FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 6000 post club! [merged threads]
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2004, 6:31 pm
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I am guessing that all OMNI posts are now removed from post count. A good move.
Probably not ALL prior OMNI posts.

I think what happened is that when the (in)famous game thread got moved out of Community and back to OMNI (now that OMNI has finally reopened for posting ^ ), the counts of those who had posted to it during its time on Community got decremented. During the time the thread was in Community, you see, posts to it were counted, but it looks like that has been reversed.

EDIT: Actually, based on the math, maybe what happened is that ALL the posts to that thread (even those from when it was previously on OMNI) got counted while it was on Community, but now that it is back on OMNI, they are no longer in the count. Or something like that.

I only posted three times to that thread (twice during its tenure on Community), and I noticed today that I suddenly lost a couple off my post count.

If you add RobotDoctor's current 768 posts on that thread to the 5,245 count now showing under his handle, my hypothesis makes sense. (And do the math on yourself and others! )

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Nov 5, 2004 at 6:38 pm