Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 3rd NYC/Post Freddies Soup Do: Friday, May 5, 2006

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2006, 5:21 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Is it soup yet? Only two weeks to go. Yum, yum good.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 6:08 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

The Soup DO is about a week away so here's another bump.

If you have some free time Friday night stop on by. The food's great, the company magnificat!

See you in a week!
Old Apr 28, 2006, 3:43 pm

Mark,

please add me to the "try to make it" list.
I hope to see you and am glad that you are still organizing FT Dos.
I fondly remember you Mega Do at Citi with over a hundred attendees
Those were the days!
Thanks,
Rich
Old Apr 30, 2006, 6:23 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

List has been updated.

We do have some room if anyone else is interested. Looks like a good group with paws crossed the "Hoping to Make It" folk can make it.

FYI: Who has Freddie Jr? It might be nice on Flyertalk's birthday for him/it to be at an event (It's not a DO until we get 12 or more people. We are close (Sorry iluvtofly... the pillows can't count as a person Even my cats can't count as people if I brought them, which is sad becaues they are quazi Flyertalkers )

See you later this week!

On antoher note: FYI writetorich... there were 84 people (Flyertalkers and spouses) and one Freddie Junior attenidng my Catman Do Trois at Citi. I don't think Citi could hold 100 but they might.
Old May 2, 2006, 8:48 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Just a few days to the Soup Do.

Eddie is disappointed that I told him he can't come because I would not want La Bonne Soupe to shut down with a cat in the house (I may bring him back some soup to compensate.) He asks why are pillows allowed in and not him.

Onyx purrfurrs Italian (so I may have to bring something from Florentinos Saturday night.)

Dan... I'll make sure the Soup Do gang doesn't party all night and does not miss your push back time of 10:30am (check-in half a hour before.)

I need to call it an early night as well... I start cat sitting in Union City at 5 in the morning so I can make the Brooklyn tour. Will someone volunteer to nudge me away if I take an accidental cat nap (Seeing visions of a very disappointed Dan Hammer.)

there's still room in the Soup Bowl if someone has no plans Friday night. Come join the party.
Old May 2, 2006, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by Catman
(Seeing visions of a very disappointed Dan Hammer.)
Truth be told, nobody is excempt from the 10:30 pushback. That said, not to worry Catman; as your paw prints are deep into the foundation of the BRT.

You have 5 extra minutes, out of respect.

Of course your punishment will be to sit in 1B.
Old May 2, 2006, 9:46 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Dear Dan...

How is 1B punishment?>

That's my usual seat on United flights EXCEPT on red eyes and early morning flights when I seat in 2A or 2D (or whatever the second row window seat is so I can sleep against the window.)

I'll just have to leave my Harrods Cat Bag at home becuase i don't think I have a seat in front of me to put it under.

Thanksf or the extra five minutes. I accept and thank you. I'm also going to try to keep my 10 years plus record of never missing a flight (only once I came very close in HKG but that was avoided when I took charge.)

FYI: Eddie is mad he can't go on the Brooklyn reality tour but I told him he's a local cat and out of towners get first preference.
Old May 2, 2006, 10:01 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Catman
Dear Dan...

How is 1B punishment?>
Hmmm, I may know the answer to that question...
Old May 4, 2006, 7:59 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

(Sound of tapping spoon on soup bowl)

Ok, it's less than 24 hours to the latest Soup Do!!! If anyone else wnats to join us please post so I can give a final count to the La Bonne Soupe manager.

I am hoping those trying to make it can. I also hope Freddie Jr. can make it (it would be a nice celebration considering Flyertalk's eight birthday falls on this night.)

Looking forward to seeing you all Friday night!!!
Old May 4, 2006, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Well, since it is now known that I will be in NY for tomorrow evening through Saturday evening, I'll see y'all at La Bonne Soupe.

Looking forward to meeting several people I've not met and many that I know well .
Old May 5, 2006, 9:13 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Platbrownguy... welcome to the SOup Do! Glad you could make it.

I'll try to check e-mail about two hours before I head on over. List is updated.

See you later this evening!!!
Old May 5, 2006, 10:27 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

It's was another purrfect evening... *

We marked the 8th anniversary of Flyertalk (even with Freddie JR being a NO SHOW ) and even had a pair of Soup Do "crashers:" San Diego 1K and Darren (who can crash anything I host anytime. )

Glad you could make it writetorich and nice to meet Abel and Platbrownguy and see Flyertalkers I've met before again. The manager was a bit concerned that everyone enjoyed themselves. I told him just look at the smiling faces and hear the laughter.

Twenty dollars with tax and tip for a three course dinner in NYC is not a bad bargain.

The only thing I could not do was dance with Idsant... but in a nice abit small private room where we dined I may have had soup flying everywhere.

Thank you manager of La Bonne Soupe for helping make this happen, again.

Hopefully we can get that room for Soup Do four, next year after the Freddies. (and maybe if we do another event or two before then.)

*(well it was an almost purrfect purrfect evening... because I did not have Platium cards ready for repeat soupers AlysiaKathywsdf, lili and Monitor and Franny. )

Paging OLD GOLD!
Old May 5, 2006, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Yes, it was a great soup do (even though I didn't have soup). Wait, yes I did, I tried the French Onion, and it was good. But I digress. It was a pleasure to meet writetorich, CatMan, SanDiego1K, and Iluv2fly, as well as seeing everybody else that I know so well. I am much looking forward to tomorrow.

I'm now sitting in the W Union Square's basement "Wired" center, which is, amazingly, ultra-fast and free. In a hotel of $30 room-service burgers and $8 packs of mints, free high-speed is a jewel. Across the hall from me is the underbar which is teeming with all kinds of pretty folk, the resident ones getting drunker and drunker until they crawl out into the hallway down to the elevator shafts and go upstairs. I think I'll go see how everyone's handling themselves .
Old May 6, 2006, 7:24 am
Community Director Emerita

What a fun evening! Half a block from the restaurant, I look up and see Catman. We both started waving wildly, and ran into each other's arms. It's been a wedding and a baby (neither ours!) since we've seen each other.

Catman had his usual impeccable arrangements - a room just for us, so we could be as chatty as we liked without disturbing anyone else. We figured we had half of last night's bus load present, so we got a great start on the visiting.

And stockmanjr - what a change from the kid with a mouth filled with braces I remember from the San Diego Do in 2001. He's a college senior!

It's an amazingly beautiful weekend in New York - a balmy 73. We're off to tour Brooklyn in a few minutes.
Old May 6, 2006, 8:46 pm

Thank you Mark!

Mark, as usual you were an impecable host.

Thanks for your gracious efforts in putting this together.

Rich

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.