Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: SPG,HHonors,Thai,Flying Blue
Hello Everyone and Happy Thanksgiving.

I am an International BDM working in the Smart Grid Industry based just outside London.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 7:29 am

Dear fellow world travellers!

I'd like to make my first post an official "HI!!!" to everyone who travels, likes to travels or wishes to travel a lot (careful with wishing that though - it is not for everyone!).

Myself, I'm a 28yo manager within a Global organisation, being on the road for approx. 50% of my time for the past 2 years - with its peaks to 90% when working in Shanghai - and a BIG fan of all points & related :-)

What I'm looking for? People that as me have a travelling lifestyle with all the perks and drawbacks to share experience, tips and so on.
But why a forum, some might ask? Well - I'm kind of the only one in my circle who travels this much. Thus in lack of tips (dude, no clue, who the hell goes to St Louis anyways?) or support (why are you complaining? its GREAT to see Sao Paulo, I wish I had these chances! without realizing it is only 2 for days, making travel time almost as long as my stay)...

My memberships?
- FB Platinum
- M&M Frequent Traveller
- Fortune Wings (starting status)
- A-Club Gold
- Hilton Diamond (dropping soon though)
- Thalys Gold
- Hyatt Gold (d'uh - you start there - soon up though ;-)
- Club Carlson (starting status)
- JinJiang Prestige (starting status)

Current visa?
- Russia 1y
- China 1y
- India 6m
(and a ton of stamps!)

Well - enough for now - but hoping for a supporting community & for sure I'll "give back"!
Bob
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: AA 1MM;UA Premier Platnium;Crown & Anchor Emerald;Starbucks Gold
Hello All!

I'm very happy to have found and joined this group. I have a probably unhealthy interest level in world travel and have always wanted to better understand the how airline fares are put together to get the best deals and maximize my miles for gaining elite status and free airfare. The idea of mileage runs and crazy out of the way routings doesn't appeal to most of the population perhaps, but it is very nice to find a group that does have interest in these things to learn from and share findings with. I'm also looking to join forces to keep up on all the changing aspects of the airline industry which impact us.

I have AA lifetime gold - unfortunately that doesn't make achieving a higher status any easier each year. I'm thinking of shifting my efforts to United/Star Alliance as they may have better world coverage and so fit in better with my overall see the world strategies. My home airports are SFO and SJC.

Looking forward to exchanging information with you!

JoAnn
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:28 am

I'm Owen - a mid 50's Sales Engineer whose true passions in life are travel and coffee. I do a fair amount of traveling for work and also as much as my money and time budget permit for personal travel. In 2010 I was lucky enough to circumnavigate the globe for the first time on a work related trip. Syracuse NY to Dusseldorf... train to Zurich... then visits to Frankfurt, Singapore, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and Taipei with a layover in Tokyo before heading home through Chicago. Last winter I took my first "coffee origins" trip and toured coffee plantations in Southern India. I try to make at least one major overseas trip each year and always to a place I have not previously visited. My favorite airline for general domestic travel and benefits is United but my best flying experiences ever were on Asiana and Singapore Airlines (in that order.)
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:24 am

New to frequent travel

Hi,

I work in the IT industry and am likely to be taking a new job for a software company in their professional services division. IOW, traveling to clients, mainly on the West coast of the USA. I've always had office jobs, this would be my first travel gig. Joined the site to learn how to work the mileage and points game. What credit card should I get, what airlines and hotel clubs should I join, should I always use the same airline and hotel chain, etc?

I have a daughter in middle school and will also want to network with you frequent travelers about how you stay in touch with the family while away. I expect much Skype, IM, etc.

Personal obsession is long distance motorcycling. I am an active member in the Iron Butt Association and have finished the Iron Butt Rally, rode nearly 9,000 miles in 11 days to a respectable finishing position. Hope to be riding to clients instead of flying whenever possible.

Jerry
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Greetings all! My name is Ian and I live in Washington, DC (hence, my handle). I travel every week for work (I work for a rather large German company), so I have ample Platinum statuses (with both Marriott and SPG, and UA and CO). I think I've been to over 70 countries on 6 of the continents, so pleasure travel is a big interest of mine. Recently this fall, my overseas trips have consisted of just a week in Hong Kong and a week in Brasil.

Anyways, I look forward to the pointers and leads on travel deals here.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:10 am

my intro

Helllloooo forum!

I'm Lindsay, 32, Canadian and currently living in Switzerland. Most of my travel is for fun, but I did a few work trips to HK and Slovakia in the past.
I found this forum since I just got addicted to the Lufthansa reindeer game. Decided to join as I find the info here most useful and will be planning a round-the-world trip starting in 2012.
Just finished my last working day yesterday - so ready to start some travel plans!

ps. I'm a FTL with Swiss M&M.

Cheers,
Lindsay
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:34 am

Smile Self Introduction

Hello everyone

My name is "O" I did my Master in Hospitality Management the US and currently getting my PhD in the UK. My research topic is on passenger's perception toward in-flight meal and exploring passenger's inflight meal acceptance.

I used to work as a flight attendent for 3.5 years flying mostly long haul routes and I see that there is so much food waste on board. So I decided to do something about it. Hopefully by understanding more about what passengers consider to be acceptable to eat while they are on the plane for 6+ hours, airline can encourage them to eat the food that has been put on board instead of throwing them away. Wasting both food and money.

I am developing a questionnaire at the moment and hopefully will be asking those of you who are interested to participate if that is alright.

Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in what I do and want to be the voice of many passengers in trying to reduced waste on board and improve in-flight meal.

"O"
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Persoon
Dear all!

My name is Oscar and new in the airline industry, I actually doing currently my thesis research for KLM which is about improving service on board! KLM has a pilot where 50 pursurs received an iPad on which personal data of passengers can be loaded to give better and more personal information! To make this project a success they asked us to research among the loyal customer of KLM (FLying Blue customers) what their opinion is of the new services they can offer with an electronic device as the iPad.

To make it a success we need your input and experiences. We have developed a short questionnaire of 8 minutes which will test your experience with KLM and your thoughts about newly offered services. If you are willing to help us with our research and help us getting our degree ;-), please fill in the following questionnaire:

https://nyenrode.eu.qualtrics.com/SE...GOCnn6JFX2DXjm

Thank you in advance for filling it out!

If you have any questions you can alsways contact me!
Hello Persoon

It's good to know someone else out there is doing a reseach on airline in-flight service too. I am currently doing a PhD researching passenger's in-flight meal perception and acceptance.

I am very interested to learn what you have found out so far about your topic. I tried to go in a fill out the questionnaire for you but unfortunately it was closed already. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need any further help on your study. Good luck with it
Old Dec 11, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: Asia Miles
hello there

Yr 12 student, occasional flyer HKG-LHR mainly CX (hate the shell seat!)
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:44 am

Hello !

Hi all !
Please let me introduce myself first, my name is "I" (for my detail name you can ask me). Living in Indoneisa, and I just 17 years old. (i'm student anyway).

Glad to found this forum (after i knew more about this forum, i think "why not to join?"). From last year i've interested about airlines, especially about frequent flyer and programs about it. From this forum, i want to deepen more my knowledge about FFP & miles.

Greetings and i hope someone can share the information..

Cheers..
Spirow
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:51 am

Talking Never to believe

Hi and you got it right; from my user name it is very clear not to believe any such "gentlemanagreement" specially from a country person suppose to be from the origin of English. So, I have this email address as well as the ID. There is no such thing called gentleman in sports, at work or on the street of English countryside any more. I wouldn't like to give out much without hurting someone or many who will read this. The only thing I can say is that it is all down to Education. Better go back to school and learn how become a gentleman.

Just to give you a hint "Dumex" is the company name slightly changed characters. They have trucks all over UK specially in Southampton.

Originally Posted by baobab
This may be a bit of an odd topic, but after reading various threads today, I respectfully ask some of our members to provide a little more information about themselves.

This is not a big-brotherish request - it's more that I am interested to see where people are/what they do/what activities thrill them, and some are very mysterious blanks...

Jim_B is somewhere in South America? auh2o has an interesting name, but what sort of mind comes up with that handle? pjaucutt provides all sorts of information, but seems to spend more time in Paris than at a university in Wisconsin, Jetdillo has a job which allows him the opportunity to critique BA's stewardesses outfits...

Many of the regular contributers change their profiles regularly (and perhaps those who don't should dust theirs off?) Mine may seem strange, but it is all true...
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:33 pm

intro

Hello, I am in Central California - retired early due to some high stress issues - now hoping to travel more than I was able to in the past. I am not made of money (well, neither am I destitude) therefore bargains mean something to me.. I don't like paying full price if there's a better way - so I am here to somehow get in the know.

In the past I have traveled to destinations in Central & South America, Europe & Israel ... maybe every 3 to 4 years. Hoping to increase that to 2x a year. I figure I can stand to be gone at the max, 45 days at a time - not too long, and not too short - (as I have dogs that I would miss too much

My travel style is solo backpack, staying in no star or 1 star hotels (& once in a while youth hostels, if they're not too crowded) - I love the Ritz, but I don't mind the Chinz (as long as it's clean)

I have collected Delta air miles... sheeeze, what a study in depreciation!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: FlotrutleTO
Transformers Games

keep it up! Thanks
Old Dec 26, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: Alaska
hi

I'm 40
Live on the South East side of Lake WAshington. I work at the foothills of the Cascade Mountains and I manage a portfolio of Real Estate in 4 states. We specialize in Low Income Housing (USDA/RD, LIHTC, and HUD Properties).

I fly about 30,000 a year 1/2 work and 1/2 fun. However I'm looking to significantly increase that. I'm currently only an MVP with Alaska Airlines.

Not sure what else to put but would to meet other MR's in the Seattle Area for coffee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.