Party in the Metroplex - September 21-23

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Party in the Metroplex - September 21-23

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2001, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, QF PLT, Marriott PLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by studley:

You, bollar, Island, and I (and any other DFW FT'ers who want to) will have to get together and do some advance planning.

Let me know what's cool with you all.
</font>

Some upcoming weekend lunch sounds good, but if some other time works better for the rest of you, I'll see what I can do.

Also, I see that there was an announcement in the AA board about this -- I'd suggest adding an announcement in DL as we don't want our friends in Terminal E to be left out.

I see the State Fair of Texas starts the following weekend. Shoot! That would have made a good Sunday activity.
Old Jul 17, 2001, 9:37 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Please put me down as possible. I probably won't be able to attend the whole weekend but at least one or two events!

This could be my first FT event!
Old Jul 19, 2001, 9:04 am

I would be happy to help out where I can.

This sounds like a fun event. An AA tour should be interesting, expecially if we can sit in on the AA/Union negociations! HA. Maybe we could help out.

Let me know.
Frank

------------------
TANSTASFL - but if you work it right, FF miles comes pretty close.
Old Jul 19, 2001, 9:41 am

Keep me posted. Nice way to see the faces behind these names.

If you want to go to Rangers game that evening let me know as I work out there and I could see about discount tickets.
Old Jul 19, 2001, 12:24 pm
In Memoriam

This is really starting to sound exciting. When should we hold a planning meeting? I am about to leave for the San Diego event and will take notes on how everything was organized. I will try to add everyone's names to the website when I get back from SoCal.

Bollar, how many people do you think we will need in order to take the ATC and AA operations tours?
Old Jul 19, 2001, 12:35 pm

IIRC, the AA tour needs 10 people.

The ATC tours don't have a set number, I've done it solo, and I've done it in a group of 40 -- it all depends on their staffing. Once we have a reasonable idea as to how many people we have interested, I'll call the two ATC facilities and see what they could do for us.

As for the DFW tour, I have no idea what their requirement is, but I do know that it's run by the DFW Volunteer staff.
Old Jul 19, 2001, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Applefan:
This is really starting to sound exciting. When should we hold a planning meeting?</font>
Applefan,

When do you get back from SoCal? I think next weekend would be a good time for it. What do you all think?

I'm working on an AA contact to get a location over there in which we can hold the meeting. I probably should have an answer tonight.

If that doesn't happen, we will have to find an alternate location.

If anyone else is interested in meeting to help organize this event, let's hear from you.

Studley

[This message has been edited by studley (edited 07-19-2001).]
Old Jul 19, 2001, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Will many FTers be traveling to DFW on that Friday? Just wondering if we arrange the tour of DFW on a Friday, whether most people can make it. Also will it be very crowded that day?
Old Jul 19, 2001, 6:20 pm

I suspect that the DFW and AA tours will have to be on Friday and yes, I do expect DFW to be busy!
Old Jul 19, 2001, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

O.K., we can meet over on the AA campus next weekend. Who's in, and which day is better for you? I need to know to let our "host" know how many to expect, and to give everyone (who needs them) directions to get there.

Thanks to the "host". You know who you are!

:-)

Studley

[This message has been edited by studley (edited 07-19-2001).]
Old Jul 23, 2001, 4:08 pm

I am up to help out where I can.

I will be in LAX from 7/26 - Aug 6th.

After that let me know what I can do.

Frank
Old Jul 25, 2001, 1:44 am

I'm up for the DFW FT Get-Together. Having just attended the SAN Get-Together, I think this one also has the potential for a truly great event. In mid-August I will be moving to DFW, and hereby offer my services if possible (pending new work schedule).

I have previously toured both the AA Museum and DFW ATC (East tower), and they are excellent places to visit. Also toured the AA training center and it is quite interesting! Simulators, cockpit trainers, and FA training devices would be a nice touch. Maybe we could all try our hand at evacuating into the pool!

I can see what I can stir up on my end if you like. My AA contacts are from 4 years ago, hopefully still around somewhere.

------------------
preez mine da pratform gahp.
Old Jul 25, 2001, 4:34 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
FTers will find most everything very interesting at AA HDQ - from the C.R. Smith Museum, to the mockup cabins used during F/A training at the Learning Center, to AA AAdvantage Marketing.

You might even be able to set up a tour of the SRO (Southern Reservations Office) where
FTers can become familiar with how their calls into AA are processed and handled. One might even be able to 'double jack' with an agent.

And that for many FTers might be very enlightening!

And, don't forget that not too far away there's a spunky little company located on west side of the DAL runways - that definately has made its own history.

For 30 YEARS now. One mission. Low fares.

I think their ticker symbol is LUV!
Old Jul 25, 2001, 7:16 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
Please put me down as a maybe for this, it sounds like fun. Would also get a chance to learn more about AA.

------------------
Regards,
- Anna
Old Jul 25, 2001, 8:21 am

I've created a Yahoo Group for the PiM -- basically a mailing list where we can update everybody interested in late-breaking news on PiM. We've got a couple of polls as well, which will help us plan events that people are interested in.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlyerTalkMetroplex

We will, of course, be posting all updates to this thread, so don't feel like you'll be missing anything if you don't sign up.

------------------
My Aviation Pages
My Travel Pages

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.