Wiki Posts
Search

Northern NJ late July / early August

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2000, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Northern NJ late July / early August

Anyone interested in a mini-FT get-together in northern NJ? I'll be staying at the Parsippany Embassy Suites from Friday, July 28 through Thursday, August 3 and then, after a brief trip to Burlington, VT, will be flying out of JFK on Wednesday, August 9. I met some great FTers at the PDX dinner a few months ago but missed the NY shindig by a week and will miss the FAQ by a week as well.
Old Jul 20, 2000, 3:57 am
Commander Catcop

I can't do anything before Baltmore but anytime after August 2nd is possible. And there's a Ruth's Chris out in Parsippany.

Keep me posted, and I would e-mail njflyer since he's in the neighborhood to see if he wants to come.
Old Jul 20, 2000, 8:45 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Likewise, keep me up to date. I made the last mini-get together in Parsippany and the date and time will determine if I can make this one. I'll even drive Mark back to the train!
Old Jul 20, 2000, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Catman, Vulcan and anyone else:

It seems like Thursday, August 3 makes the most sense. I'll be heading out on Friday morning to visit my dentist (who sadly has no nitrous oxide ) and then drive to Vermont. (Why I live in Oregon and my dentist is in New City, NY is a long story).

We could assemble for drinks and snacks at the Embassy Suites and then go off to grab a bite. I would also like to suggest another candidate for dinner; there is a restaurant in Cedar Knolls called Sage Brush that has an absolutely SUPERB prime rib, and is somewhat reasonably priced too. Otherwise, Ruth's Chris is fine.

Let me know what you think.
Old Jul 20, 2000, 10:38 am
Commander Catcop

Larry, I heard about this Sage Brush... I think NJflyer/Steve goes there.

I'm up for something new. and August 3rd works for me!

Keep us posted and thank you again in advance Vulcan -- you have a good heart and Sondra does too!
Old Jul 20, 2000, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

OK, lets shoot for the August 3. We can meet at the hotel at around 5:30 for drinks:

Embassy Suites Parsippany
909 Parsippany Blvd
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Ph: 973-334-1440

It is located on northbound Rt 202, just north of route 46, near the intersection of 287 and 80.

Follow this link for driving directions:
http://www.embassy-Suites.com/HotelI...HOME&pid=PRNNJ

As soon as I compile a complete list for the mini-PIP (Party in Parsippany), I'll make reservations at Sage Brush for around 8:00 - 8:30. Here is the address for anyone needing to drive there directly:

Sagebrush Steak Cantina
38 Horsehill Road, Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
(973) 539-3324
Old Jul 20, 2000, 1:00 pm
E

Hey gang!

I've been conversing with Catman (offline) about a possible get together over the next few weeks as my business travels are bringing me to Stamford, CT. Maybe this will be the right time and place?!?!?

It is VERY possible I could drive down Thursday (08/03) evening to meet up with you guys. I think it is about 70 miles from Stamford to the Parsippany/Morris Plains area. Please keep me in the loop as time progresses. You know my email address.
Old Jul 20, 2000, 2:34 pm
Original Member

Aug 3rd should work fine for me, count me in.
Old Jul 20, 2000, 3:42 pm

Please throw my name into the mix- August 3rd sounds fine- I am looking forward to it.
Old Jul 20, 2000, 3:52 pm

The 3rd sounds fine to me But instead of the the sagebrush how about arthurs in morris plains. They got geat steaks and its close to the train station(right across the street.
Old Jul 20, 2000, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally posted by nj_flyer:
The 3rd sounds fine to me But instead of the the sagebrush how about arthurs in morris plains. They got geat steaks and its close to the train station(right across the street.
Arthurs does indeed have good steaks, I have been there many times over the last four years or so. However, I haven't been going there as frequently because it had tended to be crowded, noisy and there was often a substantial wait to get a table. I used to wander over there to have dinner with a fellow who had been residing at the Embassy Suites for about 18 months. Our unique solution to the long wait was to have him take off his wooden leg and threaten them with it. It worked like a charm. Sadly, he no longer resides at the hotel

My personal preference is still Sage Brush and I would be happy to pick people up at the Morris Plains train station between 4:00 to 5:00 and cart them over to the hotel for drinks. However, if Arthurs is preferred, I'll happily yield to the consensus.
Old Jul 20, 2000, 6:36 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'll try to make this on the 3rd!

Sounds like fun!
Old Jul 20, 2000, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
I won't be able to join you all, since I'll be in England on the 3rd, attending the Goodwood races, but I know you'll be happy at EITHER the Sagebrush or Arthur's (especially the latter). I'm out in that area at least once a month (and will be about a week later). FWIW, other recommended hotels, besides the Embassy Suites,(at least by me) in the area are Sheraton Parsippany, Westin Morristown, and Hanover Courtyard.
Old Jul 22, 2000, 12:25 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Hello LarryU!

I'm a new member to the forum, it's great to see alot of fellow FF people!

I work in Parsippany, about 5 minutes from the Embassy. If you wouldn't mind a newbie coming along, I would love to come!

I do have to check with the master (my wife) first, though... heheheh.
Old Jul 22, 2000, 9:17 am
Original Member

I am a possible for this one. May have a mediation in North Jersey that day, and don't know how long it will last, or whether I will be having dinner with my client. But if I am not having dinner with him, I may try to make it. Will keep tracking this here on the board.

Djlawman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.