SFO - Saturday Oct 19 or Friday Oct 25

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO - Saturday Oct 19 or Friday Oct 25

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2002, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I hate to sound like a broken record BUT...where??
Old Oct 22, 2002, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dgolds:
By the way, dim sum is a lunch only event. But you can get a world class dinner at Fook Yuen, which is about a mile from the airport. Ask techgrrl - she and I shared Peking Duck there a couple of weeks ago. Great dim sum at lunchtime at Fook Yuen as well. </font>
Fook Yuen does have a killer Peking Duck... and I went back and had the dim sum the next day just to double check the quality.

Old Oct 22, 2002, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Karen2:

I hate to sound like a broken record BUT ... where??</font>
Karen2 .. my apologies. Been on vacation flying to Miami, Buenos Aires and Uruguay for last couple days with no lap top and only had a 10 minute email access. I think techgirl and dgolds seem to definitely agree that Fook Yuen is the place to be.

I have been slack and have not emailed dgolds to confirm what suits him, (doing now) but if that suits you and he ... we are in business. Does 4pm and that location fit in with you Karen? We will be short snoozing at Sheraton SFO Airport. Not sure if either of you can swing by and collect us en-route to Fook Yuen but would appreciate it if possible.

In Montevideo now, and travel by boat to Buenos Aires tomorrow, so will check back in about 24 hours.

------------------
~ Glen ~ Calling all United 1K Members - please join .. www.1Kflyers.com
Old Oct 22, 2002, 6:00 pm

Fuek Yuen is open 11a-2:30p and 5:30p-?, so I suggest we either meet around 5:30 at the restaurant, or earlier for coffee/drinks and then head over to the restaurant.
I can also pick Glen and Joh up if needed.
Looking forward meeting all you guys on friday...
Old Oct 23, 2002, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks Pacha for the heads up.

Venue not really important to us ... that Chinese place certainly seemed to get the nod from others. We will go with the flow with whatever others prefer to do.

Appreciate the offer to drop by and collect us. I am sure on a few long United 777 flights up front in the next day or two the odd bottle of bubbly may find its way into our bag, and anyone at Hotel at 4pm or so can share the spoils.

------------------
Old Oct 23, 2002, 4:42 pm
Joh

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honours Gold, KLM Gold
Here in Buenos Aires and unlimited free computer use on our lowball rate so I get to use email for a change. Amazing hotel. Looking forward to meeting Kathy again and the others on Friday late afternoon.
Old Oct 23, 2002, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
OK, looks like I will be available on Friday!

I'll just "go with the flow" -- i.e., meet either at the hotel ahead of time for drinks, or at Fook Yuen (that name always kills me!) at opening time.

Unless the plan changes, of course.

Kathy
Old Oct 24, 2002, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Great Kathy.

dgolds and Dion will be at Sheraton Airport hotel about 4pm, (booked under name of Stephens) so maybe lets make it there and go on from that point? We are in Argentina all day shopping here for another 12 hours (stuff is sooooo cheap here now) so may pack an extra bottle or two of bubbly with us!

------------------
Old Oct 24, 2002, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Ooooooo, sorry will miss you by a week. I'm in SF Fri Nov 1--leaving Sat am. If anyone is around then though, let me know.
Old Oct 25, 2002, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Shame Michelle .. we will catch up sometime I am sure.

Couple of bottles of Argentina's finest fizz on hand, so catch a few of you folks at 4pm today, and continue from there. In MIA now.

------------------
Old Oct 25, 2002, 1:08 pm

Hey there Glen,

Count me in! See you at the hotel at 4PM and if you still need a ride to the Fook Yuen, I can accomodate you. If your plans change, please give me a call at 510-816-8100.

Bing
Old Oct 25, 2002, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Since Bing's going ... count me in too - I'm free this afternoon and live just south of the airport. See you all at 4:00.

John (650)315 7520
Old Oct 25, 2002, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Once again, it was great!

ozstamps, Joh, Pacha, sf4dfish, SoFlyOn, a mysterious lurker, and I imbibed some bubbly chez ozstamps and Joh, then continued the party with a sumptuous meal at Fook Yuen. (Edited to mention that dgolds made an appearance at the "happy hour" but had to leave before dinner.)

Photos here:

http://photomail.photoworks.com/shar...QJfFhm/ydfx4up

Kathy

[This message has been edited by KathyWdrf (edited 10-26-2002).]
Old Oct 26, 2002, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for a great evening folks.

That was a well chosen restaurant, and a chinese cicular table suits a group of 7 quite perfectly. dgolds will never know just how good that lobster was that he missed out on.

Many thanks to Bing (sf4dfish) for the ride to and from the restaurant and for the translating of the menu. And for bringing along the FT lurker Patrick who works for United. Thanks also to Pacha for the run to airport, and for mailing on what clothing I left behind at the Sheraton.

Thanks for the bubbly and for posting the photos Kathy. And Joh reminds me this photo was taken whilst describing eating grilled bull testicles in Buenos Aires earlier that day.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 10-26-2002).]
Old Oct 26, 2002, 8:52 pm
Joh

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honours Gold, KLM Gold
I remember looking at Ozstamps whilst he was devouring the testicles. I could not eat them! The lobster in SFO suited me much better... Very good location and great company!

[This message has been edited by Joh (edited 10-26-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.