Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL HOT-LANTA DO I - July 21 -23, 2006

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2006, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Hi Dan - Hope you can join us! Just post here or send me a PM when you know your plans.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 9:03 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by socrates
See what happens when you retire....I am so sorry but I wont be able to attend...turns out I'm triple booked for this weekend, 2 do's and 1 get to gether of old College buddies I will make the ATL Do 2 though
and you gave me crap!
Old Jun 28, 2006, 8:48 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

For those of you going to the Delta Museum, keep in mind that there is no air conditioning in the historic hangar where it is located — unless, that is, they already do have an air-conditioning system installed in there and it was broken or shut down the day I was there — and we are talking about Atlanta in July.

If I remember correctly, the gift shop was air-conditioned.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Canarsie
For those of you going to the Delta Museum, keep in mind that there is no air conditioning in the historic hangar where it is located — unless, that is, they already do have an air-conditioning system installed in there and it was broken or shut down the day I was there — and we are talking about Atlanta in July.

If I remember correctly, the gift shop was air-conditioned.
Thanks for the info Canarsie. Unfortunately, they did not have someone to staff the gift shop, so it will be closed.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by flygirl555
Thanks for the info Canarsie. Unfortunately, they did not have someone to staff the gift shop, so it will be closed.
What?!?

Delta Air Lines could use every penny it can possibly earn these days! They could not staff someone to open the gift shop for one hour? With the interesting items that they sell in there, I would think that they would earn a profit.

Additionally, the gift shop is in the fuselage of an L-1011 aircraft. For anyone who has never sat in the pilot’s seat in this aircraft, it would be fun, as well as a great photo opportunity.

What a shame...
Old Jun 29, 2006, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We're in for this one

Franny and I have managed to clear off that weekend but we will need to leave fairly early on Sunday. We request that flygirl555 put us down for the Delta Museum on Friday and on Saturday the lunch at the Varsity, the Aquarium, and dinner at Loca Luna.

Since dan1431 is working in Palm Beach County all of July, he is joining us on the same flights and would like to be included on the lists for the same events.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by monitorSince [B
dan1431[/B] is working in Palm Beach County all of July, he is joining us on the same flights and would like to be included on the lists for the same events.
I could not have said it better myself

Dan
Old Jun 30, 2006, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Canarsie
...Delta Air Lines could use every penny it can possibly earn these days! They could not staff someone to open the gift shop for one hour? With the interesting items that they sell in there, I would think that they would earn a profit....
Will somebody tell them that that three of us bought A fares from FLL?

Don't they ought to know about it because selling all these A fares is the first step toward exiting from Chapter 11 and we certainly have paid for the salary of a gift shop attendent for the half-hour or so that is necessary for our group. ^

So whoever is dealing with them should call them up and tell them what kind of group they are shutting out by not having the shop open when we are there.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by monitor
Will somebody tell them that that three of us bought A fares from FLL?

Don't they ought to know about it because selling all these A fares is the first step toward exiting from Chapter 11 and we certainly have paid for the salary of a gift shop attendent for the half-hour or so that is necessary for our group. ^

So whoever is dealing with them should call them up and tell them what kind of group they are shutting out by not having the shop open when we are there.
DL if you are reading this board, please please reconsider you decision to not staff the gift shop. At the Continental Event last April, they had somebody staff the CO shop on Smith St. especially for the event. While I was there for no more than 10-15 minutes, I watched 3-4 people buy the $240 airplane models and most people spent over $20 on CO merchandise. This might be a way to see some profits without much expenditure and build some good will as well.

Dan

Last edited by dan1431; Jul 1, 2006 at 8:01 pm
Old Jul 1, 2006, 4:05 pm

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
I can go picket in front of the atlanta HQ with a sign that reads something like:

OPEN THE DANG GIFT SHOP FOR FLYERTALK - WE GOT PEOPLE ON A/F FARES COMING!

As for the weather, maybe we can get some junior pilots to "fan" us as we walk around, we can call it initiation for the union? :-P
Old Jul 3, 2006, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Okay, I admit it - I was blonde in a former life, so have pity on me. How do I sign up for the museum tour?
Old Jul 3, 2006, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by ecaarch
Okay, I admit it - I was blonde in a former life, so have pity on me. How do I sign up for the museum tour?
You are already officially on the list.

Welcome aboard!
Old Jul 5, 2006, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Please see updates made today in the first post of this thread.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Unfortunately I'm going from tentative to No for the weekend. Thanks for hosting flygirl and have a great time!! I'm still trying to make the September date.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:52 am
Original Poster

If you are joining us for the DL tour, please e-mail me your full name and cell number (see first post). You will need to show your driver's license to enter the DL Corporate headquarters.

(GoingAway, sorry you cna't join us...hope to see you in Sept!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.