Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

LAST CHANCE: Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Fly Free To Amsterdam?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAST CHANCE: Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Fly Free To Amsterdam?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Reply 1501?

Happily I visited SIN Duty Free and can now post some info to DiningBuzz about a variety of single-malts.

There is a bright red, highly decorated vodka on sale here, which I'd recommend to anyone transiting through.

Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:12 am

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Roger
I wish we had it in the UK, whatever it is.

Some of us would like the Church to be disestablished from the State, a situation already existing in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antidis...shmentarianism
Their is not seperation of Church and State in the US. We just have so many folks that say it is so that everyone thinks it is so. The US Constitution just states that Congress can not establish a State church, but leaves silent to the respective states to do so. Many states had a State church.

However, I understand what you are saying and we do not have a state Church such as you do. That is a part of your tradition though.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:14 am

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Cops nab "Ninja" vigilantes
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Last updated: Wednesday August 20, 2008, EDT 5:00 PM
BY ALBINA SPORTELLI
CLIFTON JOURNAL

Two “modern day Ninjas” calling themselves Shinobi Warriors on a quest to rid the area of drug users and drug dealers have been put out of business by police.

Officer before dawn yesterday approached a car parked in the left lane of Route 46 east and found two Clifton men dressed in black claiming to be Ninjas.

The men were wearing tactical vests and armed with knives in sheaths at their waists along with Ninja throwing knives, Chinese throwing stars, four-pointed tacks, swords, bows and arrows and nunchucks, said Detective Capt. Robert Rowan.

Jesse Trojaniak, 19, and Tadieusz Tertkiewicz, 20, told police they were “modern day Ninjas” also called Shinobi Warriors on their way to deliver warning letters to known drug dealers and drug users to stop their “impure” activities.

They told police they planned to leave the letters on the front doors of these individuals they had singled out.

Their weapons, Rowan said, were to be a precaution in case they were confronted by the drug dealers.

The officers located five envelopes decorated with red Chinese designs containing the letters to be delivered. Reports show the two men had already delivered one such letter to Tertkiewicz’ 16-year-old ex-girlfriend in Clifton. Police contacted the teen and her mother and alerted them to the situation. Tertkiewicz was charged with harassment, both were charged with weapons possession.

The letters warned drug users and drug dealers that the “Shinobi will stop your cruel and sadistic intentions with justified yet, merciful force.”

In the letter, the two men accused drug dealers and users of having “committed sin of passing impurity” to others and that the “wind guides us to those of impure heart and intent.”

Rowan said police are not sure how many such letters were delivered or where they found the names of users and dealers. Rowan said the two seem to be very interested in Martial arts and appear to be working alone.

“Their intentions may have been good, but we tell everyone that they shouldn’t take the law into their own hands because it will cause more problems for everyone in the longrun,” Rowan said.

Rowan praised the two police officers, Steven Farrell and Robert Suhey for “doing an excellent job and putting an end to this mis-guided quest.”

Trojaniak was released on a summons and Tertkiewicz is in the Passaic County Jail on $20,000 bail.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:15 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Continental Platinum
Throwing my name in the mix...I love Amsterdam!
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Ctrix65513
im feeling lucky
How does lucky feel about this?
Originally Posted by USFreak
I saw a sign in backwoods Pennsylvania yesterday that said: "Mastectomy Supplies for Sale"
What a horrifying thing to put out in public.....
Here's my favorite sign from the Univ. of Chicago. There is a beautiful carved stone gargoyle hovering about 40 feet above it.

Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
How does lucky feel about this?

Here's my favorite sign from the Univ. of Chicago. There is a beautiful carved stone gargoyle hovering about 40 feet above it.
Grey's Anatomy
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:22 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Is it rude to post 500 single-word posts here?
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:24 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by AvalancheZ71
I early voted, so I guess no free Starbucks for me.
I am pretty sure all you have to do is *say* you voted!

-Brian
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by masonp123
Travelling to DC next week. Gonna stay in the L'enfant Plaza Hotel. What is a "L'enfant"?
The baby?
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by stevekstevek
Is it rude to post 500 single-word posts here?
IMO, yes, but then it's not 'my' forum or IBB. Then again, nothing is written in stone and it is likely a matter of time before the rules get more restrictive.

Then again, YMMV.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by briantoronto
I am pretty sure all you have to do is *say* you voted!

-Brian
And, if you're like the rest of us, there's 5 starbucks within a 5 min radius of where you work. Of course, since the lines will probably be longer than your voting lines, that will thwart getting free coffee at each one.

Especially since, you know, coffee is a diuretic, and it might be hard to keep waiting on line
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by BiziBB
IMO, yes, but then it's not 'my' forum or IBB. Then again, nothing is written in stone and it is likely a matter of time before the rules get more restrictive.

Then again, YMMV.
Hmm, then writing a little script to keep posting random dictionary words would definitely be rude, eh?

The rules should exclude multiple postings from netting multiple chances..
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:29 am

I will really would love to go to Amsterdam.
Post #1513...adding some fatalism
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:31 am

Programs: All of the above
Our 35th wedding anniversary in Amsterdam!!!! Yes
Old Nov 4, 2008, 6:32 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
A december trip to/from NYC would be a great tour. A good time to buy x-mas presents with my girlfriend.

Br,
HerrO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.