Wiki Posts
Search

The 2009 DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2009, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by whlinder

It's on my radar though not sure if we'll be able to make it. Would also have to scrounge up a baby sitter.
Will - kokonutz does baby sitting for $2 an hour. As long as the babies state they are least 18 - and are female.

Hope you and Lisa can get there. ^

I have plenty of sleeping tablets with me for this mad week. We can just slip a few to Junior in the 60 proof Vodka I am bringing, and you'll be off the hook for hours. Even days.

Doctor Spock has nothing on me re liberated New Age child rearing.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: * A
if anyone needs a ride from the reston sheraton/westin, please PM me for Sunday evening, I can try to pick up 3 fresh FT'ers from the sheraton/westin
Old Apr 2, 2009, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
I'm holding a reservation for a party of 14 on Sunday, April 5, at 6:30 pm at Clyde's at Reston. More details in the first post in this thread. The reservation is under the name Greg Davis.

Hope to see everyone there.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
I'm holding a reservation for a party of 14 on Sunday, April 5, at 6:30 pm at Clyde's at Reston. More details in the first post in this thread. The reservation is under the name Greg Davis.

Looking forward to it, I will be there at 6:30
Old Apr 3, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus - 2P
Originally Posted by gvdIAD

I will try to attend - is a definite RSVP needed, and if so, by what time? I have only been to one other GTG and it was a few years ago.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Wirelessly posted (goingaway's phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

RSVP is not required for DC HHs (unless noted) but always appreciated. What is GTG by the way?

What
Old Apr 3, 2009, 4:14 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Wirelessly posted (goingaway's phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

RSVP is not required for DC HHs (unless noted) but always appreciated. What is GTG by the way?

What
Get-to-gether
Old Apr 5, 2009, 7:17 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by monitor
If you do in fact get to take that shower, we will come and get you. You have the cell numbers so just call.
Or you could all get close and personal in my trusty Dodge Calibre I'm driving from DC so seems a waste to have 2 "designated drivers" ...
Old Apr 5, 2009, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Looking forward to dinner tonight
Old Apr 5, 2009, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
FYI for anyone coming from downtown DC or Arlington: traffic is awful. It just took me about 1 hour to drive to Pentagon City from IAD. The cherry blossom peepers are out in full force and traffic is creeping along both out of and into DC. I'm allowing extra time, so hope to be there close to 6:30 pm.

I reconfirmed the reservation this afternoon, so the restaurant is holding our table. See everyone soon.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 2:59 pm
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
I guess I'll head out to Reston a bit earlier than planned.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 3:04 pm

We will be there but will also have miniLinder in tow (sorry in advance) so we'll probably grab a couple of beers and head out.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JUSt got in from Moscow after TWO FREAKING HOURS lining up at immigration. Appalling.

If anyone sees this and can swing by and give me a ride .. I'm at room 696 Sheraton Reston .. name Stephens . phone here is 703 620 9000
Old Apr 6, 2009, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for organising this so well gvdIAD, and thanks to the 13 that turned up, and made it out to Clyde's Reston.

The Half Price bottles of wine on Sunday's was QUITE a steal!

Great night, and chrisw and noirpepper and I are catching up for lunch today around the Reston area if anyone else is about. @:-)

And thanks for noirpepper for the ride back.

We seem to have a few likely starters for the Moscow flights -- more info on that here .

Last edited by ozstamps; Apr 6, 2009 at 4:44 am
Old Apr 6, 2009, 4:58 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Marriott Premier
Apr 5 Happy Hour

Group,
My apologies! I completely forgot about the date! I've been finishing the basement work out room and was laying trim and never looked at the calendar. Sorry to have missed all of you but look forward to the next time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.