Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

OpenSkies Do (first Do that includes free travel)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OpenSkies Do (first Do that includes free travel)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2008, 9:01 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Did I miss reading how winners will be notified today? PM? Email?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by cova
Randy knows and has met on several occassions many of the people on this board. We are not a group of "not previously know individuals".
Is this contest open only to people who have met Randy?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 9:38 am

Programs: Auto shop by CHO Frequent Oil Changer; Kayak Incognito Mode Platinum
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Did I miss reading how winners will be notified today? PM? Email?
I didn't see anything on that either, nor a time other than "after 12PM MT". Kinda hoping that, on the off chance I win, notification comes earlier rather than later, as I'd still need to secure time off.

Also would have to figure out hotel stuff. Wonder if you can hop the shuttle for the Novotel Orly-Rungis and walk to the Formule 1 down the street?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Is this contest open only to people who have met Randy?
no - rqmts are in the announcement post
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:13 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VT_hawkeye
I didn't see anything on that either, nor a time other than "after 12PM MT". Kinda hoping that, on the off chance I win, notification comes earlier rather than later, as I'd still need to secure time off.
I guess I'm tethered to computer this afternoon then. I had planned to spend this gorgeous day out and about.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:54 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by Pat89339
I guess I'm tethered to computer this afternoon then. I had planned to spend this gorgeous day out and about.
im the same way, bit hot out but im a waiting. looking at fares to get to jfk, i think its cheaper for me to fly to cdg from fat then try to connect to jfk to get this free flight, that is, if i win
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:00 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
La Maison, Angelina, Mariage Freres..... :sigh:
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by missydarlin
La Maison, Angelina, Mariage Freres..... :sigh:
oh well all those desserts. lets not forget about a great dinner to start. tour d'argent, taillevent, or alain ducasse
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:21 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
I took a quick look and could still book 2 nights at the Hilton Orly on HHonors.com with no Diamond force. (Cat 4, 60,000 points for the weekend)
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DeltaMM
I sure hope I get picked - my husband will be on a business trip and my kids are at camp, so I was trying to figure out where to go. This would make the decision so easy!!! I'm waiting...
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, US Airways Silver, SAA Blue, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by dhammer53
I ran into Randy tonight at the *wood aloft party in Hawthorne NY and asked him this question.

Randy says... this is a tax free trip. @:-)
He went on to discuss that this was a freebee that he was passing along to 20 of his closest friends. He went on to say, that if anyone somehow got 'stuck' for the taxes, he'd shell out the dough. ^

dh
Originally Posted by GoingAway
no - rqmts are in the announcement post
so... all FT members could enter... but only Randy's 20 closest friends stand a chance of winning.... so why bother telling all of us about the promotion since those of us who don't know Randy obviously don't stand a chance?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:42 pm
KLC
In Memoriam

I thought "closest friends" was just Flyertalk parlance for all of our community acquaintances. I know it's how I describe the folks I'll see at a Do to my family and other friends. Often, the phrase is "my xx closest friends whose names I don't know!"
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
But you do know our names! I'm Mr. Mpls, Ms. "C".

This is when I wish I'd actually registered WifeMpls, so she'd also have a chance at this. I guess she's going to be sitting down with my computer this weekend.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yandr
so... all FT members could enter... but only Randy's 20 closest friends stand a chance of winning.... so why bother telling all of us about the promotion since those of us who don't know Randy obviously don't stand a chance?
I would like to think the issue is the imprecision of the transcription of the conversation and interpretation of the written word, not a "wired" selection process.

That is, I would like to think the "20 closest friends" statement was made with a major wink of the eye to indicate that if he was ever asked by the IRS he would take the position that any subscriber to FT is one of his "closest friends".
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DeltaMM
I'm with you Mike - that's the first thing I thought of too... why didn't I register Mr. krobbins???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.