Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 2:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
It was great seeing everyone again! Wish I could've stayed another day or two.

Currently in the *A lounge at EZE. I swear I'll go back to eating responsibly tomorrow...

Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Good morning. Just in case there's any doubt, I'm skipping lunch today, but of course I'll be wine tasting.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
It was great seeing everyone again! Wish I could've stayed another day or two.

Currently in the *A lounge at EZE. I swear I'll go back to eating responsibly tomorrow...

Great to see you again.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
It’s always great to share and learn from other peoples travel. Thus, I’m living vicariously through you guys this weekend at the Cow Do. Besides a few posters, the thread has been rather quiet. I assume you’re all communicating via PM and out touring around.

With that said, curious to know what things that you found that you liked in the city, areas, events, restaurants, off the beaten finds?? (That we’re not in the official itinerary) Hope you’re all enjoying. Happy Labor Day to those US participants

Last edited by Flying Machine; Sep 2, 2019 at 9:19 am
Old Sep 2, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm at EZE, in the Centurion lounge. Chandon sparkling (brut, delice, and rose) plus a bunch of Terrazas Reserve varietals.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm at EZE, in the Centurion lounge. Chandon sparkling (brut, delice, and rose) plus a bunch of Terrazas Reserve varietals.
Interesting. I read that this wasn't a "real" Centurion lounge and they restricted access to specific Airlines.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:53 pm

Some of the Cow Do gang at Trattoria Olivetti. Grateful for our new friends. ​​​​​​​Kudos to Alex and Flo for a very memorable time. But thanks to them I can no longer buckle my belt on the last hole.
​​​​​​​
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek
Interesting. I read that this wasn't a "real" Centurion lounge and they restricted access to specific Airlines.
It is a real one from our point of view, meaning that Plat card implies entry and Centurion card gives access to the inner sanctum with meals ordered from a menu and served.

However, the bad part is that lots of local credit cards give entry privileges to the entire family, so at times it's packed with wild rowdy children running around unsupervised, screaming, touching food, and standing on the furniture. There's a separate play area for kids, but I've never seen a child using it.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:37 am

Checking out at 3:00. Hope to be relaxing in the LATAM or AA lounge by 4:30. Then we just wait for the inevitable AA delays.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:47 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Stepping on the scale at home this morning was not pleasant :-/ such is the price to pay for a long weekend of good wine and good food with friends...

(The beers I had on my layover in Houston probably didn't help either )
2RETIREDTRAVELERS likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:52 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
On what appears to be the last (official) day of this Do, with just about everybody "departing", I wanted to once again express my Gratitude to all of you for attending, it was great to co-host (together with FlyingCow) everybody for another great weekend of Food & Drink here in Buenos Aires. As I always say, its great that you come, but its even better that you leave thinking that you want to come back !!!

I look forward to seeing all of you here in 2020.... or, who knows, perhaps sometime before the end of the year...????

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:47 am

We have fear after 3 months in Argentina

Originally Posted by Zorak
Stepping on the scale at home this morning was not pleasant :-/ such is the price to pay for a long weekend of good wine and good food with friends...

(The beers I had on my layover in Houston probably didn't help either )
Sitting in the American lounge stuffing our face
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:57 am

Thanks to Alex for organizing and to Alex and Flor for co-hosting! Thanks to Cyborg for sharing a wonderful bottle of wine at his last supper. Thanks to (I don't remember who) for sharing a bottle of South African liquor. Thanks to Monica and Willow for sharing their ride to EZE. Thanks to Zorak for suggesting the concert at Theatro Colon on Sunday. Thanks to all for a memorable Cow Do!

Note to Alex: My 6 bottles of wine arrived home with me safely and no tax.
Gaucho100K, MSPeconomist and Zorak like this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:51 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks for letting me know your bottles arrived safely !!!

Cheers,
Alex

Originally Posted by soupxxxx
Thanks to Alex for organizing and to Alex and Flor for co-hosting! Thanks to Cyborg for sharing a wonderful bottle of wine at his last supper. Thanks to (I don't remember who) for sharing a bottle of South African liquor. Thanks to Monica and Willow for sharing their ride to EZE. Thanks to Zorak for suggesting the concert at Theatro Colon on Sunday. Thanks to all for a memorable Cow Do!

Note to Alex: My 6 bottles of wine arrived home with me safely and no tax.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
All,

I wanted to thank Alex and Flor for hosting the event, and I enjoyed seeing the old friends and making new ones.

I also wanted to apologize that during some of the events I had my nose buried in my cell phone. For a while, the hurricane had a bulls-eye so I was dealing with that and with other issues. Nevertheless, I arrive home safe to find no damage since only skirted eastern Florida.

Hope to see y'all next year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.