FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   London Do: November 11, 12, 2006 (Remembrance Day and Veterans Weekend) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/528229-london-do-november-11-12-2006-remembrance-day-veterans-weekend.html)

Heathrow 777 Feb 20, 2006 9:02 am

Wonderful idea ^

Just got home from the Shamrock Doo, perfect time to start planning the next one :)

Please put me down on the list.

SanDiego1K Feb 20, 2006 10:12 am

Oh, my! Jenbel has sprinkled her magic dust on the BA regulars! 8 months to go and we already have enough folks to have a great party.

loobtastic, I truly hope that your flight schedule allows you to come. We are pushing hard for you in the Walk for Life.

Mmm, I'm happy to see that my Swiss chocolate dealer hopes to come. ;) Yes, I admit it - I am a Swiss chocholate junkie.

LapLap, as Jenbel has already said, do let us know of any lodging bargains. It will make the difference for some as to whether they can come. I used Priceline myself for the 2003 London Do.

And kawoh, I've wanted to meet you for quite a while, after seeing some of the magic you've figured out with creative routings.

FLYGVA Feb 20, 2006 10:29 am

I will try it. I cannot confirm anything in the moment, as I as of today work in another office, but I penciled it and see what I can do.

Efrem Feb 20, 2006 10:37 am

Put me down as "tentative" - these were a lot of fun in the past!!

jan_az Feb 20, 2006 11:03 am

Well since you talked my SO into it - I guess I will be there.

I just hope its warmer than Chicago was this weekend :D

Escocesa Feb 20, 2006 11:06 am

Put me down for the possibility list! However, I'm sure I'll be there!

SanDiego1K Feb 20, 2006 12:13 pm

Attendance list updated to this point.

Jan_AZ, London is NEVER as cold as Chicago can be in winter. And oh, btw, he's now your HUSBAND not your SO. ;) Evil Sensei is on the list.

FLYGVA, a new job? I look forward to learning about it in Lyon.

Efrem, let's keep up our string of meetings all around the world.

Escocesa, welcome!

magic111 Feb 20, 2006 1:21 pm

Looking at my date planner and future job prospects :D it appears that I do not have any other plans for those dates at this time.

I am a definite but Jerrie is a maybe since she now has a gallery in Sonoma and it is only open on weekends and holidays and that might be a busy time for her.

flygirl555 Feb 20, 2006 1:31 pm

Can you add me to the list as a tentative? I haven't been to LON in years and would love to join all of you...

Efrem Feb 20, 2006 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Efrem, let's keep up our string of meetings all around the world.

Looking forward to that part of it, but haven't we already checked off London?

SanDiego1K Feb 20, 2006 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Efrem
Looking forward to that part of it, but haven't we already checked off London?

Indeed we have, but a good thing is always worth doing again.

magic111, you're on the list. It sounds as though we need a Do in Petaluma with a gallery viewing.

flygirl555, we'd love to have you come.

NickW Feb 20, 2006 3:03 pm

Oh yes. I think I'll come! (It's the weekend after my birthday, the big three-oh)

Prospero Feb 20, 2006 3:14 pm

Oh! this one has monster written all over. I'm a definite ^

JulieAA Feb 20, 2006 3:57 pm

Put me as tentative. I'm going to put it on my calendar now and think positively! ^

Prospero Feb 20, 2006 4:10 pm

Well my attempts with Priceline.co.uk this evening have been interesting.

Bids at £65 for a 5* gathered no fruit. :p
Shot 1: Mayfair/Soho & Kensington/Knightsbridge
Shot 2: expanded to include Bloomsbury/Marble Arch
Shot 3: added Regents Park/Baker St

I lowered my sights and hit the 4* mark with a £40 bid
Mayfair/Soho & Kensington/Knightsbridge resulted with a room at the Hilton London Olympia.

Not exactly central but more than satisfactory for my purposes. Did I mention I was a London cabbie in a previous life? You never loose it :D