FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Dinner with Captain Flanagan in Denver on August 28! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/855045-dinner-captain-flanagan-denver-august-28-a.html)

coachrowsey Aug 29, 2008 8:49 am

Great pics. Wish I could've made it.

dimramon Aug 29, 2008 9:42 am

Originally Posted by FortFun (Post 10277971)
Another excellent Do! Thanks to all for making a latecomer feel welcome, it was a lot of fun.

Hmmm... that's not the impression we wanted to give you!

j/k

pseudoswede Aug 29, 2008 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Where2next? (Post 10277951)
^Many thanks to Randy, Capt. Flanagan and all involved for a very enjoyable evening. Dinner was amazing and the company superb! I can't believe nearly 5 hours went by with no lull in the conversation. Will post some pics tomorrow.

Randy is the most gracious and generous host, and a wonderful person to meet. He made everyone feel welcome, and made a point to talk with everyone personally. Randy expressed gratitude to Captain Flanagan for all he does for his travelling guests.

Captain Flanagan regaled us with interesting stories that show how much he cares about people. His simple acts of kindness go the extra mile for United customers and set an excellent example to follow. It was truly a pleasure to see you again.

I couldn't have said it better. The time flew by, and I don't think I had a chance to talk with half the group. It was a pleasure meeting everyone!

lucky9876coins Aug 29, 2008 10:01 am

Originally Posted by jackal (Post 10278362)
Well...if so many of you were locals, and if Capt. Flanagan flies more than occasionally to DEN, maybe it's possible to do a re-do! :D

Captain Flanagan is a perfectionist, he does things right the first time around.:p

dimramon Aug 29, 2008 10:10 am

I added some pictures on flickr @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/30026744@N06/

This is my first flickr experiment and I still need to add comments.

I also wanted to say that I had a lot of fun at my first DO. Thanks to Randy for hosting this and to Capt Flanagan for the gifts and the entertainment.

lucky9876coins Aug 29, 2008 10:19 am

Great pictures dimramon, thanks for sharing!^

chitownflyer Aug 29, 2008 11:09 am

I wish to thank Randy for organizing such a great event with wonderful hospitality and an excellent dining experience. This was a true treat.:D

PlusOne Aug 29, 2008 11:49 am

I too would like to add a big Thank You! to Capt. Flanagan for his time, insights and contagious positive attitude and to Randy for hosting this great event and for his warm fellowship and great stories of how it all started.

I also enjoyed meeting our neighbor FlyerTalker's. Who knew there were so many of us with similar, and sometimes considered odd by our friends, travel habits in the Denver area. Time really flew by fast and I regret not getting a chance to touch base with everyone. I believe a great time was had by all, and I look forward to the next DO.

I have posted my pictures here.

heffa Aug 29, 2008 1:47 pm

Great pictures dimramon and PlusOne!!!

PlusOne and Where2Next -- see you on UA1617 in a couple of minutes :D

husker267 Aug 29, 2008 4:12 pm

I have to agree with everyone. Many thanks to Randy, Captain Denny, and all the other Flyertalkers that made this a wondeful experience. Now if only I can convince my wife that we need to attend a DO somewhere with a beach.

heffa Aug 29, 2008 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by husker267 (Post 10281781)
I have to agree with everyone. Many thanks to Randy, Captain Denny, and all the other Flyertalkers that made this a wondeful experience. Now if only I can convince my wife that we need to attend a DO somewhere with a beach.

I'm sure you can book a beach vacation without a FlyerTalk Do excuse. :D Anyhow, it was nice to meet you!

tommy777 Aug 30, 2008 10:07 am

A huge thanks to everyone who came to honor our friend Cpt. Flanagan.

Thank you for the gifts and for taking the time to meet us, Captain :)

And as always, thank you, Randy for treating us to another great event.

I had a great time, I'm sorry I had to leave early...

kents Dec 19, 2008 12:41 am

I am really dissapointed that I missed this. My family flew with Capt Flanagan on a vacation, and his personal touch made a big difference.

...Next time, and I'm sure that our paths will cross again.