FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1946367-cow-do-xv-eze-aug-30-sep-02-2019-a.html)

Gaucho100K Dec 17, 18 6:20 pm

Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019

Its time, again, to thank everybody for their patience... and bring life to the Official Master Thread for the 15th consecutive Cow Do in Buenos Aires (EZE).

As customary, this DO happens over the US Labor Day Weekend - please come back to this thread to learn about this event, including program updates and news. This DO is a gathering of FTers (and non-FTers also welcome) that come together to enjoy Beef & Malbec, and all the other nice & interesting things that Buenos Aires has to offer. From Tango to Polo, Leather, Soccer and one of the Wonders of the World, Buenos Aires is just the welcome gateway to a variety of programs & possibilities....

This DO is one of the longest running yearly events of all FlyerTalk, I think that its tradition is only second to the Australia Do... Im sure that I can be corrected in case Im mistaken, but regardless, this DO is for sure one of the top DO's of these boards in terms of "years of service", and Im very happy & proud to be able to remain a part of this event that brings folks to my hometown, Buenos Aires.

After a great experience last year, we are again naming the 1828 Smart Hotel as the "official" (or suggested) Hotel for this Do. Needless to say, folks are encouraged to stay anywhere they want, and we do of course understand folks have their hotel points to collect, but for those that want a small luxury non-chain hotel at a great value, I would suggest you consider looking into this property.

They are offering a FlyerTalk Special Corporate Rate, please contact the hotel directly and mention the "FlyerTalk Corporate Rate", and they will provide details. All Bookings are to be made directly with the Hotel and handled by each interested guest.

See the hotel website here: http://1828smarthotel.com/en/

Please post your interest in this do and keep us updated as you book your tickets, hotel & other activities !!!!

Cheers from EZE,
Alex / Gaucho100K

Gaucho100K Dec 17, 18 6:21 pm

List of Confirmed (Flights Booked & Ticketed) Attendees:

Cyborg
MsEverywhere+1
rxgeek+1
KayakingNow
MSPEconomist
FlyingCow
soupxxxx
daisythedog+1
YYZC2
Zorak
mdt76+1
2retiredtravellers+1
M60_to_LGA
Gaucho100K

On the Interested List (still working on flights and/or scheduling):

CDKing
penegal

Out for this year :(
Friendlyskies
DLroads
AdamSmith
nomadic_relief
YYCowboy

Gaucho100K Dec 17, 18 6:21 pm

The Following is the preliminary Calendar & Schedule of Events for this DO...…

Friday August 30th
1100hrs - Charity Wine Tasting Nr. 1 at Somos Asado
1230hrs - Lunch at Somos Asado (set Menu)
2030hrs - Dinner at La Cabrera Norte (a la carte)

More Info for Somos Asado:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._District.html

More Info for La Cabrera:
La Cabrera | Parrilla Argentina - Buenos Aires

Saturday, August 31st
1300hrs - Lunch at SottoVoce Libertador (a la carte)
2000hrs - Dinner at Fervor (a la carte)

More Info for SottoVoce:
SOTTOVOCE?

More Info on Fervor:
https://www.fervorbrasas.com.ar/

Sunday, September 1st
FREE DAY - plans made by participants on their own

Monday, September 2nd
1100hrs - Charity Wine Tasting Nr. 2 at Somos Asado
1430hrs - Lunch at Trattoria Olivetti (a la Carte)

More Info on Trattoria Olivetti:
Trattoria Olivetti :: Proximamente

Gaucho100K Dec 17, 18 6:22 pm

EVENT PARTICIPATION DASHBOARD
Please review & let us know if your attendance to any given event(s) is listed incorrectly !!

MSEverywhere+1
Friday: Winetasting / Lunch / Dinner
Saturday: Lunch / Dinner
Monday: Winetasting

MSPEconomist
Monday: Winetasting / Lunch

FlyingCow

Cyborg

RXGeek+1

Soupxxxx

Kayakingnow
Friday: Winetasting / Lunch
Saturday: Dinner

Daisythedog+1

Zorak

YYZC2
pending confirmation

2Retired_Travelers+1
Friday: Lunch / Dinner
Monday: Lunch

mdt76+1
Friday: Lunch

M60_to_LGA
Saturday: Dinner

CDKing Dec 18, 18 7:28 pm

I'll keep my eye out. The little routing loophole that allowed me to attend for a day was closed up

nomadic.relief Dec 26, 18 8:51 pm

This has been on my radar for a few years now, jury's still out, but it's more likely than previous years.

penegal Jan 3, 19 1:47 pm

Thanks for confirming the dates.

Please list my early interest. I've had a number of close friends spend the Christmas / New Year period in BA and Mendoza and I have been watching their updates with much jealousy. Here's hoping I can make things work for this do.

cyborg Jan 4, 19 8:29 am

Count me in as confirmed and ticketed with arrival 29 August. Will book hotel later...

Cheers,

-Cyborg

YYCowboy Jan 5, 19 10:44 pm

Very interested! Will be keeping tabs on this thread. :D

MSPeconomist Jan 6, 19 9:11 am

Interested as always.

MSPeconomist Jan 21, 19 1:31 pm

There's a thread (started today) about a JFK-EZE business class "sale" fare in the Premium Fare Deals subforum of the MR forum.

Gaucho100K Jan 29, 19 8:42 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30682782)
There's a thread (started today) about a JFK-EZE business class "sale" fare in the Premium Fare Deals subforum of the MR forum.

Thanks for posting this.... hope some folks were able to take advantage of this.

Any updates on those looking into coming down for this Do...???

FriendlySkies Jan 29, 19 8:50 pm

Iím certainly interested in attending, though I wonít have my April-October work schedule for another month or so.

cyborg Feb 7, 19 3:51 pm

Airfare Confirmed

Originally Posted by cyborg (Post 30608947)
Count me in as confirmed and ticketed with arrival 29 August. Will book hotel later...

Cheers,

-Cyborg

Dear Gaucho 100K,

I have booked round trip air arriving 29 August and departing 2 September. Waiting to book hotel informed by your plans for the Do. I could book the 1842 like last year, but will wait until you advise us of the details.

Cheers,

-Cyborg

Adam Smith Feb 8, 19 11:38 am

I don't get out of the airline-specific forums much, but just stumbled across this. Count me very interested! I'll see whether I can confirm some travel plans over the weekend here.