,
Pete
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:28 pm
Commander Catcop

My condolences to for Michael and Karen and your family on the loss of Paula/Travel Weary.

I have not seen Paula and Michael in several years but I remember when I came to Seattle a few times they were welcoming and kind.

Take care.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I am so so sorry to hear this news. I first met Paula (and Michael and Karen) years ago in a little town - Patagonia, Arizona, not far from the Mexican border. Karen was living there at the time. We had a fun evening at the Velvet Elvis Pizza Co.

Later, we enjoyed a Cubs game at Wrigley Field (as is alluded to above, she was a great baseball fan). I also treated her to her first Italian beef sandwich in Chicago - which she raved about for years.

She was one delightful and special lady and she will be greatly missed. My condolences to Michael and all of her family.

Missy, if and when you get word on the memorial service to be held later, please pass it on.

Last edited by ILuvParis; Feb 19, 2009 at 11:00 pm
Old Feb 20, 2009, 4:58 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Very, very sad news. My condolences to her family.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:18 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I'm very sorry to hear about Paula's passing, also having met and socialized with her and Michael many times at SEA-DO. She was always a joy to talk with and I'm going to miss her.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
My condolences to Michael and Karen on Paula's passing. Paula was always a bright spot at do's.
Thanks, Missy, for the phone call.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: airline independent; HHonors Diamond/Marriott Titanium
I am deeply saddened to here this. Paula and Michael were two of the first FTers I met at my first Sea-Doo, which was one of the first few DOs I attended once I became social with FT. My condolences to Michael and family.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Way too young. Having met Paula and Michael a number of times I pass along my condonlences to Michael and the rest of the family.

May she rest in peace and "travel" to marvelous places.

Janet
Old Feb 24, 2009, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
RIP Paula.

I remember a few white wine and bubbly sessions with Paula and Michael in past years, and one VERY long one in our YVR hotel room as I recall.

In both SEA and YVR IIRC, and Michael so sad to read here of your loss. A beautiful photo album .. thanks for sharing it.

RIP Paula - Only The Good Die Young.

Glen and Margo

Last edited by chrissxb; Feb 27, 2009 at 2:37 pm
Old Feb 24, 2009, 11:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member

Hoisting a (virtual) microbrew tonight in remembrance of one of FT's classiest ladies. {{{Michael}}}

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.