Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Arrive Wed, Aug 28, 7:53AM on AA997.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:51 pm

New to the forum and excited to learn about this event. Mr. and Mrs. DaisyDog will be in Buenos Aires and would love to join you for the whole program.
We plan to arrive AEP Thursday 29 August and depart EZE Tuesday 3 September. Flight details to follow.
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:39 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wow... first of all, welcome to FlyerTalk. Its great to have you here and be able to host you at one of the most traditional FT DO's !!!!!

I will add you and +1 to the confirmed list, please check back to this thread regularly to receive updated information on the event calendar & details. If you can, please clarify you time of arrival on Thursday as there is a potential calendar change that would put a dinner event on the calendar for this day.

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K

Originally Posted by daisythedog
New to the forum and excited to learn about this event. Mr. and Mrs. DaisyDog will be in Buenos Aires and would love to join you for the whole program.
We plan to arrive AEP Thursday 29 August and depart EZE Tuesday 3 September. Flight details to follow.

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Jul 18, 2019 at 12:24 pm
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
List of attendees has been updated on the first page. For those that have not already done so, please post your arrival details, as Im looking to fine tune the calendar of events. More details to follow soon.

Thanks,
Alex
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:45 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Sorry for my lack of updates, @Gaucho100K

Unfortunately I don't have enough available vacation this year to make it work, but hopefully in 2020 I can make it - it sounds like a great event and I would definitely love to come see EZE
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
So far things are not looking good for me. crappy AA award space and a rumored death in the partnership with AS. I do have my calendar open but if i make it, i'm guessing it will be last minute.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:20 pm

Work changed, I am not able to attend.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Work changed, I am not able to attend.
Bummer. Was hoping to see you again.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:58 pm

Going to try to make it this year. Will book the Anselmo.
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Going to try to make it this year. Will book the Anselmo.
Excellent News. Hope you can sort out your flights and confirm your attendance soon !!!
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If anyone is interested in COW DO and doesn't have a ticket yet, there's a business class RT fare from $1573, MIA-EZE-MIA on AA. This was posted in the Premium Fare Deals subforum today. Some dates around late August and early September are apparently available.

ADDED: Someone also posted a TLV-EZE RT fare on AZ (presumably connecting through FCO or MXP, but it might be possible to do this on partner metal with codeshares) in business class for just over $2000.
FlyingCow likes this.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jul 28, 2019 at 9:48 am
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:24 am

My wife and I are thinking about attending the Do. Sounds like great fun. We have never attended a Do .We will be in BA during the Do, but (gasp) we don't drink wine. How do the dinners work? Are they a set menu or do we order and pay individually? If we decide to attend we will most likely just do the dinners. If we need to pay in cash we need a little heads up. Thanks for any info
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Former CO Presidential Plat (for a day!)
Partial attendance question

Hi Gaucho100K,

After many years of trying to match a trip, me and the wife will be in BAires over that weekend for a family wedding... What is the possibility of attending to some of the events on Friday and Monday?

We're a big "tentative" right now since I'm not sure of all the details for the weekend yet.

Thanks,

Mike
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Someone just posted a premium economy class fare under a thousand Euro RT on IB for BCN-EZE-BCN. Check the FT premium fare deals sub-forum for details on this and other deals to EZE in business class and premium economy.
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

My apologies for only now getting to reply to your post. Not drinking wine will not be a problem... we don't force anybody to drink grape juice they would rather not !!! LOL

Payment for meals is almost always in cash, not that credit cards aren't accepted - but it gets tricky when you have various credit cards and then there is the issue of tip (which you cannot add to the credit card charge)… so to make it short, please plan on cash for meals. There are both types of meal formats, some are set menu and others are order and pay a-la-carte. Needless to say, in both formats you will not be expected to pay for wine that you will not consume.

Let us know what you decide.... I will be updating schedule information in the next couple of days.

Cheers,
Alex

Originally Posted by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS
My wife and I are thinking about attending the Do. Sounds like great fun. We have never attended a Do .We will be in BA during the Do, but (gasp) we don't drink wine. How do the dinners work? Are they a set menu or do we order and pay individually? If we decide to attend we will most likely just do the dinners. If we need to pay in cash we need a little heads up. Thanks for any info

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Aug 3, 2019 at 10:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.