Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

In retrospect, is your FT name a mistake?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In retrospect, is your FT name a mistake?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2008, 9:08 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
i have no intention of changing my actual name, so my FT handle is safe...i do wish i chose a really subtle name though, like ILOVETOEARNLOTSOFMILES or something like that.
Old May 4, 2008, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Not a mistake, but my loss of N-R status (and carrier-specific insights) was the reason I joined FT in the first place - and it's virtually a non-factor now
Old May 4, 2008, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
How could I possibly be anything else?
Old May 4, 2008, 10:18 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Jailer
Actually, my wife's playing Mah Jong with seven other ladies downstairs....not so much about time, it's about hiding out, although I do have some house-boy duties like moving tables and making coffee.

But speaking of you, when I posted this I was thinking of calling you out as I was particularly wondering, is it still newself? When does it become venerable self?

p.s., did you make the LBGP this year?
It is about time to change my handle to oldself.

No, missed the LBGP this year, didn't feel like it this year. I can't party for 3 straight days like I used to.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm still happy with my handle, despite being continually blamed for aviation incidents.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:39 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Can FTers unhappy with their FT name change it???

I am happy with my FT name, but wonder if FTers can change their FT name, and still retain their "history" at FT?
Old May 4, 2008, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
I am happy with my FT name, but wonder if FTers can change their FT name, and still retain their "history" at FT?
Best to ask letiole (oops, L'etoile)! That window of opportunity for minor changes has long gone, methinks.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BiziBB
Best to ask letiole (oops, L'etoile)! That window of opportunity for minor changes has long gone, methinks.
I think you are still allowed one change. A small number of people have done so.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:48 pm

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
I typed my handle in hastily, and though I think it's relatively memorable, I hate when people think I'm a guy, because of the boy.

And just for the record, newself is still as handsome as a new-self, and I think we established in PHX that _I_ am Spartacus.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by BoyAreMyArmsTired
I typed my handle in hastily, and though I think it's relatively memorable, I hate when people think I'm a guy, because of the boy.

And just for the record, newself is still as handsome as a new-self, and I think we established in PHX that _I_ am Spartacus.
I love your handle.
Have you had many 'hot tub bonus plan' enquiries? Your handle and that offer may have unexpected consquences.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:52 pm

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
Originally Posted by BiziBB
I love your handle.
Have you had many 'hot tub bonus plan' enquiries? Your handle and that offer may have unexpected consquences.
I have several inquiries about the hot tub thing. It's a long story that came from my very first FT do and it requires alcohol and visual aids to be told properly.
Old May 4, 2008, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I have been called Punki since I was a baby, so it never occurred to me to sign up with any other name.
Old May 4, 2008, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Silver
I'm begining to regret my choice. JerseyGirl was taken already, so I went with the place I'm in now. arizonajerseygirl seemed funny, so I went with the desery I'm in. But, I'll be moving from the Sonoran desert to the Arabian desert. I should have just called myself desertjerseygirl, cause the jersey girl part will always be true.
Old May 5, 2008, 1:08 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
I guess I never really thought about what would happen when I moved.....
Old May 5, 2008, 1:12 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BoyAreMyArmsTired

And who do you have to thank for leading you to this addiction? Hmmm?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.