FT'ers in NYC: Dec.29-01Jan.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FT'ers in NYC: Dec.29-01Jan.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2003, 12:06 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Just because Mrs QF WP and I are Aussies, doesn't mean that we have to eat at an "American" eatery. In fact, given that we are in the USA for another 10 days after NYC, I'd welcome choosing anywhere. We both eat out regularly - Chinese, Thai, Indian, Italian, Japanese, you name it.

I'll go so far to say that I think Mrs QF WP might baulk at some of the far flung places mentioned, but then again, different experiences are the spice of life!!
Old Dec 12, 2003, 1:17 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
I'll go so far to say that I think Mrs QF WP might baulk at some of the far flung places mentioned, but then again, different experiences are the spice of life!!
</font>
Pick and then let those be counted
Old Dec 12, 2003, 1:26 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
OK, just checked with Mrs QF WP and Greek is out (so vorciferous was her reply, decided not to go there ). Top 3 are (in order) -

Thai
Indian
Italian (I know there is a strong Italian population in NY, so would expect the place should be good)

Hope that's enough to go by. kawoh is about 8 hours into his flight over.

Old Dec 12, 2003, 8:15 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
Thai
Indian
Italian (I know there is a strong Italian population in NY, so would expect the place should be good)
</font>
Update: The Italian restaurant is not really known for its food - So I'll add an Italian I know - Bello 56th & 9th. Entrees are in their low 20s. There is another Italian opposite the Bello's - Puttenesca

Real Pam Thai while has good food - It is a BYOB place.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 9:50 am

Pls add me as a maybe. Ill know better the week before.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 11:05 am

Programs: (¯`'•.¸Hyatt Globalist * AA Gold * Delta Silver * Marriott Platinum * Hilton Gold¸.•'´¯)
Sorry for making things more complicated...... what about sushi ??
Old Dec 12, 2003, 7:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
If you want Italian, you go to Little Italy!

- HF
Old Dec 13, 2003, 2:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dragonmp11a10:
Sorry for making things more complicated...... what about sushi ?? </font>
This is my take on Sushi - Avoid evenings excpet places you trust - and those that I do are expensive.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 2:08 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HobokenFlyer:
If you want Italian, you go to Little Italy!

- HF
</font>

If you want Italian - Go to the Bronx. Little Italy is for Tourists and B&T crowd
Old Dec 13, 2003, 5:55 pm

Whilst I love Japanese food (due to being previously married to a QF-staffer who spoke Japanese), Mrs QW FP doesn't - think its the "raw" part that she doesn't like.

I too would think it is expensive in NY, probably moreso than the other options (depending on the restaurant and district, I suppose).

Do we have any concensus on an establishment yet? Don't forget somebody needs to book it (and hopefully find a spare table). The last thing we want to find is all restaurants with J0 Y0
Old Dec 13, 2003, 7:55 pm

Do we have any concensus on an establishment yet? Don't forget somebody needs to book it (and hopefully find a spare table). The last thing we want to find is all restaurants with J0 Y0
</font>
Maybe we'll wait till 15th for opinions and discussion before making reservations.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CMK10:
I live in Westchester County, I might be availible for dinner on the 29th, depends on if it's too expensive for this college student.

</font>
Too bad when your back home im gonna be where you goto school :P.I get back to nyc the 1st anyone still gonna be around??
-howie
Old Dec 14, 2003, 1:47 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">....I get back to nyc the 1st anyone still gonna be around??
-howie
</font>
Yes, howie, we'll be there -

[This message has been edited by akhullar (edited Dec 14, 2003).]
Old Dec 15, 2003, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Akullar,
Thai
I have enjoyed eating at Real Pam Thai.My concern is the number of us.
Indian:
Amma is an excellent choice. It is my favorite Indian Rest.As you know it is pricey.Dinner for two on average is well above $100.00.
For moderately price Indian IMO,Kiran on 53rd&9th.
Chinese:
Grand Sichuan have not tried it.But have read good reviews.
Have you tried China Regency.Across from the Sheraton.Decor is Basic. The Food is excellent.Great value for money.Dinner is under$20.00.
French:Bistro
Le Madeline, 43rd & 9th.
Very moderate in price for NYC French.
Great Bistro-Style food.Dinner under $25.00.
Not to put Collegekid in Chapter11,I nominate the following:
Chinese:
China Regency or Grand Sichuan.
Indian: Kiran
French: Le Madeline

yyzpprincess

Old Dec 16, 2003, 12:54 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yyzprincess:

Akullar,
Thai
I have enjoyed eating at Real Pam Thai.My concern is the number of us.
Indian:
Amma is an excellent choice. It is my favorite Indian Rest.As you know it is pricey.Dinner for two on average is well above $100.00.
For moderately price Indian IMO,Kiran on 53rd&9th.
Chinese:
Grand Sichuan have not tried it.But have read good reviews.
Have you tried China Regency.Across from the Sheraton.Decor is Basic. The Food is excellent.Great value for money.Dinner is under$20.00.
French:Bistro
Le Madeline, 43rd & 9th.
Very moderate in price for NYC French.
Great Bistro-Style food.Dinner under $25.00.
Not to put Collegekid in Chapter11,I nominate the following:
Chinese:
China Regency or Grand Sichuan.
Indian: Kiran
French: Le Madeline

yyzpprincess

</font>
Since you summed it up nicely, and have not yet sampled Grand Sichuan - So

GRAND SICHUAN it shall be !!!

Now for the head count, Folks re-confirm.

I see SIX confirmed and a few maybes ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.