FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1946367-cow-do-xv-eze-aug-30-sep-02-2019-a.html)

Gaucho100K Feb 28, 2019 5:11 am

Hello Adam... excellent !! Hope you are able to make this work for your schedule. Please keep us posted as you advance with your plans.

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 30754613)
I don't get out of the airline-specific forums much, but just stumbled across this. Count me very interested! I'll see whether I can confirm some travel plans over the weekend here.

Will keep my fingers crossed that you can make this work. Please keep checking back to this thread as I will be adding more information on the events and venues....

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 30717034)
I’m certainly interested in attending, though I won’t have my April-October work schedule for another month or so.

Excellent News Cyborg. I will put you on the Confirmed List.

On the issue of the Hotel, it is my intention to make the 1828 Smart Hotel the "suggested" lodging option, but Im waiting for them to come back with the details of what perks they are able to throw in to Do participants. I should have more details in the next couple of days.

Please check back here regularly, we look forward to welcoming you once again.

Cheers,
Gaucho100K

Originally Posted by cyborg (Post 30751706)
Dear Gaucho 100K,

I have booked round trip air arriving 29 August and departing 2 September. Waiting to book hotel informed by your plans for the Do. I could book the 1842 like last year, but will wait until you advise us of the details.

Cheers,

-Cyborg

MsEverywhere Mar 13, 2019 10:53 am

I am interested. Hope to firm up my plans soon.

MsEverywhere Mar 14, 2019 6:34 am

I even found my stash of leftover pesos!

And mark me down with +1

MSPeconomist Mar 16, 2019 1:46 pm

There's a good business class RT fare on AM (SKYTEAM) from AMS to EZE (connecting in MEX) that was posted today in the Premium Fare Deals subforum.

Gaucho100K Apr 2, 2019 6:34 am

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere (Post 30886453)
And mark me down with +1

Excellent News !!! I will update your Status to Confirmed+1 ^ ^ ^

Anybody else have an update on their planning status.....???

KayakingNow Apr 8, 2019 12:50 pm

Ticketed and travel plans confirmed

rxgeek Apr 8, 2019 3:41 pm

I'm booked with my +1.

Gaucho100K Apr 9, 2019 12:01 pm

Excellent !!! I will update you status on the 1st page of this thread.

Originally Posted by rxgeek (Post 30979419)
I'm booked with my +1.

Excellent News !!! You are quickly becoming one of the "anchor" attendees..... LOL :D

Originally Posted by KayakingNow (Post 30978844)
Ticketed and travel plans confirmed

Hi.... any updates on your plans....?

Fingers crossed.... :D

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 30717034)
I’m certainly interested in attending, though I won’t have my April-October work schedule for another month or so.

FriendlySkies Apr 11, 2019 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 30982456)
Hi.... any updates on your plans....?

Fingers crossed.... :D

We’ve switched to a new shift system at work, so it’ll be another month or two before I know. Previously, we’d bid our days off in a six month block...now it’s done in three month increments. As of now, I only have my April-June schedule.

Gaucho100K Apr 20, 2019 3:05 pm

Thanks for the update... look forward to hearing from you as soon as you can work things out.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 30989568)

We’ve switched to a new shift system at work, so it’ll be another month or two before I know. Previously, we’d bid our days off in a six month block...now it’s done in three month increments. As of now, I only have my April-June schedule.

First page of this Master Thread has now been updated, preliminary schedule of events is now listed, some venues are now confirmed - other still in the works.

Also have updated the list of confirmed attendees and those still working on travel plans.

Please keep us posted as you firm up your schedules.... looking forward to seeing lots of FTers over this coming labour day !!!

MSPeconomist Apr 21, 2019 8:14 am

Different dinner restaurants this year, but the links don't work. What can you tell us about these places?

Gaucho100K Apr 21, 2019 8:26 am

See post #3 for working hyperlinks.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31022304)
Different dinner restaurants this year, but the links don't work. What can you tell us about these places?

cyborg Apr 23, 2019 3:09 pm

Alex,

Thanks for setting up the Smart Hotel as the base. I just booked there for the Do. Great rate and wonderful staff!

I will be arriving Thursday morning and departing late Sunday. Count me in for all events Friday and Saturday.

Cheers,

-Cyborg

Flying Machine Apr 25, 2019 2:23 pm

Somos Asado

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d492d0b4a.jpeg
I went to Somos Asado today for lunch. Based on what I’ve read from last year‘s DO and noticing it’s on the calendar once again this year, I thought I check it out. Run by a lovely husband and wife team in a small intimate space where the food totally prevails. They have a wonderful lunch special at 250 ARS which translated to approximately $5.55 USD at today’s exchange rate. Service was tended by the lovely wife and the chef came over and chatted with me for a while at the end of my meal. The meat was an oven roasted type of brisket with barbecue sauce that melted in your mouth and the accompanying sweet potatoes were fantastic. Meal started with a handmade in-house empanada which is one of the better renditions that I’ve had in the longest of times. Fantastic place and a must go for their lunch special! All inclusive, starter drink and meal for $5.55

rxgeek Apr 25, 2019 4:06 pm

I'm drooling on my keyboard.