6000 post club! [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6000 post club! [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2004, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I am guessing that all OMNI posts are now removed from post count. A good move.
Probably not ALL prior OMNI posts.

I think what happened is that when the (in)famous game thread got moved out of Community and back to OMNI (now that OMNI has finally reopened for posting ^ ), the counts of those who had posted to it during its time on Community got decremented. During the time the thread was in Community, you see, posts to it were counted, but it looks like that has been reversed.

EDIT: Actually, based on the math, maybe what happened is that ALL the posts to that thread (even those from when it was previously on OMNI) got counted while it was on Community, but now that it is back on OMNI, they are no longer in the count. Or something like that.

I only posted three times to that thread (twice during its tenure on Community), and I noticed today that I suddenly lost a couple off my post count.

If you add RobotDoctor's current 768 posts on that thread to the 5,245 count now showing under his handle, my hypothesis makes sense. (And do the math on yourself and others! )

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Nov 5, 2004 at 6:38 pm
Old Nov 5, 2004, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by wharvey
6000 K post club

I do not believe anyone has 6,000,000 posts....

William
I think the missing 1,000 from United's "1K" status migrated to this thread topic!

EDIT: Oops! My bad! It's only a factor of 100 that is missing, not 1,000.

There's more than one of us who are numerically challenged today!

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Nov 5, 2004 at 8:12 pm
Old Nov 5, 2004, 6:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Kathy my post count went down more than the number of posts to "the game" (in total let alone just when posts counted in Community) which is why I speculated it was for all OMNI posts.

In any event it doesnt bother me as post count is not meaningful up against content.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 6:54 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I am pleased that none of the mileposts in the Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Post? An OMNI Game thread count toward one’s milepost count.

By the way, I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who participate in the CommunityBuzz! forum — especially the moderators — for being patient and allowing the thread to temporarily reside here. I would also like to thank Randy Petersen for allowing the thread to remain open while the OMNI forum was closed.

Now that it has been moved back home to the OMNI forum and that mileposts from it do not (and, now, never did) count towards one’s milepost count, I trust that nobody should have any complaints about that thread again.

Finally, anyone who wants to participate in the Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Post? An OMNI Game thread is more than welcome to join in at any time, as often or as little as desired.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Punki
Hey, RD, it looks like you have 5,000+ Did something go haywire?
He was at 6020 or so when he posted, so I guess KathyWdrf's hypothesis is being proved.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Someone has just informed me that I just hit 6,000 - I hope some of them provided useful advice, and I know some of them provided useless advice.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 1:45 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

we'll correct the OMNI gaff, but that aside, i think you now hold the title as #1 poster in all of Colorado - congrats. All that in just two years and you haven't even snuck into the House of Miles......

As well, confrats to our newest members at 6K - Eastbay1K. It's amazing how fast they grow up these days. Seems just like yesterday when......
Old Nov 8, 2004, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle

My post count has shrunk, much like my height (but not my weight). What horror. Ok, now I can contribute travel substantive posts to get to 6K posts again.

Regarding the HOM reference from Randy. Are you sure you really want to extend that invitation? My wife says that I can be quite boring and that I am not really funny. On a serious note, when I am in the area, I will certainly give notice and would consider it a privilege to be invited to the HOM. ^
Old Nov 8, 2004, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
we'll correct the OMNI gaff, but that aside, i think you now hold the title as #1 poster in all of Colorado - congrats. All that in just two years and you haven't even snuck into the House of Miles......

As well, confrats to our newest members at 6K - Eastbay1K. It's amazing how fast they grow up these days. Seems just like yesterday when......
...when I wasn't grown up? I'm sure Missy will attest to the fact that sometimes I am not.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Congrats EB on your 6000th post. Regarding Missy, ..........
Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
This is my 6000th post and, I believe, does not include the three or four I made in Canarsie's game.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
This is my 6000th post and, I believe, does not include the three or four I made in Canarsie's game.
What about the 5995 that contained lame jokes?
Old Jan 24, 2005, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by ScottC
What about the 5995 that contained lame jokes?
Not true! Only 1995 contained lame jokes. The others contained lewd propositions.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 2:06 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Congratulations on your 6000th post and your contributions to FT.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not true! Only 1995 contained lame jokes. The others contained lewd propositions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.