FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Dinner with Captain Flanagan in Denver on August 28! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/855045-dinner-captain-flanagan-denver-august-28-a.html)

lucky9876coins Aug 13, 2008 1:35 am

Dinner with Captain Flanagan in Denver on August 28!

That's right, the one and only Captain Flanagan will be in Denver on a layover for 24 hours on August 28, and would love to have dinner with FlyerTalkers. I'm sure almost everyone, at least those familiar with UA, know who I'm talking about. If you don't, check out this thread.

Dinner will be at 6:30PM at Cool River. Please see this post for more details.

So, who's interested in having dinner with the Captain on the 28th?:)

Likely attending:
Bonehead
Captain Flanagan
chitownflyer
denverhockeyguy
DIAFlyer +1
dimramon
FortFun
heffa
husker267
OHNOMRBILL
Peakview
PlusOne
pseudoswede
Randy Petersen
tommy777
Where2next?

FortFun Aug 13, 2008 1:48 am

Sounds like fun! ^ ^

The earliest I could be down there is likely 8 or 8:30 (assuming at least pseudo-normal traffic patterns), but I'm happy to show up late as well if things start before that.

Being on Thursday that will be the biggest convention day (nomination acceptance), so might be a bit of a wild ride. But at least they'll be over at Invesco by then. :D

boxo Aug 13, 2008 2:02 am

Oh man! Off to check DEN availability...

Ewww, ~$300 from SJC. :(

alliance Aug 13, 2008 2:58 am

If you think finding a table will be hard try finding a hotel room.

UAPremierGuy Aug 13, 2008 3:40 am

LOL, as a ASE/IAD based flyer, I'd love to attend. Given this is the busy Labor Day weekend, any chance he'd be in DEN longer/ a different day? He resembles why I stick with UA -- safe, and experienced captains. Not to mention customer-service oriented.

Benny8444 Aug 13, 2008 6:03 am

I would love to go but I will be in LA

It looks like a cool dinner though

Where2next? Aug 13, 2008 7:10 am

Downtown Denver on a summer evening is great, but with the DNC in town, that may be tough.

Let's see who will be able to make it and we'll choose a locale next week:)

iluv2fly Aug 13, 2008 7:17 am

Cool. I'll be in DEN for the convention (and I even have a hotel ;) ) so if my "political" activities don't get in the way, I shall certainly be there.

NB: This is no way implies as to what my political affiliation is as I do go to both conventions. So quit rolling your eyes...

meducate Aug 13, 2008 8:06 am

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 10194603)
Cool. I'll be in DEN for the convention (and I even have a hotel ;) ) so if my "political" activities don't get in the way, I shall certainly be there.

NB: This is no way implies as to what my political affiliation is as I do go to both conventions. So quit rolling your eyes...

How democratic of you :p

notquiteaff Aug 13, 2008 8:21 am

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 10194603)

Joe Lieberman is on FT? :D

Anyway, while I'd love to attend, a Thursday and right before labor day unfortunately isn't going to work. :( I trust that someone (Lucky?) will post a report.

hobo13 Aug 13, 2008 8:38 am

Dangit, I don't get into DEN until Friday evening..... but at least the donkey's should be packing up by then! :)

PanHam Aug 13, 2008 8:39 am

I would be very interested . . . .

Pat89339 Aug 13, 2008 8:42 am

I'd love to have dinner with the Captain, but the date doesn't work for me. :(

lucky9876coins Aug 13, 2008 9:36 am

To be perfectly clear, I won't be able to attend the dinner, I'm just semi-setting it up. Where2next? is the go to person on this one for suggestions, since she's the local and the one that's actually going to be there.

That being said, for those that miss one, there's a chance (a chance, no guarantee;)) that there might be another opportunity with the Captain in September.

iluv2fly, let me guess, someone's dragging you again this year?:p

PanHam, you're interested as in will be looking for fares, or are in town anyway?

Shall I add both of ya to the "likely" list?:)

PanHam Aug 13, 2008 3:27 pm

Lookin' fo' fares. Oh yeah.