Wiki Posts
Search

Live Chat: What Do You Think ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2000, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest-millionair; Marriott, lifetime gold
Live Chat: What Do You Think ?

I went on "Live Chat" this evening for the moderated discussion hosted by Randy. Have only been on that once before. I found that the moderated discussion tonight moved slowly. The brief "chatting" prior to that seemed disjointed and difficult to follow... a number of conversations going on at once.
Not many of the regulars I see on these boards were involved.

My experience with the Live Chat is obviously limited. What is your experience ?
Old Sep 21, 2000, 9:25 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
This was my first experience.

It kept crashing my browser.
(Then, of course, I couldn't see any of the prior discussion.)
Old Sep 23, 2000, 6:35 pm
In Memoriam

Phil: My experience at a previous time was the same as yours, with "disjointed" being the operative word. In fact, I am not a person who can sit still, and I found it excrutiatingly slow. Cetainly not for me.
Old Sep 24, 2000, 8:45 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's a different experience, and I do prefer the "traditional" FT boards myself! Force of habit maybe!
Old Sep 26, 2000, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
I agree with your sentiments that the Live Chat can seem very disjointed, especially as one always jumps into it in the middle of a discussion between other people. During the live (moderated) chats with Randy, I've often found that the chat applet isn't working correctly. For example, there are times when some of the responses don't show up, or other times when I only see Randy's answers, but not the questions that people asked.

doc: I prefer the traditional boards more too, so I must confess that when I listen in on the live chat, I have a second web browser window open surfing the FT bulletin boards of course!

FewMiles..
Old Sep 26, 2000, 9:55 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"I have a second web browser window open surfing the FT bulletin boards of course!"

You are NOT alone!

Same story here! Type A! Maybe A+!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.