Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

LAST CHANCE: Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Fly Free To Amsterdam?

Old Nov 3, 2008, 2:56 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

THE WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED HERE:
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....ostcount=67011

As many of you know, earlier this year we had a great time rewarding feedback from our members by awarding two free Prem+ (business class-style) tickets on the new OpenSkies airline between New York and either Paris or Amsterdam to 10 weekly selected members. Read all about that here. In all, nearly 3,000 members sent in their feedback for consideration and the feedback was extremely helpful as we celebrate the 10th anniversary of FlyerTalk this year.

As the founder of FlyerTalk, there is nothing I like better than to keep giving back to FlyerTalk. One of the selected members, mikeef, had some challenges setting the time aside to fly off to Amsterdam (we all know that feeling when almost every weekend is booked!) and in the great spirit of FlyerTalk has instructed me "... to re-enter them into a contest of your choosing so that someone can put them to good use. I'd be thrilled if a FTer could use them in any capacity."

What a great fellow member of FlyerTalk to give you all another chance.

Rather then seek additional feedback, we're just going to start this new thread allowing any member interested in this LAST CHANCE pair of business class-style tickets to/from New York and Amsterdam to post their entry and may the luckiest member win.

RULES:
There are none. Members can enter as many times as they want by posting below before 12:00 p.m. Thursday, November 13, 2008 (the usual Web site (Mountain) Time). We want this pair of tickets to go to yet another enthusiastic member of FlyerTalk, so let the posting begin.

Remember, all you have to do to be eligible for this last pair of OpenSkies tickets is to post something – anything, even a single word - into this thread and I will choose a member at large. Obviously the more times you post, the greater the chances are I'll see your name and select you

Only one caveat, if you are selected you must complete your travel to/from New York and Amsterdam by Dec. 15, 2008. We just got an emergency extension on this date to make sure these tickets don't go unused, so do not enter unless you know you have the flexibility to fly off before then. If flying to Amsterdam, you'll be able to enjoy this great city or can even choose to fly beyond, into other hearts of Europe. And likewise, if flying off to the U.S., we welcome you to cities of your choice, but truly New York at Christmas!!! Fabulous.

Wondering about OpenSkies? Click Here.

Good luck and again, thanks for all the great feedback about FlyerTalk and thanks OpenSkies for being a fabulous partner in all this.

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Nov 13, 2008 at 3:30 pm
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
^ thanks for this Randy.

I don't suppose we mods get to cheat by deleting all other posts but our own?
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
I think we can have fun with this by guessing how many posts this thread will have before it closes on 11/13.

I'm guessing 3,000.

(BTW, Randy, your offer is VERY generous and appreciated! But I won't be able to make the trip so please don't count this as an entry.)
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Thanks, Randy!

Pick me, pick me!!!
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:07 pm

Another competition - thanks Randy! Fingers crossed
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:13 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

Cholula? 3,000? When our friends from OMNi discover this and realize they can enter as many times as they want and have their posts count, I'm guessing at least one of the participants alone may have 3,000 posts! (we just could not figure out how to limit one per entry and I'm thinking I did not need more PMs or email!!!!)

Originally Posted by Cholula
I think we can have fun with this by guessing how many posts this thread will have before it closes on 11/13.

I'm guessing 3,000.)
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:14 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
I've always wanted to be

The Next FlyerTalk Member To Fly Free To Amsterdam.

Thanks for all the offers. ^
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, FB Gold
Very new member i know, but I could really use (yes use) a weekend in new york. Going in business class would be a plus and an amazing first time experience to go in anything other than Y on a transatlantic.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
When our friends from OMNi discover this and realize they can enter as many times as they want and have their posts count, I'm guessing at least one of the participants alone may have 3,000 posts!

Whoops. Didn't factor the "inflate your post count" issue into the equation.

You're right. We might have some members who rack up 3K posts.

Let's make the guess 60,000 posts.

Last edited by Cholula; Nov 4, 2008 at 8:08 pm Reason: Updating my estimate.......
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Gold, Fairmont PC Gold, IC Gold
I want to experience the "magic" of the red light district!
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:20 pm

Would love to take my wife to AMS - shes never been there.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
This post counts! This post counts!
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Post as many times as I want, you say?
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm winning!
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:28 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Post as many times as I want, you say?
Why would you want to do that?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.