Reload this Page >

Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
AA iirops

AA gave each of us 15,000 Advantage miles for the irops. Not bad for no status I guess.
M60_to_LGA and FlyingCow like this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
....and in other IROP news, DL 101 from yesterday has landed, at 6:38 pm, although I don't see a gate assignment (hope this doesn't mean a bus), presumably carrying BostonGuy and M60_to_LGA.

ADDED:
Just arrived at gate 11, which IIRC is a gate DL uses, near the AR and Centurion lounges.
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 4:20 pm

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
On the ground and through customs at EZE, but no way I’m making Fervor by 8 PM. Maybe I stop by and say hello later?
Zorak likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Good morning everyone. I'm finishing my breakfast outside and therefore I'm definitely going to skip the lunch at Sotto Vocci (or however it's spelled) today. I'll see everyone at dinner tonight (Fervor at 8 pm), hopefully including FlyingCow and the two DL folks who were stranded in ATL last night. [For anyone who doesn't know the place, Fervor is about a five minute walk from either the PH or Alvear Palace, easily walkable from the Recoleta cemetery, Recoleta Cultural Center (with a cool sound and light snake that you walk through, all free), Palais de Glacé, the Bellas Artes museum, MALBA, and even the Evita museum if you're energetic, etc.]
You'll definitely see me! I’ll be on my way to Fervor shortly - we had a great lunch at Sottovoce and hopefully everyone has walked their food away already
Old Aug 31, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by BostonGuy
On the ground and through customs at EZE, but no way I’m making Fervor by 8 PM. Maybe I stop by and say hello later?
I've just gotten settled in at my hotel. Needed to relax a bit because I ended up with a headache after the flight, I think due to dehydration and lack of sleep. I think I'm down for the count tonight but would love to hear if anyone's planning something tomorrow!
Zorak likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 7:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
I've just gotten settled in at my hotel. Needed to relax a bit because I ended up with a headache after the flight, I think due to dehydration and lack of sleep. I think I'm down for the count tonight but would love to hear if anyone's planning something tomorrow!
Which hotel?

I know a couple of us are going to the free concert (posts 155/185 in the thread). Probably do lunch afterwards.

I'm leaving tomorrow evening unfortunately but I'm sure a dinner plan will coalesce as well.​​​​​​
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Which hotel? I'm planning to eat dinner tonight, but I don't know where/when.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
@soupxxxx @MSPeconomist it's open seating... I'm about halfway down on the left although only one seat now open next to me. We can find each other afterward I guess...
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:54 am

Concert

Originally Posted by Zorak
@soupxxxx @MSPeconomist it's open seating... I'm about halfway down on the left although only one seat now open next to me. We can find each other afterward I guess...
Sorry I missed you. I was about halfway down on the right. I enjoyed the concert and hope you did too!
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by soupxxxx

Sorry I missed you. I was about halfway down on the right. I enjoyed the concert and hope you did too!
Yes, I thought they played very well!

I stuck around a little bit to see if I could find you afterward but failed

I'm back at my hotel but would be interested in meeting up for lunch if anyone wants to get together...
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:25 am

Yes, I thought they played very well!

I stuck around a little bit to see if I could find you afterward but failed

I'm back at my hotel but would be interested in meeting up for lunch if anyone wants to get together...
Hi all! I’m glad you enjoyed the concert

I'm roaming around Palermo Hollywood and am about to head for lunch at La Pescadorita (Humboldt 1905, with Costa Rica). Never been there, though I like their meaty counterpart La Dorita, and I feel like seafood right now. If anyone is close by and wants to join you are more than welcome!
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by FlyingCow

I'm roaming around Palermo Hollywood and am about to head for lunch at La Pescadorita (Humboldt 1905, with Costa Rica). Never been there, though I like their meaty counterpart La Dorita, and I feel like seafood right now. If anyone is close by and wants to join you are more than welcome!
What time? Ms Everywhere +1 and I were going to go to as place across the street from our hotels shortly, but could possibly change up plans.

EDIT: on second thought I think I'd rather stick closer to the hotel since I have to be out by 4pm. Maybe next year

Last edited by Zorak; Sep 1, 2019 at 10:40 am
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:43 am

What time? Ms Everywhere +1 and I were going to go to as place across the street from our hotels shortly, but could possibly change up plans.

EDIT: on second thought I think I'd rather stick closer to the hotel since I have to be out by 4pm. Maybe next year
No worries. I’m already at the place and they only have tables available outside.

Let’s make a deal for the next Cow Do
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingCow

Fishy cow? I'm not feeling so great, so I skipped lunch (and probably should have skipped breakfast). I think I've just been eating too much. However, I have always enjoyed steak at La Dorita.

BTW, Argentina has apparently re-introduced currency controls, supposedly limiting the amount of money that Argentina citizens/residents can change. Exchange rates are expected to change further (in the same direction) on Monday, with a possible re-emergence of blue rates. YMMV. [This might be a garbled version of the changes.]

Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Which hotel?

I know a couple of us are going to the free concert (posts 155/185 in the thread). Probably do lunch afterwards.

I'm leaving tomorrow evening unfortunately but I'm sure a dinner plan will coalesce as well.​​​​​​
I'm at NH 9 de Julio. I now have to meet a work colleague for dinner tonight but will be free in Palermo Soho later this evening.

EDIT: Meeting him at 8 in Palermo Hollywood, then was planning to hit a bar or two in Palermo Soho afterwards. If anyone is around and would like to be my drinking buddy/ies, I'd love the company! I was thinking of trying Sullivan's, just north of Plaza Cortázar, and then .... who knows?

Last edited by M60_to_LGA; Sep 1, 2019 at 3:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.