Wiki Posts
Search

ARE YOU GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2002, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FT Member # 642
ARE YOU GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES?

I was just curious to know how many FTers are planning on attending any of the World Series games.

No I am not going. During the playoffs the $40 nose bleeds seats were selling for over $500 I can't imagine what these tix are going to sell for.

Maybe the few that do go can have a mini get together at the beer and hotdog stand.

IIRC Newself will be attending at least one of the games.

Sorry kluau88 I didn't see your post below.

[This message has been edited by wingless (edited 10-15-2002).]
Old Oct 15, 2002, 1:43 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
The closer it gets to someone winning the series, the more expensive it will get. I don't know how it was for the other series, but it was definitely the case for the Giants. People were paying top dollar for Game 4 and no one wanted Game 5 tickets until after the Giants won Game 4.
Old Oct 15, 2002, 2:51 pm

Location: JFK, LAX, LHR, DUB, MIA, ORD, MAD - heavy travel to all
Programs: EXP: 2014, 15, Final 7 Mo of 16, and all of 17 (soon to be '19-20). Big Bonvoy Users
Will be at Game 1 in LA ... and working on 3, 4 or 5 in SF.

Go baseball!
Old Oct 15, 2002, 5:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
only if you have rain for a whole week, and the games would have to be postponed to nov-1 ff ...
Old Oct 15, 2002, 5:49 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Our company has season tickets for both the Angels and the Giants. I have a feeling that a lot of our Corporate BigWigs will be flying to CA to 'visit' us over the next 2 weeks.
Old Oct 15, 2002, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many years ago, having become too busy and moving out of the immediate area, I transfered my Angels Season Tickets with choice tenure to my Brother, with the understanding that if they ever ended up in the Playoffs or Series, that I would be entitled to lay claim to a couple of tickets.

I'm no longer a big baseball fan, but I have a feeling he might be getting a phone call soon.
Old Oct 16, 2002, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Maybe I should give Loren a call.

[This message has been edited by wingless (edited 10-16-2002).]
Old Oct 16, 2002, 6:44 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
if you have tickets and invite me, IM THERE !!!!!
Old Oct 16, 2002, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by newself:
Our company has season tickets for both the Angels and the Giants. I have a feeling that a lot of our Corporate BigWigs will be flying to CA to 'visit' us over the next 2 weeks. </font>
... and you will be spending the next 2 weeks playing beer & nacho boy. Just try and keep um in the club

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ftpiczoo3...6-5-02&.view=t

[This message has been edited by lisamcgu (edited 10-16-2002).]
Old Oct 17, 2002, 7:00 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Hey what is that Yankee fan doing in the pictures? Did you notice how many empty seats there were? We must have been playing either the Yanks or the Mariners!

By the way, I am going to the game this Sunday
Old Oct 17, 2002, 8:51 pm

I'll be there - wearing RED. At least games 1 and 2 - unless someone wants to give me big bucks for game 2.

After 41 years, I was always optimistic, but honestly believed I would never see the Angels in the World Series. My big concern is that I might have to fly out on the day of Game 7 (if there is one) and if I go to the game and it is a long one, there will be no more flights.

Go Halos - Go Rally Monkey!!!:}
Old Oct 17, 2002, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only for those with the deep redest of blood:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Anaheim Angels World Series Celebration Kicks Off With Disneyland Resort Pep Rally

ANAHEIM, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 17, 2002--Fan celebrations will begin at the Disneyland(R) Resort as the American League pennant-winning Anaheim Angels head for the first time ever to the World Series.

Throughout the span of the Series, the Disneyland Resort will be saluting the Angels with great events to rally fans both locally and around the nation.

The fanfare kicks off on Friday, Oct. 18 at 6:30 p.m. through 9 p.m. with the Official Anaheim Angels World Series Pep Rally at Downtown Disney(R). Fans are invited to this free event to cheer the Angels on to victory before the first game of the series. Throughout the evening, guests can participate in baseball trivia for a chance to win bats and balls signed by Angels players.

The first 10,000 guests in attendance will receive specially created halo hats available only at the pep rally and Thunder Sticks to show their support for the home team.

To share the excitement with the rest of the country, ESPN will broadcast the Baseball Tonight World Series Preview Special Live From Disney's California Adventure at 4 p.m. PT. During the one-hour program, host Karl Ravech and analysts Peter Gammons and Harold Reynolds will preview the series with a focus on the starting pitching rotations, review this season's top "Web Gems," present a feature on Barry Bonds' season and showcase a montage of the year's highlights.

For the remainder of the series, from Saturday, Oct. 19 through Sunday, Oct. 27, fans are welcomed back to Downtown Disney where Jumbo Tron screens will broadcast the games and live-band entertainment will keep the party going.

Live television and radio remotes at Downtown Disney are also planned for the run of the series, and guests are encouraged to stop by and watch their favorite radio personalities in action.

Adding a festive touch to "The California Series," the "A's" in the California sign at Disney's California Adventure(TM) will be painted red and adorned with halos, and banners saluting the two California teams will hang from the Golden State Bridge at Disney's California Adventure entrance.

In commemoration of this premier event, special Angels merchandise including apparel, Rally Monkeys and Angels wings and halos will be available for purchase at Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure and Downtown Disney.</font>
Old Oct 17, 2002, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

I'll have to check things out when I get off work (considering Downtown Disney is 500 feet from my work).

Old Oct 18, 2002, 2:20 am

All that Disney stuff is well and good but there won't be much to party about in Anaheim when the Giants steamroll the Angels.

I'm working on tickets for at least one game in San Francisco.

[This message has been edited by N866DA (edited 10-18-2002).]
Old Oct 22, 2002, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Dang, it looks like no more games in Anaheim. Unless the Angels lose one of the next two just so they can close out at home. Boy the Giants stink!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.