Monthly DC Happy Hours Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monthly DC Happy Hours Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2004, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Nice to meet some new faces last night!

Going forward I'm in favor of ample free parking!

But I will report that dropping off my car with the valet at Old Ebbitt Grill, techgirl and I then walked through the restaurant and out the back to the Hotel Washington...

Saved myself $17 using the Hotel Washington's valet, and there certainly wasn't any street parking to be had when we arrived.

Nice idea (was it geo's?)!
Old May 14, 2004, 5:37 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Alysia
I've posted my photo of the group here.
Many thanks for posting a group picture! Great group of people last night!!!

Kokonutz: We'll get you on the redeye to ANC one of these days
TechGirl: How many miles did I say it was?
Gleff: I need website updates NOW!
G2: You have every right to be proud of that digital picture...nice!
Alysia: Wooo! I saw you eating chicken!
Patty: We need to have a Cuban food get together...yum!
Samir: Thank you for getting us organized
Everyone else: Nice to meet you, sorry if we didn't chat more, I'll catch up with you next time.undefinedundefined
Old May 14, 2004, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Serves me right

Well, I didn't read the latest on FT before I left for the HW last night. I arrived about 7ish and wandered around the outside bar area for 15 minutes, looking like some lost Secret Service agent wondering where POTUS was.

I finally gave up and left around 7:15 and assumed parking was REALLY bad (what were those weird flags on all the limos on the street outside the back door of the Willard?)

So, lesson learned. Read your FT, not just daily, but hourly.
Old May 14, 2004, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
Count me in!

If you are on for the 94th Aero Squadron in College Park, on Friday June 25th, then I am there!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...file&id=793294
Old May 14, 2004, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Many thanks for posting a group picture! Great group of people last night!!!

TechGirl: How many miles did I say it was?
undefinedundefined

Don't say koko didn't try to warn you.

senor nutz... Thanks for killing my "oh, she's drunk and won't remember" cover. It really isn't necessary to warn the entire world about my evil ways.
Old May 14, 2004, 10:53 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, SPG, HHonors Silver
Thumbs up

Yes, thanks for putting this together!

This was my third social with the group and it was great to see some familiar folks and meet some new "faces behind the names!" There were 2-4 people I knew from before and about a dozen new friends (and yes, Mileage Addict, maybe one day I'll even cook for you guys... provided you don't have a HUGE family! ) Alysia, thanks for posting the pic, and gleff, thanks so much for your priceless advice! Even though I bailed at "halftime," the night was fun, and even though I didn't get a chance to really get to know everyone, even those short conversations -- such as my chat with techgirl over our monikers as we were walking out -- were really enjoyable.

I hope to see you all again soon!
Old May 14, 2004, 11:10 am

[\QUOTE]I finally gave up and left around 7:15 and assumed parking was REALLY bad (what were those weird flags on all the limos on the street outside the back door of the Willard?) [QUOTE/]

I too wondered about those flags. From my quick glimpse and my flags of the world collection, they look like Angola. Nice to meet some other FT'ers and match faces with names. I won't be around for June as I have 3 transcons before 4-July (SFO, YVR, and ANC!!!).
Old May 14, 2004, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Agreed... what a FUN night! It was great to meet so many new people. Gary & Steve, thanks for the rides to and fro (respectively)!

I'm back in town on July 7th (a Wednesday) if anyone is up for drinking then.
Old May 15, 2004, 1:36 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Was great seeing everyone last night... has it been a year Jen? I'll put out the suggestion for a DCA FFN i-dine bar crawl so we can get our 10K NW miles all in one shot... anyone interested???
Old May 15, 2004, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm in!

I've got 4 others that I've promised to do it with this year, but maybe we can coordinate. Last year, there were a lot of iDine place in Arlington - I think we started at Gaffney's Oyster house, did 2 others in Arlington, & made it out Luna Grill and then finished at Chadwicks in Alexandria.

We were thinking sometime in June.

Once you figure out when to do it (preferably a Saturday night, for me) - you should create a new post & not post it under the DC happy hour thread - maybe call it the DC Area FFF4 iDine Bar Crawl or something like that.
Old May 15, 2004, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Hi Samir. Saw the photo and you had a great group. Will monitor this thread to find a date I can join in . I'm in Italy first week of June and in CA last weekend but I will try another time.

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Tonight was an absolute success - we had a lot of old faces & some new ones. Little G2 was able to join us & it was nice to finally meet her after all these stories we've heard about her from Momma G2.

Time to start thinking about next month!

We didn't come to any sort of resolution (at least we weren't at a resolution when Kokonutz & Techgirl led the group to the second bar - Old Ebbitt Grill where gleff & mileageaddict took advantage of the free valet parking & I, like a moron, ended up parking 5 blocks away - at least it was street parking!)

So, hopefully they came up with an idea for next month - if not, come up with one here.

Probable dates are June 3 or June 10 - I'm not sure I'll be around on the either, but if I am here, I'll try to make it out to wherever we decide. My vote will always go to the one with free parking !

G2 tentatively has volunteered her backyard for later in the summer (after the cicadas leave) for a BBQ where she has suggested some nice cold strong martini's. The Key Bridge Marriott is still an option, but I was thinking we could do that for July as I'm not sure I'll be around for June's event at this point, but I know I'll be around for July's (which I'd like to tentatively recommend for July 8, at the Key Bridge Marriott - the first weekend is 4th of July weekend & it's a long weekend so people may be out of town or something).

Post your suggestions, please!
Old May 15, 2004, 1:52 pm

I am going to be in and out of D.C. on biz for the first few weeks in June and then again in July.

If all works out as it should, count me in.

Dan
Old May 15, 2004, 7:28 pm
G2

We can do a meet in my backyard in August or September. We could get a keg and make martinis, do some dogs and burgers on the grill, etc. People could kick in $10 or $15 bucks and that would be far cheaper than going out. Good thing we didn't have to order off the fancy menu at the Hotel Washington!
Old May 16, 2004, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by G2
We can do a meet in my backyard in August or September. We could get a keg and make martinis, do some dogs and burgers on the grill, etc. People could kick in $10 or $15 bucks and that would be far cheaper than going out. Good thing we didn't have to order off the fancy menu at the Hotel Washington!
We could all bring something as well. (This is especially meant for GatorGal who could bring a Cuban dish.)
Old May 17, 2004, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bar Crawl

For those of you who are NW fliers, I talked to thezipper earlier today & we were thinking about doing an iDine Bar Crawl on a Saturday in June - keep checking CommunityBuzz for details - thezipper will post them in a new thread. 5 beers + 1 qualifier = 10K miles - even if you're not a regular NW flier - 60 bucks for the credit card annual fee + 5 beers could equal 20K miles for under 85 bucks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.