Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2006, 2:50 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
ROTFLMAO... I should've expected something like that from you... Too funny...
Old Sep 2, 2006, 2:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
ROTFLMAO... I should've expected something like that from you... Too funny...
My question was asked purely from an altruistic point of view. Seeing as our two countries are going through a difficult period right now, I thought I would offer to try to help international...err...relations.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 3:17 am

But of course... I wouldn't have expected anything less from you ...
Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:32 am

Hezbollah

Bey,
In a recent interview Nasrallah, the leader of Hezbollah, admitted that he would not have kidnapped the two Israel solders if he knew what the result would be. What was the reaction of the Lebanese population to such an answer? While I commend him for his honesty, I found that comment infuriating. I was wondering if his remark is viewed as an attempt to off-loading responsibility for so much destruction in his country. I can’t believe he didn’t understand the inevitable consequences of repeated war like activities against Israel. It seemed that you and Dov knew what to expect.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:58 am

Programs: DL, NW Silver Elite, Hilton
Alright, change of plans--------let's all head to Thailand to make BEY's vacation complete!!
Old Sep 2, 2006, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Oh and now it seems Jordanian MPs are joining our MPs in this sit-in!!!
I know -- and it has the Israeli government in a panic.

"My God! What do we do now? They are sitting!!!!"

At the same time, Hizbollah is frantic now that the Italian Army has landed.

I just hope that it didn't see the same CNN report that I did, explaining how much trouble the Italians had in hitting the beaches because "the surf's up."
Most of their heavy equipment had to be divered to a port city.

In June, 1944, the Allies invaded Normandy during some of the harshest possible weather with the Wehracht raining shells down on it but the Italians were turned back because of the surf.

Don't get me wrong. I love Italy -- I really do. It is one of my favorite countries in the entire world, but with the sole exception of the Alpini Brigade, which are excellent mountain fighters, its army is a sad joke.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:17 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by aucarol
Alright, change of plans--------let's all head to Thailand to make BEY's vacation complete!!
I'm in! ^ (As long as it coincides with me needing to be there on business anyway)
Old Sep 2, 2006, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Dovster queries:

Hmmm, do you happen to have a wealthy, beautiful, unmarried sister?
How do you predict, Dovster, that such a development would affect international relations with, let's say, for instance, Italy?
Old Sep 2, 2006, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Punki
Dovster queries:

How do you predict, Dovster, that such a development would affect international relations with, let's say, for instance, Italy?
Not at all. I am already off limits to my UIG's wealthy, beautiful, unmarried sister.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 2:44 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
I land in Beirut on monday early evening, all going well, so BEYFlyer when are we getting together this week ? Text me
Old Sep 3, 2006, 9:32 am
Original Poster

GK, I would be interested in hearing about that flight, especially what kind of security you run into in Amman and whether the BEY airport is showing any signs of the fighting.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:24 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by aucarol
Now that's the FT spirit! ^

Seriously, how about a BEY in BKK Do? I would be looking for an excuse to fit one more long-haul flight in this year anyway...

Oh, and Dov, you can use some of your DL miles to fly El Al to BKK - 60K miles in Y, 90K in C. Or if you can find someone on Coupon Connection who will hook you up with some AA miles, the flights would cost 45K in Y and 60K in C.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:35 am

So was just talking to my brother who is in Qatar at the moment. It seems Qatar Airways (taking you more personally) is going to attempt a flight to BEY sometime tomorrow despite the continued air blockade imposed by Israel.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alex0683de
Oh, and Dov, you can use some of your DL miles to fly El Al to BKK - 60K miles in Y, 90K in C.
My UIG is not at all happy that my screensaver includes a picture of a Thai girlfriend I had 40 years ago -- and now you want me to cancel a visit to Italy to go to Thailand.

Are you trying to make the peace more dangerous for me than the war was?
Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by WiseWilly
Bey,
In a recent interview Nasrallah, the leader of Hezbollah, admitted that he would not have kidnapped the two Israel solders if he knew what the result would be. What was the reaction of the Lebanese population to such an answer? While I commend him for his honesty, I found that comment infuriating. I was wondering if his remark is viewed as an attempt to off-loading responsibility for so much destruction in his country. I can’t believe he didn’t understand the inevitable consequences of repeated war like activities against Israel. It seemed that you and Dov knew what to expect.
I don't think there is any doubt in Nasrallah mind that his actions are responsible for what happened in Lebanon, so I don't think he is trying to off load some of that. That's why on the 2nd day of the ceasefire, money (USD 10-12K) was already being handed out by Hizbollah to those affected by the war. I honestly believe, however, that Hizbollah was not expecting such a response from Israel. Simply put, it's been done before and the response was never this severe (a raid on a power plant or water treatment station, etc). I think from Israel's point of view, the incident of July 12 (the death of 8 soldiers and the kidnapping of 2) was the straw that broke the camal's back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.