Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC: Holiday Soup DO with the SanDiego1K's: Friday, Dec 21

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2007, 8:02 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
You're going to Mister Softee?! I am sooo jealous. Unfortunately, I'll be on my way to NZ on this day. . .Catman is the consummate host and the SanDiego1Ks are an absolute delight.

And dhammer well there aren't words. . . Have a bowl of soup for me and then the Mister Softee!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 8:26 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Would love to be there!

Still too far away, but please put me down as a may be. Have never been to NYC during holiday season, hopefully I could make this one.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 8:37 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Well. I think we have the early making of a legendary Soup Do:

*Dugernaut... Consider yourself CONFIRMED for yoru first FT event. This is a good taste of what Flyertalk and Flyertalkers are about (flavored wtih soup of your choice.)

*belle... I"ll go ask Santa and his assistant The Kitty Santa to find a way to bring you (and your husband if you wish) to a Holiday Soup Do. Your presence will add sparkle and magic to the event.

*Idsant... Everytime I have a Mister Softee Pineapple Sundae I toast you with my plastic spoon. When you are back in NYC... let me know. I think someone should do a special Idsant event for you!

Oh the list is updated.

Going off topic... dhammer... are you doing anything at vlaska's (SP?) the Polish diner in the future? Don't you do an "annual" lunch or brunch there I think in December? I hope this doesn't cancel that.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 10:59 am

Programs: DL, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont
I will be thinking of everyone and wishing I could be there.

It is a week too early for me. I will be in NYC Dec 25-Jan 1. If anyone is available that week, it would be great to meet. dawn
Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Please add me to the list. It's penciled in.. looking like I will stay in NYC over xmas!
Old Sep 9, 2007, 8:22 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

List has been updated.

izzik... Welcome back!!! think you have been through the SOup Do fun before.

Abelscc... I don't know what my plans until December but if something opens up I'd like to hook up again. We will toast you.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 9:19 am
cpx

Programs: Many
last one was great...and I'd love to join for another.

please put me in as interested.

thanks
Old Sep 14, 2007, 9:55 am

La Bonne Soupe is one of my favorite French bistros in Manhattan (I usually go there once in the winter...). If soup is not what your looking for, try the steak au poivre, it's fantastic.

I probably won't be able to make it was I'm flying out to either LIS or EZE that afternoon/evening. Enjoy the DO!
Old Sep 14, 2007, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Please put me down as a maybe (and likely a late one if I do get into NY that weekend)
Old Sep 14, 2007, 9:12 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

List has been updated...

cpx... glad you enjoyed it and I hope you can make a two pete for soup.

Going Away... we always have a few people show up late... I have a feeling we will be there for awhile!

gsforfree... glad you enjoy La Bonne Soupe. We host several Flyertalk events there a year including the annual SOUP DO (next year's I think is #5 which is dovetailed/the night before the Brooklyn Reality Tour

If you see a SOup Do and can come then join us. Some guests have had teh steak Auprove (SP? Ok, Mileage Addict... teh teh teh)

I think dhammer says the tour is tentative set for May so the SOup Do will be scheduled as soon as we have a tour date. I think it's a nice sandwich of lots of different foods (Italian, French, pasteries, pizza... Mister Softee!)

Wish it were Dececember. I will need teh break because doing my holiday Cat sitting scheudles I find I am offiicially and completely booked. The San Diego 1Ks Soup Do is purrfectly scheduled between morning and late afternoon/evening visits.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 9:49 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

List has been updated because I've gotten confirmation of at least one VERY SPECIAL GUEST coming!!!!

I like to have surprises at events sometimes so stay tuned.

The only hint is that it's a Flyertalker!

And NO, it's NOT EDDIE (I would not want La Bonne Soupe to shut down for me bringing in a purrfectly behaved Cat.

Now Eddie's cleaner than most fast food places in NYC. And he likes French Onion Soup!_
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
MRKEY, you're flying from Florida, and we're flying from San Diego to NY in the winter. We're crazy!

It will be great to see you again. It's been a long time.

Ok now add a Arizonan to the must be loco possibly list
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:13 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by jan_az
Ok now add a Arizonan to the must be loco possibly list
I'm marveling that another warm weather person might be coming. It's good news, though.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
How did I miss this thread?

Of course, put me on the list. ^^ I may already have the day off so a drive into the city might be in the cards! If not, NJ Transit will work too

Dugernaut.... are you taking the train in or driving?
Old Sep 18, 2007, 9:06 am
Community Director Emerita

Yay, Mary!!!

Catman, I'm glad you've got influence with the owner. We're well on our way to filling their private room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.