Search

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Well, after a few hours of "secondary screening" at LAX's immigration, they finally let me into the US . Happy to be back here and looking forward to meeting you all next week.
Well, at least you can say that they were not be lax in their efforts.

But don't expect things to be any easier on the way out. The box your Dovster Award comes in says "Made in Israel" on it and I know that might cause you some problems with Lebanese Customs.

Therefore, I am having another box printed up for you here. This one says, "Made in North Korea. Handle with extreme care. Radioactive materials can be hazardous to your health."

That should give you some fun with the TSA!
Old Oct 18, 2007, 8:16 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Am I the only one who thinks that this historic meeting of BEYFlyer and Dovster should be on videotape or DVD in addition to still photographs?
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Well, after a few hours of "secondary screening" at LAX's immigration, they finally let me into the US . Happy to be back here and looking forward to meeting you all next week.
Welcome back to the United States, BEYFlyer.

Oops, I suddenly have to leave the country. Oh well...

...nah, just kidding. Remember that I want to take the first-ever picture of you and the Dovster...
Old Oct 18, 2007, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Am I the only one who thinks that this historic meeting of BEYFlyer and Dovster should be on videotape or DVD in addition to still photographs?
Yes. You are.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 8:29 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Dovster
Yes. You are.
Time for clarification...

...not for the news, television or any other type of media.

I am simply suggesting a movie for FlyerTalk members to enjoy of the historic moment when BEYFlyer and Dovster meet.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I am simply suggesting a movie for FlyerTalk members to enjoy of the historic moment when BEYFlyer and Dovster meet.

With all due respect to BEYFlyer, I would more enjoy seeing a movie of the first time that I get to meet Michelle Pfeiffer.

Incidentally, I figured out a way to guarantee that Canarsie will be the first one to take that first picture of BEY and me. BEY is staying at a different hotel. If Canarsie were to go there first and arrive together with BEY, he would be in the perfect position to snap the shot before anyone else can.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 5:29 am

Programs: DL, NW Silver Elite, Hilton
Originally Posted by underpressure
Just me... remember... Houlover Beach?
How could I have forgotten??
Old Oct 19, 2007, 7:36 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
With all due respect to BEYFlyer, I would more enjoy seeing a movie of the first time that I get to meet Michelle Pfeiffer.

Incidentally, I figured out a way to guarantee that Canarsie will be the first one to take that first picture of BEY and me. BEY is staying at a different hotel. If Canarsie were to go there first and arrive together with BEY, he would be in the perfect position to snap the shot before anyone else can.
Actually, I think Canarsie just volunteered to pick BEYFlyer up at his hotel and bring him to the Embassy Suites to meet you.

underpressure, I'd be interested in the Boat Show as well - provided I can bum a ride from somebody...
Old Oct 19, 2007, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by alex0683de
underpressure, I'd be interested in the Boat Show as well - provided I can bum a ride from somebody...
I would also be interested in the boat show if I can also be a ride bummer...
Old Oct 19, 2007, 9:16 am
Original Poster

How far is the boat show from the ES? They might be willing to have the shuttle go there for you.

BTW, for the next few days I am in the Hilton Suites in Boca. I saw a sign in the lobby noting that there is a reception tonight for a bat mitzvah.

I was thinking that it would be very nice of me to give the bat mitzvah girl a present that came from Israel. I wonder how long it would take me to get declared persona non grata forever from the Hilton chain by giving a 13 year old girl the completely tasteless shirt I brought for Cholula.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 11:02 am
In Memoriam

How far is the boat show from the ES? They might be willing to have the shuttle go there for you.

BTW, for the next few days I am in the Hilton Suites in Boca. I saw a sign in the lobby noting that there is a reception tonight for a bat mitzvah.

I was thinking that it would be very nice of me to give the bat mitzvah girl a present that came from Israel. I wonder how long it would take me to get declared persona non grata forever from the Hilton chain by giving a 13 year old girl the completely tasteless shirt I brought for Cholula.
25.3 miles

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_...tions-popup.do

That is to the convention center. They have three different venues.

Admission for Saturday Only is $16.00

I am certin that you can take the water taxi and avoid the parking and traffic hassle.http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLMap.Asp Get off at stop number 7.

Traffic and parking down there is just horrible. Double tree has a parking deck at Sunrise Boulevard Location. There are several areas that you can park at and take the water taxi to the CC.

Last edited by underpressure; Oct 19, 2007 at 12:34 pm
Old Oct 19, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Is the boat show in Kansas?
Old Oct 19, 2007, 3:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
I am certin that you can take the water taxi and avoid the parking and traffic hassle.http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLMap.Asp Get off at stop number 7.
Is it just me, or do I spy railroad tracks near stop 11? Might it be worth hopping on the Tri-Rail from Boca to whatever stop it is in FLL and continuing on by water taxi?
Old Oct 19, 2007, 8:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Dovster, Canarsie and Traveller, to pick three random DO attendees, pls check your e-mail asap.

We have a procedural issue concerning Saturday night's DO dinner to discuss.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cholula
Dovster, Canarsie and Traveller, to pick three random DO attendees, pls check your e-mail asap.

We have a procedural issue concerning Saturday night's DO dinner to discuss.
Okay, I have read my e-mail and my answer is "No!" Besides, I don't think that having me tarred and feathered is legal in Florida anymore.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 9:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Okay, I have read my e-mail and my answer is "No!" Besides, I don't think that having me tarred and feathered is legal in Florida anymore.
10-4 Good Buddy!

Read you loud and clear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.