Search

Paris - 02.16 - 18 - Anybody there too?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2002, 5:48 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Paris - 02.16 - 18 - Anybody there too?

Have to go to the east coast for business so I've decided to go to Paris for the long weekend (well, here in the US it is for many of us - President's Day). Will anybody else be in Paris these days and would like to get together for a drink or two? BTW - NOT at the airport, but in the city! I know, that means that many of you won't make it.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 7:47 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Darn. I am in Singapore that weekend. Maybe next time. Have a great time in Paris!
Old Jan 24, 2002, 6:39 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I'm in Frankfurt 2/15-18 and was considering doing a quick flight to someplace else on the 16th, if I can get a cheap flight/hotel I might be able to make it
Old Jan 24, 2002, 4:21 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
well, will be in Paris on 2/12 (after DUS), then BRU on the 16th, but if there are enough FT'ers for a mini-meet, I may consider staying another day...

michell, how about it?
Old Jan 24, 2002, 4:39 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I am considering a petit mileage run to either paris or london that weekend. Would probably stay just 2-16 to reduce possiblity of debt incurred by shopping . So, if it works out, I'd love to meet for meal, window shopping or chocolate comparison tasting.

lala
Old Jan 25, 2002, 12:02 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

OK, sounds like we're going to have a "mini-meet" in Paris on the 16th. Anybody who wants to join us is more than welcomed to.
Old Jan 25, 2002, 6:33 am

Well I can get a cheap flight from FRA, and use a free night at the Hyatt CDG, so count me in for Sat the 16th ---Just let me know where we all want to meet!
Old Jan 25, 2002, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Hey, everybody, I should be around, too.
Old Jan 25, 2002, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
I'm arriving on the morning of the 17th...
Old Jan 25, 2002, 1:57 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
after emailing back and forth with the attendees, here's the latest:

2/16 lunch and tartes aux pommes in Paris
2/16 dinner still open
2/17 open (if nothing else, I head for BRU)

calling blair, celbrian....
Old Jan 25, 2002, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Belle: YGM. I'm flexible for anything, though I do have other plans for Sunday night. If you all would prefer lunch, etc. on Saturday, that's great. We could also set up something for drinks and/or dinner Saturday night if people prefer. I'm game for (almost) any plans - let's keep it simple. Celbrian is still in NYC, so he should be checking in here at the beginning of next week.
Old Jan 25, 2002, 8:52 pm

thanks blair, how about recommending a place for lunch near (or better, overlooking) the Seine, also serves delicious tartes aux pommes? (sp?)

shall we say 12:45-ish?
Old Jan 26, 2002, 12:43 pm

Count me in for a late lunch on Sat 16th and/or dinner and or/ drinks Sat evening
Old Jan 26, 2002, 1:55 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

OK, looks like we have belle, mauld, lala, blair, and myself getting together for this soiree! How about if we all meet at 1 PM on Saturday, February 16th at <Blairvanhorn's suggestion>?

Blair - could you please recommend a place that is french but not real "touristy"?

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. Bon Voyage!
Old Jan 26, 2002, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Blair - could you please recommend a place that is french but not real "touristy"?</font>
At your service, ldsant. I will think of a place and reserve for as many who are listed here for 1:00 PM lunch on Saturday 02/16. If anyone has specific requests about type of cuisine, please post here. Otherwise, I'm going for French traditional, not touristy and not too expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.