FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   London Do: November 11, 12, 2006 (Remembrance Day and Veterans Weekend) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/528229-london-do-november-11-12-2006-remembrance-day-veterans-weekend.html)

KenF Nov 21, 2006 3:42 pm

Willards Pictures....

Sorry it's taken so long, but Willard and I have finally got together the pictures from the DO, and have the first draft online.

Can I ask that anyone who wants the opportunity to check over the pictures prior to publication (i.e. if you don't want your picture on the WWW, or don't want to be idenitifed as being part of the drunken rabble in Soho etc.) PM me and I'll give you the link for you to have a quick look.

I'll link in the pictures and publish tommorow!

Ken.

Willard the Bear - And a big thank you to SanDiego1K, Jenbel and Wingnut - for a really MEGA DO!!

lili Nov 21, 2006 7:33 pm

My belated kudos to Randy, Mikel and SarahWest for their part in the MegaDo.

The boatride was wonderful, thank you, Randy. It was the centerpoint of the weekend and we not only saw London from the river, we met and socialized wtih each other. It was great. (BTW, we DO get some sort of miles/points for that, right?)

Mikel at Webflyer, you put yourself in the center of this group 150+ people obsessed with miles, status and compensation, and you were working, filming, being polite and wondering when we were going to put you on the spit and fire up the barby. Last year's introduction to FTers in Kansas City could not possibly have prepared you for this. Film at eleven?

SarahWest you got us the best and hardest to get reservation in London on a Friday night, and again on Sunday. And you followed through despite personal difficulties. Thank you. It was wonderful.

SanDiego1K, wingnut, Jenbel - and the quiet +one George, thank you again for all your work, plans and diligence. It was a true success.

Karen2 Nov 22, 2006 12:47 am

Einar and I want to thank the organizers also. We were dazzled by the great planning, lots of hard work. Everyone seemed to have a terrific time. Next time we will follow Tom out the door to the Tube at midnight! Highly recommend the Hoxton Hotel for any of you able to get a cheap rate. Special thanks also to Randy for the boat cruise. Our first time to sail the Thames. Nice of the Lord Mayor to plan such a grand finale. We were disappointed not to see Randy again and the bride!

magic111 Nov 22, 2006 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

By any chance, did you video Wingnut's magnificent speech on Saturday night?

Ok here are a couple of snippets. Not good quality but you may find them interesting ;)
Saturday Night Toast

magic111 Nov 22, 2006 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
I think Mikel was filming during the dinner ceremonies - maybe he'll follow suit and post it somewhere it can be shared. ** hint, hint **

Although we don't have Mikel's video we can have Mikel's interview

Mikel

KathyWdrf Nov 22, 2006 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Karen2
Next time we will follow Tom out the door to the Tube at midnight!

For future reference, there are plenty of buses that run all night in London. I had printed off the web a map of some of their routes (the ones that run near Victoria Station) -- for me, the # 24 bus ran from Leicester Square to the street I was staying on (Belgrave Road) -- very convenient. And Alysia was able, I presume, to use the 52N to get from Picadilly Circus to her hotel.

Made good use of my Oyster Card (the bus ride cost 80p with it). :cool:

KenF Nov 23, 2006 1:08 am

Willard's photos up!

Thanks for your patience - Willard's report on the DO is now on-line Here

Big thanks to everyone at the Do, to Jenbel who helped with some names forgotten in the general drunken haze, and, of course to Randy and Flyertalk for helping to make it all possible!

Willard the Bear - I only wish I'd gotten a chance to meet Randy and sy thanks in person!

skAAtinsteph Nov 30, 2006 10:00 am

So who on our trip flew on one of the contaminated planes or stayed in one of the contaminated hotels???

GadgetFreak Dec 11, 2006 10:40 am

Originally Posted by skAAtinsteph (Post 6771610)
So who on our trip flew on one of the contaminated planes or stayed in one of the contaminated hotels???

Could you be more specific????

boifromtroy Dec 11, 2006 11:26 am

I stayed at the Millenium Mayfair, but that was like a year ago.

Was at the Park Lane during the 'Do.

skye1 Dec 11, 2006 12:00 pm

Stayed at the Park Lane. Checked the site that Jenbel pointed people to--doesn't sound like I have anything to worry about at this point.