Reload this Page >

What's a Flyertalk DO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's a Flyertalk DO?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2002, 1:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by geo1004:

What if koko and chexfan are headed to MSY and decide to meet at the RCC. They call geo1004 (a local) to come meet them for a beer. OK. Then they find out that Punki and Hunki will be at the same IAD RCC on a connection from SEA on their way to DUS for business. Suddenly, there's a phone call to Beckles in CLT. He's able to get a last minute award ticket to meet chexfan and koko in MSY. Punki and Hunki say a quick hello to Beckles as they depart to catch their flight to DUS. THEN, koko convinces geo1004 that even though his car is parked in the hourly lot it would be prudent to get on the same MSY flight and go for the evening. Then Punki and Hunki come back to the RCC because their flight was delayed. Punki knocks over her wine glass with the laptop cord connecting us to FT Chat and chexfan is practicing dance moves for his upcoming role in West Side Story.

What the heck do you call this kind of FT event????
</font>
One that I was at but not even mentioned!! Thanks alot geo. I'll try to remember you the next time we're together.

Old Jun 20, 2002, 2:46 pm
Suspended

LOL! Right on, Dish! And you were hard to miss that weekend, if I do say so myself! Not to mention the Village Idiot an his antics! First Geo skips out of parties himself, now he's trying to skip OTHERS out....

BTW, here is a typical conversation with colleagues at work:

"What are you doing this weekend, you Freak, ya?"

"I'm off to BKK/SEA/LAX/MSY/LGA/ORD [I always say it like this: "O. R. D.," or "L. A. X." never "Chicago" or "LA"] to hang out with my freaky frequent flyer friends."

I like it because of the alliteration...
Old Jun 20, 2002, 3:32 pm
geo1004

Sweet princess barracuda, I mean baraboodish, the story I told was located at IAD.... the glories of MSY are a whole different ballgame.

Old Jun 20, 2002, 4:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I quite agree with you, although in a different way.. I believe the one nighters are fine here but its the other stuff like:

Happy Birthday so and so
Celebrity Sightings
Unemployment
World cup fantasy league
Freddie Junior stuff
Get a FT life
etc etc etc

that I don't like; but since I am against moderation 100% I just live with it and post to it, b/c its there and there isn't much use in worrying about it.. if you can't beat em join em

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mashav:
I, for one, think that most "smaller events which may be one night affairs" should not be discussed here in Community.

[This message has been edited by mashav (edited 06-20-2002).]
</font>
Old Jun 20, 2002, 4:17 pm

Um, Mike, actually, that's not what I meant at all.
Old Jun 20, 2002, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TrojanHorse:
I quite agree with you, although in a different way.. I believe the one nighters are fine here </font>
As long as they are YOUR one-nighters you are posting.

Old Jun 20, 2002, 5:45 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Geez, George were you drunk AND high that night? Not only was BD at IAD, she was also on the plane with us IAD-MSY...
Old Jun 20, 2002, 6:16 pm
geo1004

Well, duh! I was there, remember....

Old Jun 20, 2002, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That picture shows me, but all I remember are stickers of presidents...
Old Jan 22, 2003, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I give up: what does "DO" stand for?

Yes, I've searched for the answer. Feel free to give me a flaming that Sheryl would be proud of: as long as you also throw in the answer.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
I asked the same question myself once! Here's the answer courtesy of doc

quote:
------------------------------------
Originally posted by tazi:
What is a 'DO"? I know that it is obviously a gathering with events but does it stand for something?

-----------------------------------

FWIW, the term "DO" was officially coined by the famed CATMAN himself, in reference to the "Catman Do I", in NYC in October, 1999!

For more please see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/002054.html

Hope this helps!

-Mark

Old Jan 22, 2003, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Unsure of the meaning of a word? Hey, there's this handy new thing called a DICTIONARY!

And they even have them on the World Wide Web! www.m-w.com , for example.

If you search for the word "do," one of its definitions (as a noun) is "a festive get-together" or "party."

No, the word was NOT coined by anyone on FlyerTalk!

Kathy
Old Jan 22, 2003, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KathyWdrf:
No, the word was NOT coined by anyone on FlyerTalk!
</font>
Shhhh... heads are shrinking as you type.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 3:49 pm

To DO is to be.

To be is to DO.

DO be DO be DO.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LastClass:
To DO is to be.

To be is to DO.

DO be DO be DO.
</font>
You left out the attribution of those three (yes, THREE!) quotes!

Shame on you!

Kathy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.