Search

FT SFO Area picnic?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2003, 11:36 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
in a quandary....several good places are still open - all hold up to 80 people

one of Tilden Park's picnic sites (Island)

Coyote Point - San Mateo area - several beach picnic areas and two park areas (less shade) are open

Possibility of Miller Knox Regional Shoreline which even has a swimmable beach

Couple of beach areas sites in Marin - Mc Near's in San Rafael and Paradise in Tiburon

The issue is all of these parks except Coyote Point charge anywhere from $100 - 200 for the day use. Coyote Point is $50 plus $1 per person over 50 payable on the day...

All of these sites except Tilden also charge $4-7 admission per car.

Now if there's alot of Peninsula interest I can go ahead and pay the $50 and collect form prople later. Any other site - I will either have to collect $$ from folks in advance (which I really don't want to spend the time doing)
OR if someone wants to bankroll the deposit on one of the other sites above we could work that out.

I have ruled out SF sites due to cost, weather, and in some cases lack of bookable picnic sites for a large group.

I also talked withother Peninsula and EB sites which are not open on the weekend Aug 9-10 in question. So unless you have a site that you KNOW is available, be assured I have probably investigated it if it's a county park.

Please post soon with ideas or offers so I can book a spot quickly. THANKS!!!

Old May 16, 2003, 1:17 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
I vote for coyote point.
Old May 16, 2003, 5:19 pm

Location: Danville, CA - "When I read about the evils of DRINKING, I gave up READING.
If it is either Coyote Point or Tilden park, I will jump in and try to get a golf game for FTalk golfers in the bay area that will be attending. Will stay posted for updates. Thanks.
Old May 17, 2003, 12:09 pm

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Augh! I can't believe it!

This will be ANOTHER FT SFO event that I will be missing... sheesh. What is up with my karma?

I will be in ORD with some other FTers, I believe, for Halstead Days. This will probably be a Do but who knows yet.

I would plan an SFO dinner in Half Moon Bay if there is any interest? (Actually i am thinking "Princeton-by-the-Sea" at this microbrewery. (firepits and heaters, good food).
------------------
There are days when it takes all you've got just to keep up with the losers.

Robert Orben.

[This message has been edited by GoodKarmaGuy (edited 05-17-2003).]
Old May 18, 2003, 4:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
The Half Moon Bay Brewery isn't that bad. I've been there before. Have you drinks out on the deck with your significant other and sit on the chairs with the blankets to keep you warm while looking out towards the Pacific.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoodKarmaGuy:
Augh! I can't believe it!

This will be ANOTHER FT SFO event that I will be missing... sheesh. What is up with my karma?

I will be in ORD with some other FTers, I believe, for Halstead Days. This will probably be a Do but who knows yet.

I would plan an SFO dinner in Half Moon Bay if there is any interest? (Actually i am thinking "Princeton-by-the-Sea" at this microbrewery. (firepits and heaters, good food).
</font>
Old May 18, 2003, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

can we keep this on the picnic??

thanks

squeakr
Old Jun 10, 2003, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Looks like it will MOST LIKELY be in the South Bay, near Woodside, on AUGUST 10 2003. SAVE THE DATE!!!!

More details soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.