Reload this Page >

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XXIII, April 19-21, 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XXIII, April 19-21, 2024

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2024, 3:43 pm

Hi - Can you please add me for Friday at Merrick? Thanks!

Last edited by kiyaj; Apr 7, 2024 at 3:43 pm Reason: meticulous
Old Apr 8, 2024, 10:08 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Miesque
Super! I will shoot you a message that week to coordinate picking you up on Thursday.

Herb - I have a spot for you to join us at Lanes End.
Thanks for adding us. We are driving from Columbus and will probably go straight there.
Miesque likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Someone just posted on Facebook that the Costco in LEX has one ounce bars of gold.

I have not looked deeply, but I think buying these with $200 Visa GCs bought with Ink at office supply and immediately resold to a coin shop would make money.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 3:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Thanks for adding us. We are driving from Columbus and will probably go straight there.
Look forward to meeting the both of you.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
First LEX Do--many years overdue!

I've added myself to the Wiki and marked myself as On Request for the reserved sections. If the appropriate gate agents can review the waitlist and see if I've cleared, that would be helpful; for Castle & Key, I've visited them before so if the tour is full, I may just show up and see if I can pay for a tasting of their bourbons (since they only had vodka and gin last time I was there).

Thanks and look forward to seeing everyone (and reading the rest of the thread when I get a spare moment after I've recovered from Oz-induced jetlag)!
dhammer53 and toomanybooks like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 12:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Keeneland is opening up a few last minute tables for each weekend. They let me know about this upcoming weekend this morning

Since people have expressed interest at various times for Friday, April 19th. I need a firm headcount in case I am offered a table next week since I don't want to be on the hook for hundreds of dollars.

Near as I can figure it, the tables literally get snapped up within an hour of release. Tables are 4 or 6 with a full table commitment in order to buy. Cost is approximately $100 to $125 depending on the table, but no guarantees.

Even if you indicated a prior interest for the Friday table, I am requesting a current head count, so please reitereate your commitment.

I will do my best to obtain a table if there is sufficient interest.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by cocobird
Keeneland is opening up a few last minute tables for each weekend. They let me know about this upcoming weekend this morning

Since people have expressed interest at various times for Friday, April 19th. I need a firm headcount in case I am offered a table next week since I don't want to be on the hook for hundreds of dollars.

Near as I can figure it, the tables literally get snapped up within an hour of release. Tables are 4 or 6 with a full table commitment in order to buy. Cost is approximately $100 to $125 depending on the table, but no guarantees.

Even if you indicated a prior interest for the Friday table, I am requesting a current head count, so please reitereate your commitment.

Please put me down for one for the Dining Room Table for Friday. Merci Beaucoup.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 2:20 pm

Programs: US, HH
I’m up for a Friday table, thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by GrjApp
Im up for a Friday table, thanks.
Me as well.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
I forgot to mention there is a dress code for table rooms, in case that makes a difference.
Miesque likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:21 pm

I forgot to mention there is a dress code for table rooms, in case that makes a difference.
I have to comment that Keeneland is way more strict with their dress code, for the various dining rooms, than most Turf Clubs. This is not Belmont or Del Mar. Don't think you can talk your way past it - don't even think if you are a guy that you can get away with just a blazer if you don't have a tie, they will make you do down to the gift shop to buy a Tie and definitely don't think of wearing jeans. Do NOT even think of wearing sneakers The Lexington/Kentucky Dining room has the following

Business Formal

Gentlemen: Coat and tie, dress slacks, dress shirt with collar, dress shoes and dress socks.

Ladies: Clothing of comparable formality to gentlemen, including but not limited to: skirts, dresses, tailored pantsuit or dress slacks.

Not Permitted: Denim, regardless of color; slacks designed to resemble jeans; shorts (including rompers); clothing or shoes that resemble athletic attire; cropped or revealing attire.
HPN-HRL likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Please count me in for one seat at a table on Friday. Will make sure that I travel with a sport coat and tie, just in case.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:08 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver

Rxgeek+1 would like to be added.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:10 pm

I bumped the Sunday dinner up to 8 at OBC Kitchen. The wiki shows that count now.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Unfortunately I have to work that weekend so I also cannot make it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.