Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by socrates
My plane lands a little after noon...I'm not on the list but I'll be waiting at the bar shortly after 1pm (directing the 20 people above to the Doubletree down the street) waiting as runner up to the runner ups

I don't think we are that easily fooled. But we might fall for the Doubletree's pre-happy hour free drinks promotion.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
We will be having dinner with my sibs in Orlando on Friday night, following our meetings in MCO Friday during the day. We will then be driving down to Boca on Saturday, so there will be no wine for us on Friday--well at least not any wine in Boca.

We will be spending Sunday in Palm Beach with my old high school friends and driving down to MIA Sunday night for any early morning flight out on Monday.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
My flight lands basically at 4pm & even though technically FLL is a 30 minute drive, I might be hardpressed to make it to the 4:45pm.

Maybe since Dovster's going in early he can 'gauge' the attendance on the happy hours (and what's offered) or chat w/ hotel staff on % booking on Fri night, & maybe we go back to the original 5:30pm start-up time? BTW - I am NOT interfering w/ this Do. That's a big no-no in Do planning. I'll be there regardless, but probably closer to the original meet time than the pushed up one.

Looking forward to it! Cheers.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by socrates
My plane lands a little after noon...I'm not on the list but I'll be waiting at the bar shortly after 1pm (directing the 20 people above to the Doubletree down the street) waiting as runner up to the runner ups
Ah, but you are on the Dovster Awards list!
Old Oct 12, 2007, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Dovster
Ah, but you are on the Dovster Awards list!
yeah...but only once
Old Oct 12, 2007, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
...To make things simple, the first 8 people on this list who are present on Friday at 4:45 will be drinking the wine:

12. Efrem...
Since our plane isn't scheduled into PBI until 7:23, if you get down to #12 on the list, plan on continuing to #13.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 8:28 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by boxo
I thought maybe I was off the hook since I don't own saltines. Will do a half-sammie on bread. I hope jarred crushed garlic is okay.
Seriously, that would gross even me out.

Lame-o, limp crushed garlic on soft bread doesn't hack it.

You need the crisp texture of the saltines along with the crisp texture and heat of fresh, sliced garlic.

Otherwise it doesn't work.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:03 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Are you certain about that? If so, it is a change of policy from last year. I was drinking rum and cokes in the ES bar at no charge. (And most of the others there were having freebie mixed drinks as well.)
Geez..I too drink rum & coke..so I just checked with the manager on duty..we are safe..freebie mixed drinks can be enjoyed by all ^ . If (on a very remote chance that changes) Ms. Key and I will have our cache of rum/vodka to share with all in our suite.

Last edited by MRKEY; Oct 12, 2007 at 12:48 pm Reason: fire dept.regulations may prohibit the whole group in our suite:)
Old Oct 12, 2007, 12:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Cholula
You need the crisp texture of the saltines along with the crisp texture and heat of fresh, sliced garlic.
Saved again. I see, it's about texture as well as taste.

Okay, let's whip up a batch Friday afternoon.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 2:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I must remember to check that boxo hasn't had the garlic and peanut butter sandwich on Friday morning before we catch the train.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I must remember to check that boxo hasn't had the garlic and peanut butter sandwich on Friday morning before we catch the train.
You won't have to check too carefully -- it will be very obvious.

Incidentally, do you know that Cholula Hot Sauce now offers a garlic-flavored variety? I am yet, however, to hear of a Garlic and Peanut Butter Cholula Hot Sauce.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I'll bring a pack of mints.

You won't have to check too carefully -- it will be very obvious.

Incidentally, do you know that Cholula Hot Sauce now offers a garlic-flavored variety? I am yet, however, to hear of a Garlic and Peanut Butter Cholula Hot Sauce.
I have this vision of *vapors* rising off me like the Peanuts "Pigpen", but instead of filth, it'll be garlic fumes.

Speaking of Cholula Sauce, I've knocked down half a bottle in about two weeks time!

On the weatherfront: It's cold, blustery and rainy where I am. I'm so looking forward to Florida. Thirteen days and counting...
Old Oct 12, 2007, 6:03 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by boxo
I'll bring a pack of mints.

I have this vision of *vapors* rising off me like the Peanuts "Pigpen", but instead of filth, it'll be garlic fumes.

Speaking of Cholula Sauce, I've knocked down half a bottle in about two weeks time!

On the weatherfront: It's cold, blustery and rainy where I am. I'm so looking forward to Florida. Thirteen days and counting...
PBI weather is great Dov, no rain at all & we will all enjoy Sunny Florida for sure!
Old Oct 12, 2007, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MRKEY
PBI weather is great Dov, no rain at all & we will all enjoy Sunny Florida for sure!

Dammit! That means I don't get to show off my immorally-expensive cashmere sports jacket.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Dammit! That means I don't get to show off my immorally-expensive cashmere sports jacket.
That's ok. It was 30-something degrees here this morning. You can wear it when you take me out for an expensive dinner in STL (but don't count on anything immoral).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.