"Pop the Cork Do": Cork, Ireland 6th - 8th June 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Pop the Cork Do": Cork, Ireland 6th - 8th June 2008

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2008, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As much as I would have loved to go, I won't have the time to make it. My summer plans have changed and I'll be pretty busy until late July, sadly. Have fun though!
Old Apr 21, 2008, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
I'm really sorry, but a couple of things have come up which mean I'm going to have to cancel my attendance at this Do.

I am sorry about this - I hope those attending will have a great time.
Old May 11, 2008, 12:54 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
So what is the status of this Do than giving that I can only see 3 people as confirmed?
Old May 12, 2008, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Question

Yes is the event going to go ahead as otherwise I will make other plans for that weekend? I guess it is a busy time of year for everyone.
Old May 12, 2008, 9:38 am
cpx

Programs: Many
I'm also looking for the update. Thanks!
Old May 19, 2008, 11:54 am

Well as there has been no update in a week and I did not get an answer to my PM to the OP of this I assume that this is now officially dead.

Gonna cancel my hotel reservation shortly.
Old May 19, 2008, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
It's a shame because even though I couldn't attend, I was hoping this DO would start off an annual/semi-annual Ireland DO tradition. Guess the time of year was tough on attendance. Fall/Spring might have got that attendee count up a little.
Old May 19, 2008, 12:30 pm
jhm

Originally Posted by sven60035
Well as there has been no update in a week and I did not get an answer to my PM to the OP of this I assume that this is now officially dead.

Gonna cancel my hotel reservation shortly.
With that and the silence from the OP, it looks like it's just me (non-refundable flights) but no problem!
Old May 19, 2008, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
I am really surprised that all but one are able to make the trip as us Irish do keep things in tradition and with the European SPG office being only down the road from the hotel its a shame, alas everyone seems to be busy!
Old May 19, 2008, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by IrishStephen
I am really surprised that all but one are able to make the trip as us Irish do keep things in tradition and with the European SPG office being only down the road from the hotel its a shame, alas everyone seems to be busy!
As much as I love to meet other FT's (I always have the yellow bag tags on), a DO between jhm and me seams a little stretch, we can have that at DUB or LHR lounge regularly.

I hope jhm will enjoy his stay down there (its a beautiful place but if you want spa make sure you reserve in advance).
Old May 20, 2008, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm sorry I won't be able to make this, and by coincidence I'll be in London through the 5th, so normally would hop over. But need to get back to the US. Hopefully if the Do doesn't happen this year it can be ressurected for next year. Cheers.
Old May 20, 2008, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
I'm not sure about what you all think of the timing but the Cork Food Festival (whatever its name - in mid-October?) looks great.

I'd be available for mid/late September... is anyone able to get to Cork then, time and weather permitting? Shoulder season rates?

(Any time mid-Sept to early October is a possibility for me, travel permitting, from Dublin. )
Old May 21, 2008, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Just to confirm that I won't be attending as I won't be in Ireland. Blame AA as I'll be in LA availing of their double EQMs promo. Shame it didn't take off as a Do in Cork would be fun.
Old May 22, 2008, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
oiRRio, I guess you'll be making hay while the sun shines. No checked bags, it could be interesting for carryone now on AA.

How's September?
I will be going through Roscommon at least a couple of times in September and hopefully spend some time driving through Cork (Kinsale and south for other nice spots for a drink and a peek) so hopefully a few of us can catch up on a (sunny ) weekend.

You could always come to the west coast and we could have a barbie and a round of gold by the beach.
Old May 22, 2008, 4:16 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jhm
With that and the silence from the OP, it looks like it's just me (non-refundable flights) but no problem!
I'm sure that ShowBizGuru and myself who are based here in Cork will be able to hook up with you for a few lemonades ;-) - you won't be on your own !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.