Oregon Brewers Festival - July 27-29th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oregon Brewers Festival - July 27-29th

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2001, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Well, Hunki, I did manage to hit the spots you mentioned, plus a few others. Had been to Pike's long before it opened as the current brewpub/restaurant, so was surprised by what I found on Friday. And did Redhook again. There was also the Rock Bottom in Ranier Centre, and Gordon Biersch at Pac Centre [checked them out in SFO a year ago]. Then noticed that Harts is now Pyramid, which I visited after touring your new ballpark. And found essxjay's favourite, Elysium, both at the Games place, and at their brewpub up on east Pike.

All in all, a reasonable practice run for the weekend coming up. See you all there.
Old Jul 23, 2001, 11:50 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Beckles:
Weather's looking good:

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USOR0275

Do they need an actual "professional" weather person to come up with that ten day forecast? (In case it changes in the future, right now it's Partly Cloudy for the next ten days with highs of 81-85 and lows of 56-58 ... not a lot of variation!).
</font>
The partly cloudy part is somewhat misleading. What it means is there will morning clouds that burn off by noon or so. It should be perfect guzzling weather.
Old Jul 24, 2001, 6:47 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Brewfest attendees:

Please check the email address listed in your FT profile for an update on this weekend's specifics. If you didn't receive it, please notify me for a resend.

Cheers/"prosit," etc.

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 07-25-2001).]
Old Jul 25, 2001, 6:34 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Perhaps "partly cloudy" refers to the attendees after a few pints??

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by essxjay:
The partly cloudy part is somewhat misleading. What it means is there will morning clouds that burn off by noon or so. It should be perfect guzzling weather.</font>
Old Jul 25, 2001, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Are there specific times when we are all likely to meet or is it safe to assume that everyone will be there manning the fort guzzling beer for nine hours Friday and Saturday and seven hours on Sunday?

[This message has been edited by LarryU (edited 07-25-2001).]
Old Jul 25, 2001, 10:10 am
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LarryU:
Are there specific times when we are all likely to meet or is it safe to assume that everyone will be there manning the fort guzzling beer for nine hours Friday and Saturday and seven hours on Sunday?</font>
Larry, this is my question too, but leave it up to you to ask it so succinctly! We'll be at the park about 6 p.m. Friday and are also wondering if anyone else will be around at that time.
Old Jul 25, 2001, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23-24;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
I'll be there Friday evening, also around 6 o'clock, and probably part of Sunday. At least on Friday I will probably be wearing a tie and a heavy herringbone tweed coat, so I will be drinking the beer purely for helief from the reat -- oops, belief from the leat -- I mean (hic) a leaf from the beat. . .

------------------
"Yes, but at least mine will be found in a first class seat." -- Peattie and Russell
Old Jul 25, 2001, 12:34 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I'll be there all day Friday and most of Saturday. Sunday is iffy ...
Old Jul 25, 2001, 5:18 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Law Lord:
...so I will be drinking the beer purely for helief from the reat -- oops, belief from the leat -- I mean (hic) a leaf from the beat. . .

</font>
I know what you mean. I'm a little lexdysic after a few brews. &lt;g&gt;

BTW, everyone, I forgot to mention transit options from PDX to downtown.
  • Cabs are ~ $22 + tip.
  • The Grayline shuttle is $15 and stops at all the downtown hotels (Embassy, Westin, Benson, both Marriotts, Four Points, etc.)
  • The Doubletree has a free shuttle.
  • There are dozens of limo and door-to-door services that will take you downtown for about the same as a cab (a little more for the limo, a little less for the shuttle vans).
  • Tri-Met bus #12 costs $1.20 but takes over an hour to reach downtown.

The folks at the white information booth near the shuttle stop areas outside of baggage claim can help you further.

See you all in a few days.
Old Jul 25, 2001, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I plan to be there all afternoon and evening on Friday, then most of Saturday to finish things off. Sunday is more likely to be spent on other things, and then I'll head down to Eugene. We can likely gather for 6, if not sometime before that on Friday. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of new FlyerTalkers. May you all be upgraded on your journey to PDX.
Old Jul 25, 2001, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dupe post due to slowness of FT this week, and timed out message received from first attempt to post the preveious version.

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 07-26-2001).]
Old Jul 25, 2001, 8:57 pm

Looking forward to meeting all of you. I'll be there by 6:30 or 7 on Friday and similar time on Saturday..possible in the early afternoon for a while as well.
Old Jul 27, 2001, 4:07 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Well geo and I are on our way (him to SEA on the scareways, me straight to the beer)!!! After picking him up at 1:45am PDT, we're now at the BWI RCC enjoying our time with Mary Lou. Anna: she says to say hi!
Old Jul 27, 2001, 8:11 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Greetings from the CRC. I'll see you all soon.

------------------
"Sire, it is not a revolt. It is a Revolution!"
Old Jul 27, 2001, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kokonutz:
Well geo and I are on our way (him to SEA on the scareways, me straight to the beer)!!! </font>
But koko... we're gonna watch 'em make 74s and Red Hook ale today!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.